Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

29 and going thru that I ain’t old yet but damn I ain’t young no more. Stayed out Saturday night til 6 am and been sleeping on and off since then. Feel like I need 16 hrs of sleep to make up for that ****.
Recovery time is at least a full 24 hours :lol: :smh: ...no matter how in shape or active u are that’s one thing that gets everybody , messing with the nightlife gets harder every year u get older

I miss the days I could party for a whole weekend...now I gotta pick one day and that’s it :smh:

About a year and a half ago, I tore my achilles running for the train in boots :smh:

Haven't been able to run full speed ever since the surgery that supposed to "fix it"(WAAAAAAAY too painful) and I loved running too :smh:

Washed... :smh:

About a year and a half ago, I tore my achilles running for the train in boots :smh:

Haven't been able to run full speed ever since the surgery that supposed to "fix it"(WAAAAAAAY too painful) and I loved running too :smh:

We need more details bruh. Like a full backstory

We need more details bruh. Like a full backstory
I was late getting off work and I didnt have much time to catch the last train home. With no time to change into my regular comfortable beaters I wear after work, I had to just run to the station in my workboots. It was all good until I had to run for the train.

I made the train but after I sat down I felt a SHARP pain on the back of my left leg. It was so bad a made a appointment the next day. They told me my achilles was close to tearing completely, so I had to get surgery.

After the surgery healed, it felt a little better but not 100%. So long story short, my doctor said they would have to do a second surgery since it didnt heal correctly but I don't got that kind of money right now. So, I'm stuck with a jacked up leg, for right now at least...

I'm ok walking, I just can't run.

I was late getting off work and I didnt have much time to catch the last train home. With no time to change into my regular comfortable beaters I wear after work, I had to just run to the station in my workboots. It was all good until I had to run for the train.

I made the train but after I sat down I felt a SHARP pain on the back of my left leg. It was so bad a made a appointment the next day. They told me my achilles was close to tearing completely, so I had to get surgery.

After the surgery healed, it felt a little better but not 100%. So long story short, my doctor said they would have to do a second surgery since it didnt heal correctly but I don't got that kind of money right now. So, I'm stuck with a jacked up leg, for right now at least...

Damn bro sucks to hear that. Hope it heals better and can alleviate that pain. Have you done any type of research in terms of what else you can do instead of another surgery ? Smh **** crazy

mjcry1.png

Not washed bro, that’s just a difficult injury to recover from. Have you considered more therapy?

Damn bro sucks to hear that. Hope it heals better and can alleviate that pain. Have you done any type of research in terms of what else you can do instead of another surgery ? Smh **** crazy
Perc is the quickest solution to daily pain but since I'm not about to be taking Perc everyday, physical therapy is the only thing that's helping. Its painful but its slowly feeling better to walk. I'll start back running next year hopefully.
Not washed bro, that’s just a difficult injury to recover from. Have you considered more therapy?
Yeah man, I started going a few months ago... I wish I started back earlier because it's slowly getting better now. I'll most likely start back running next year.

Bruh, you're not washed. That's a serious injury with a surgery that wasn't successful.

I mean technically the only thing washed about it is perhaps if you were younger and this happened you would've healed quicker and successfully.

It'd be washed if you ran for the train and like your knee just unraveled on the platform.

Just a tough break man.

Perc is the quickest solution to daily pain but since I'm not about to be taking Perc everyday, physical therapy is the only thing that's helping. Its painful but its slowly feeling better to walk. I'll start back running next year hopefully.

Yeah man, I started going a few months ago... I wish I started back earlier because it's slowly getting better now. I'll most likely start back running next year.

Yea man, therapy definitely takes time but it helps, don’t give up on it. Here’s to a speedy recovery

Damn, that sucks. I tore my achilles last year hooping too.

How did you do it playing ball?

And did you feel any signs coming beforehand that you were at risk for the injury or were you feeling good and was it just completely out of nowhere?

How did you do it playing ball?

And did you feel any signs coming beforehand that you were at risk for the injury or were you feeling good and was it just completely out of nowhere?

I didn't. Had no soreness on my achilles or anything. And I played (Still play) all the time so I was in shape. Just one of those random things. Caught the ball in the post on the right block, faced up, jabbed baseline to go middle, and boom, felt a surge. Like someone threw a football really really really hard in the back of my calf. Looked behind to see if someone kicked me, and no one was behind me and that's when I was like, "Welp."

I recovered pretty quickly though. I was walking again by like 5 weeks post op, and by 3 months post op I could have started playing sports again if I wanted, I just took it slow and started hooping again at like 6 months post op. My PT told me because I tore it when I was relatively young and was in shape, that that helped in the quick recovery.

However, what I didn't know was that I had tight calves. I stretched before I hooped, although not as extensively as I should. Right now when I ball I legit forget that I tore it, doesn't have any remnants at all, I just make sure to extensively stretch before hooping.

Yesterday I was sitting on the couch and I was about to watch "Last Week Tonight" on demand. My girl had just finished watching TV, so the local news was on.

I'm on the couch, looking for the remote, I spot it on the coffee table, but it would require me getting up to get it.

This was about the actual distance:

This is what the distance felt like to me
qjd5b.jpg

I said **** it at decided to hear about what is going on in my community.....

VeePopcorn.gif

#GentleCycle #OxicleanLife

thats sucks man

"i can't afford to have a healthy leg"

such ********

I didn't. Had no soreness on my achilles or anything. And I played (Still play) all the time so I was in shape. Just one of those random things. Caught the ball in the post on the right block, faced up, jabbed baseline to go middle, and boom, felt a surge. Like someone threw a football really really really hard in the back of my calf. Looked behind to see if someone kicked me, and no one was behind me and that's when I was like, "Welp."

I recovered pretty quickly though. I was walking again by like 5 weeks post op, and by 3 months post op I could have started playing sports again if I wanted, I just took it slow and started hooping again at like 6 months post op. My PT told me because I tore it when I was relatively young and was in shape, that that helped in the quick recovery.

However, what I didn't know was that I had tight calves. I stretched before I hooped, although not as extensively as I should. Right now when I ball I legit forget that I tore it, doesn't have any remnants at all, I just make sure to extensively stretch before hooping.

Damn man. Is it just me or does it seem like achilles tears are getting more and more common?

I’ve also been told I have tight calves whenever I’ve gotten a massage. My *** needs to start stretching more often.

Back
Top Bottom