MTV's The Challenge

fresh meat
the gauntlet 3
fresh meat 2
rivals

some of the better older seasons imo

dont know if this is a hot take, but imo war of the worlds 2 was possibly the most entertaining season ever

I really liked War of the Worlds 2 too. Unfortunately it's not streaming on All Access yet. That was the one where Pauly pumped himself up the entire season and then singlehandedly cost his team the final :lol:

How did CT walk with it, they checked his feet, and he still had it and got away with it? Seemed kinda setupish.
The trick was to step on it when they come to check your feet not just kick it and drag it in front of you.

He stepped on it with his left foot it seems and Leroy only checked by his right.

There’s only two ladies with red skulls? At some point, some of these guys are going to make a move to upgrade their partners. Kacey, Lolo, and Theresa probably get the last three skulls if these dudes aren’t complete idiots.

Got into a conversation last night about a particular challenge from way back in the day where they had to melt blocks of ice using any means necessary. I couldn't remember the season (it's Battle of the Sexes 2) or the details other than a lot of butts being rubbed up on ice. Found it online. I completely forgot about Tonya literally putting rocks in her mouth and motor-boating the ice block in order to carve it up.

There’s only two ladies with red skulls? At some point, some of these guys are going to make a move to upgrade their partners. Kacey, Lolo, and Theresa probably get the last three skulls if these dudes aren’t complete idiots.
They’re idiots

Going through BOTS 2, the Fear Factor influence was pretty blatant. There's one eating challenge where the loser is the first one to puke. They're eating raw onions, garlic, etc.

There's another challenge where one person from each team is laying down in a container. They're covered in honey, and have live worms and giant cockroaches all over them. The rest of the team has to "bob" for them (sort of like bobbing for apples, but they are standing up), carry them in their mouths, run, like, 20 yards to a bucket, chew them up and spit through a straw. You have to fill the bucket with the roaches and worms. That's some twisted ****, man.

Got into a conversation last night about a particular challenge from way back in the day where they had to melt blocks of ice using any means necessary. I couldn't remember the season (it's Battle of the Sexes 2) or the details other than a lot of butts being rubbed up on ice. Found it online. I completely forgot about Tonya literally putting rocks in her mouth and motor-boating the ice block in order to carve it up.
I remember them rerunning that on pluto tv :lol:

i miss tonya she was straight comedy

she went out with a bang smacked tf outta veronica lol

Actual quote (about Tonya) from Battle of the Sexes 2: "I can't tell if Tonya is here to win or just get drunk". Pretty much sums up her Challenge career.

Regarding RW and Challenge reruns on MTV, there doesn't seem to be a good explanation. It can't be that Viacom wants people to subscribe to CBS All Access, because Ridiculousness is on there as well. It must be that Ridiculousness can be consumed in easily digestable half-hour chunks with no story arc or characters to follow.

They need to run back old episodes of these instead of 19 hour marathons of Ridiculousness

That and have a place where you can stream every season (uncensored too). Would bring in more people if they can watch from the beginning.

Need to have all the old Real World and Road Rules streaming as well.

Actual quote (about Tonya) from Battle of the Sexes 2: "I can't tell if Tonya is here to win or just get drunk". Pretty much sums up her Challenge career.

Regarding RW and Challenge reruns on MTV, there doesn't seem to be a good explanation. It can't be that Viacom wants people to subscribe to CBS All Access, because Ridiculousness is on there as well. It must be that Ridiculousness can be consumed in easily digestable half-hour chunks with no story arc or characters to follow.
ridiculousness is the equivalent of mindlessly scrolling Youtube or IG. 30 min mindless background viewing chunks that you can cram with commercials. That's the real reason for its success and appeal as filler programming. It's easy viral content.

i miss tonya she was straight comedy

she went out with a bang smacked tf outta veronica lol

Wasn't Tonya's last season the one where Evan and Kenny sexually assaulted her? Kenny really the epitome of a squandered opprtunity at a reality TV career. Dude is a clown.

Banana's basically took his bit and ran with it to D-list TV stardom, meanwhile Kenny's doing commercials for a local Long Island discount suit brand and personal training at a [I think he actually recently opened his own gym.]

That and have a place where you can stream every season (uncensored too). Would bring in more people if they can watch from the beginning.

Need to have all the old Real World and Road Rules streaming as well.
CBS All Access/Paramount + has all the challenges.

There's also a 24/7 challenge streaming channel on Pluto TV

Last edited:
Just checked and it's only Seasons 11 (Gauntlet) - 33 (War of The Worlds 1)
Damn, I never went through all of them but assumed it was just every season. Can't think why they wouldn't have it.

EDIT

I looked up the first few seasons to see and from 1998-2002/3 it was a different formatted show, so maybe they just thought it wasn't worth having up? It seemed like it was one of those mtv summer shows like rock n jock.

Maybe check if it's in there under Road Rules?

Netflix has Seasons 10 and 13, CBS/Paramount+ has Season 11 - current (minus season 14 for some reason). Daily Motion has the older seasons uploaded. The quality isn't the greatest, but definitely watchable.

EBB3A63B-E9F6-4A7D-833B-8A969324EC1D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom