MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Yeah Sinemia looks good. The 2 movies a month for any movie at 20 bucks is a good deal. That's 2 date nights out the way for cheap.

i used to not go to movies at all before i got moviepass so i'm not really worried about the peak pricing at all. i have no problem waiting to see movies. i hadn't gone for a few weeks and ended up seeing incredibles 2 last night and jurassic world tonight. tbh, i've got adhd or something lol. was just waiting for the movies to end so i could leave.

peak pricing is dumb

Antman2 and First Purge still has peak pricing along with Hotel Transylvania 3 and Skyscraper

that's pretty much all the movies in the theaters i go to outside of 2 time showing of Sorry to Bother You

F! MP

$4.50 isn't that much but those movies are usually $10-$12 in the theaters i frequent so it's only half off and I only really see the movie I usually wouldn't pay for due to MP, this peak defeats the purpose of MP

if yall don't see the big deal with that and how it breaks what MP initially stood for then I don't know what to tell you

peak pricing is dumb

Antman2 and First Purge still has peak pricing along with Hotel Transylvania 3 and Skyscraper

that's pretty much all the movies in the theaters i go to outside of 2 time showing of Sorry to Bother You

F! MP

$4.50 isn't that much but those movies are usually $10-$12 in the theaters i frequent so it's only half off and I only really see the movie I usually wouldn't pay for due to MP, this peak defeats the purpose of MP

if yall don't see the big deal with that and how it breaks what MP initially stood for then I don't know what to tell you

What movie theater are you going to in which tickets are only $10-$12?

$4.50 dont matter to me. It's probably just a weekend thing. With moviepass only offering 2d, it doesnt really affect me. I'm not using this **** to see things like Ant man :lol:

Now once they roll put the option to see Imax and 3d at a higher price per month and still do the peak pricing, then it'll be annoying. For now, this doesnt phase me at all

Last edited:
closest regency in my area is only ~$10 and ~$8 matinees

but see, that's the thing, if peak pricing should just include imax and XD and dolby atmos or whatever special showing they have

the problem is movies do not stay in theaters long enough, at least not in my area because they aren't the biggest and such

so if they keep movies at peak for 3 weeks, chances are it'll be gone by the time you can see it for free, first purge is on peak on its second week with $55m box office so demand on it isn't even that huge

$4.50 a movie doesn't sound bad if you watch once a week but to those that go to 10x a month, that adds up

purpose of MP is to see more movies and as much as you want for one monthly price, both of those points are now gone

peak pricing is dumb

F! MP

is it peak pricing for all showings? sadly, with them changing their terms so often we quickly found out that MP doesn't stand. we have to enjoy the ride while we can.

GiftedElasticEmperorshrimp.gif
LOL I didn’t understand this picture until I watched the movie yesterday, then it made sense

If Moviepass wanted to do like $2-3 peak and $2-3 for premium upgrades (IMAX, Dolby, etc.) then it's perfect to me. I'm cool as soon as they introduce the upgrade ability. The AMC by me still does not have all reclining and reserved seats and there's only one close by so their program is a no go. Sinemia isn't bad, but Moviepass still has it beat.

is it peak pricing for all showings? sadly, with them changing their terms so often we quickly found out that MP doesn't stand. we have to enjoy the ride while we can.

Looking at it today. It wasn't peak pricing early in the morning, but it became peak pricing in the morning for the rest of the day. I'm not sure if it's because people are buying tickets early for the rest of the day. But all shows after 12pm were close to peak around 11am with the grey lightening bolt, and then the next time I checked around 12:30pm the rest of the day is now peak.

Antman, Purge, Skyscraper and Hotel Transylvania are all peak for the rest of the day

Lol do some of y’all work for MoviePass? This is robbery. You can argue either way for MP and stubs A-list but when surge pricing is added to the equation it’s a clear win for amc. Numbers don’t lie. Y’all bout to pay over $20 a month for standard format showings(due to surge pricing) when you can get premium formats with amc for a flat $20

People really don’t take into consideration being locked into AMCs vs being able to use any theater?

I keep reading that the surge is so horrible, and that AMCs model is so much better, but is 3 movies a week at only AMC theaters really better than a movie a day at nearly any theater open?

I guess if you really care for 3D movies and the like, I could sort of see it making sense. I rarely go to see 3D movies though. All I want is a nice indie matinee.

What makes these other movie theaters so much better than AMC? I would for sure rather watch a movie in a premium format than standard format also.

Personally, I don’t have the time to watch more than 3 movies a week. Some may have the time but are not interested in doing so. I’m sure there are people out there that can but that’s def a minority.

I was out of work for two months and I don’t think I saw more than 3 movies a week (Even though I went very frequently and I had the money to do so)

Last edited:
3 movies a week is more than enough for me. Being able to see a movie more than once in Dolby or IMAX and reserve a seat days in advance without any extra fees or having to take pics of my movie ticket is what made me choose AMC over movie pass. Less hassle and better service.

Lol do some of y’all work for MoviePass? This is robbery. You can argue either way for MP and stubs A-list but when surge pricing is added to the equation it’s a clear win for amc. Numbers don’t lie. Y’all bout to pay over $20 a month for standard format showings(due to surge pricing) when you can get premium formats with amc for a flat $20
If you paid yearly then peak don't even exist yet.

I got the email about it but after the update none of it shows up for me.

The AMC deal is $20 a month for 3 movies a week for any kind of movie.

MP for me is like $9 a month for any 2D movie every single day.

Money wise it still has other deals beat on pricing even after peak pricing. Plus when I add in how I watch multiple movies aint no competition.

People really don’t take into consideration being locked into AMCs vs being able to use any theater?

I keep reading that the surge is so horrible, and that AMCs model is so much better, but is 3 movies a week at only AMC theaters really better than a movie a day at nearly any theater open?

I guess if you really care for 3D movies and the like, I could sort of see it making sense. I rarely go to see 3D movies though. All I want is a nice indie matinee.

it obviously only make sense if there is an AMC near you, i mean whats the point if you have no access to one?

most people go to the one or two theaters so if you have an AMC you frequent to then that is the better option for you

if you watch 5 movies a month at peak pricing each, then you're already paying ~$32 a month, i mean i thought peak pricing is only going to be good for newly released movies but that obviously isn't the case and I've averaged more than 5 films a month personally

each has it's pros and cons and if you have the annual MP then you're still good but with all the MP changes, other services are going to surpass it

Last edited:
I saw American Animals yesterday.

I was entertaining, especially in the style the shot the movie.

But wow, it was like four privileged white dudes watched the first half of Fight Club and took it dead serious. Them clowns destroyed their lives for an adventure

Back
Top Bottom