MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

and it's not really "see any movies at any theater anytime" anymore, it's more like: "see any movie you haven't seen yet, at any theater at anytime as long as you're willing to pay extra" :lol:

Yall really only use movie pass during peak times? If I'm not going with friends I hate being in a packed theater.. I catch matinee, late shows or wait until the middle of the second week mostly..

If you only use movie pass 1 or 2 times a month and go with friends socially then movie pass is probably not really the wave. But I'm using it to see movies that I wouldnt spend money to see in theaters.

My local AMCs are kind of trash. MP allows me to go to better theatres.

What makes these other movie theaters so much better than AMC? I would for sure rather watch a movie in a premium format than standard format also.

Personally, I don’t have the time to watch more than 3 movies a week. Some may have the time but are not interested in doing so. I’m sure there are people out there that can but that’s def a minority.

I was out of work for two months and I don’t think I saw more than 3 movies a week (Even though I went very frequently and I had the money to do so)

it obviously only make sense if there is an AMC near you, i mean whats the point if you have no access to one?

most people go to the one or two theaters so if you have an AMC you frequent to then that is the better option for you

I only have one AMC near me, and everything about it is a pain in the ***. It's a 25 minute drive to a mall complex with a parking garage, so you have to pay for parking and the garage is always a complete sht show. The kiosks are always "out of order," so you have to wait for the one person working the box office. The people that go there are the types that stay on their phones or have full volume conversations during the movies. Add all that up, and it means the only time I go there is for big time IMAX releases, or random indie movies that aren't at any other theaters.

I only have one AMC near me, and everything about it is a pain in the ***. It's a 25 minute drive to a mall complex with a parking garage, so you have to pay for parking and the garage is always a complete sht show. The kiosks are always "out of order," so you have to wait for the one person working the box office. The people that go there are the types that stay on their phones or have full volume conversations during the movies. Add all that up, and it means the only time I go there is for big time IMAX releases, or random indie movies that aren't at any other theaters.
Sounds like my AMC. I almost got in a fight watching the Purge because this chick and her dude were talking throughout the movie. I told them to shut up lol.

Sounds like my AMC. I almost got in a fight watching the Purge because this chick and her dude were talking throughout the movie. I told them to shut up lol.

Haha yep! I don't play around with people talking during movies. They'll get a look, then a look with some sort of gesture, then if they keep on after that, they're getting embarrassed. :lol:

MoviePass still works in AMC theaters, right? Am I bugging?:lol:

I really don’t see how one plan being locked into one theater could be a better deal than all theaters including AMC with MoviePass.

To each his own of course, but having access to all theaters including AMC sounds better than just an AMC deal for me. I have a non AMC theater down the block from me. Matinees ever Saturday morning.:lol:

MoviePass still works in AMC theaters, right? Am I bugging?:lol:

I really don’t see how one plan being locked into one theater could be a better deal than all theaters including AMC with MoviePass.

To each his own of course, but having access to all theaters including AMC sounds better than just an AMC deal for me. I have a non AMC theater down the block from me. Matinees ever Saturday morning.:lol:

Yeah amc tried to stop it but they failed

Yall really only use movie pass during peak times? If I'm not going with friends I hate being in a packed theater.. I catch matinee, late shows or wait until the middle of the second week mostly..

If you only use movie pass 1 or 2 times a month and go with friends socially then movie pass is probably not really the wave. But I'm using it to see movies that I wouldnt spend money to see in theaters.

Peak was everything after 12pm on a Sunday.

So enjoy your 10am movies, since that's the only time you'll be able to see a new movie on the weekend.

I can make that work.

It's gonna be funny if they do away with peak by the time I re-up for my second year :lol:

No surge pricing today. Seems to be a weekend thing. I can live with it. It wont affect me.

My wife really wanted to see Skyscraper yesterday, suckered in to buying 2 Peak Pricing worth $4.20 each. SMH.

I am willing to wait a bit longer to see how the peak works and whether I should now be going M-W instead of the weekends.

I noticed yesterday, until 12-1PM there was no peak pricing for rest of the night, after 1, every Transylvania, Skyscraper, Purge and Antman (in every theater near me I may add) was peak pricing.

I will wait until 1 to see if the peak appears for rest of night, I still need to see the Purge.

Joint let's you watch IMAX now? Reserved a flick with no premium label and it let me reserve, get to the theater and its IMAX.

Still no peak. I could see it doing peak for blockbusters for the weekends. If so, they should've just said that outright.

They're playing around

They made it sound better, when it looks like it might be none of the top money makers over the weekend after 12pm :smh:

Second day in a row for no peak pricing. Interested on seeing how Thursday will go with the sneaks, as I am trying to see Equalizer 2.

Back
Top Bottom