Much Props to Michael Irvin for standing up for marriage equality

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Irvin now believes the African-American community should support marriage equality.

As a former history teacher you have to be pretty ignorant as an african-american to be against same sex marriage and not realize that the same types of discriminatory laws were in place less than a half century ago towards us

With that being said I can see why your a FORMER history teacher.  You might want to brush up on your history a little bit more champ if you believe the two even come close to being the same.
No one ever said they were equal.  Discrimination is bad no matter what the degree is.  Discrimination is discrimination and shouldn't be tolerated because people feel the need to make exceptions.

They are similar in the way that people are being denied rights that other people have because of what they are.  It doesn't matter if you are denied certain things because of your race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Gay marriage has way more in common with polygamy than civil rights/African Americans.

For those of you for gay marriage, do you think we should also legalize polygamy?

If all parties involved are on board, I don't see an issue.

I've posted this image before and I'm posting it again. Its for anyone who uses the Bible in conversation about gay marriage.

LGykz.jpg

My fault, are we talking about the same Church that has it's leaders pimp their followers? Literally and figuratively?

Or the church in which the leaders fondle little boys. Black or white.

That church has something to say about homosexuality?

Gay marriage has way more in common with polygamy than civil rights/African Americans.

For those of you for gay marriage, do you think we should also legalize polygamy?

If all parties involved are on board, I don't see an issue.

I've posted this image before and I'm posting it again. Its for anyone who uses the Bible in conversation about gay marriage.

LGykz.jpg

My fault, are we talking about the same Church that has it's leaders pimp their followers? Literally and figuratively?

Or the church in which the leaders fondle little boys. Black or white.

That church has something to say about homosexuality?

Props to Irvin for doing this. All you have to do is read some of these moronic comments in this thread to see how standing up for such a thing while being an African American athlete takes some gumption.

Props to Irvin for doing this. All you have to do is read some of these moronic comments in this thread to see how standing up for such a thing while being an African American athlete takes some gumption.

we JUST had a 30 page thread about this, lol... you should dig it back up.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Eh, the Church is funny when it comes to this. Is this the same Church that folks wear halter tops and form fitting dresses to Sunday Morning service but then turn around and scream homosexuality is WRONG. But then they say all sins are equal? That church?

laugh.gif
Bad example of homosexuality in the church. Men used to rock skirts and dresses in Ancient times it's just tradition, something that would be considered cross dressing by today's standard. My grandpas and old uncles in Nigeria rock a "wrapper" around the house which is basically a glorified skirt. In many cultures men don't always wear "trousers".

A better example of homosexuality in the Church is the relationship Jesus had with his apostles. That just had gay written all over it. And of course all the gay priests, who take out their unwanted desires on innocent little boys.

swag:

13-catholic-priest_%257ELPS2117.jpg

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Eh, the Church is funny when it comes to this. Is this the same Church that folks wear halter tops and form fitting dresses to Sunday Morning service but then turn around and scream homosexuality is WRONG. But then they say all sins are equal? That church?

laugh.gif
Bad example of homosexuality in the church. Men used to rock skirts and dresses in Ancient times it's just tradition, something that would be considered cross dressing by today's standard. My grandpas and old uncles in Nigeria rock a "wrapper" around the house which is basically a glorified skirt. In many cultures men don't always wear "trousers".

A better example of homosexuality in the Church is the relationship Jesus had with his apostles. That just had gay written all over it. And of course all the gay priests, who take out their unwanted desires on innocent little boys.

swag:

13-catholic-priest_%257ELPS2117.jpg

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

well my friend I'd hate to be that dude to sit you down and teach you something today but YES.. the similarities are ever so striking.. being from VA/DC/MD area as your sig says you'd think that the whole slavery/inequality issue would ring a bell considering for a long time in this country's history VA was the slavery capital of the "south"...

on the marriage topic google these words...
[h1]Anti-miscegenation laws...[/h1] or i could do so for you because it seems you like to talk before you read....

anti-miscegenation laws[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], also known as [/color]miscegenation laws[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], were laws that enforced [/color]racial segregation[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] at the level of marriage and intimate relationships by [/color]criminalizing[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]interracial marriage[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] and sometimes also sex between members of two different "[/color]races[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"[/color]

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...ile:US_miscegenation.svg

heyyyy theres ^ even a link to a map for you .. and if you look real close and you understand how to read a map's legend you can see that your beloved VA (in the red) was one of these states with marraige laws inciting discrimination up until close to 1967...

As a matter of fact Virginia even had a supreme court case on the ruling ( I'm going to give you homework now)

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]
Therefore, SENOR smarta** there is quite the connection to discrimination based on race in comparison to discrimination based on sexual orientation..

Yay..... I'm not a teacher anymore but one more misguided youth mad at his daddy learned a valuable lesson today..... by the way your term paper is due manana ..

class is dismissed

on the marriage topic google these words... 

Bigamy

Incest

[font=verdana, sans-serif,]Marriage of Convenience[/font]

[font=verdana, sans-serif,]
[/font]

[font=verdana, sans-serif,]Open Marriage/Open Relationship[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

heyyyy theres ^ even a link to a map for you .. and if you look real close and you understand how to read a map's legend you can see that your beloved USA (in the red) is one of these countries with marraige laws inciting discrimination up until 2011... 
happy.gif

[/font]

So therefore there must be quite the connection between gay marriage and Incest and Polygamy

So when defending gay marriage is no longer the flavor of the month do we start defending incest? Why not? 2 consenting adults... their lives dont bother yours and so what their kids might end up messed up atleast they..........
Alabama St. education right here. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Alabama indeed...
it's funny to me how people try and equate marriage with some type of high moral standard... Why do you care what other people do anyways ? I don't even see marriage as a necessity personally but that doesn't mean that we should legally forbid those that would like to do so because some people are so ingrained with religion that their "inner Jesus" wouldn't approve..Did Jesus say marriage is between a man and woman only? really ? he made that direct quote?  it's funny how you christians are so glued to Christ but refuse to even realize what he suppossedly stood for and stood by...ACCEPTANCE..... What's also funny to me growing up in the south as a bi racial kid was how so many black folks cling to their judgmental religion and homophobia but cry about being discriminated against by every white person on earth.. Wake up... It wasn't right that black folks  got the short end of the stick for a lonnnnnnnng time in this country(no pun intended). yes it isn't right that gay folks are now getting the short end of the stick now (or long end lol).. and no incest isn't the same as same sex marriage because incest can cause genetic defects in  human beings..... same sex marriage is destructive? Let's get out of our grand daddy's way of thinking and leave the mental plantation.. don't equate apples to oranges then go drink lemonade and claim they all taste the same.. doesn't work here...polygamy dude? be serious.. well How about marrying animals? SMH.. grow up..It's funny to me how you try to make a positive thread and one or two dudes uncomfortable in their own skin have to prove why progress is so difficult and education is so undervalued....jersey shore, quarter pounders and church on sunday
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

well my friend I'd hate to be that dude to sit you down and teach you something today but YES.. the similarities are ever so striking.. being from VA/DC/MD area as your sig says you'd think that the whole slavery/inequality issue would ring a bell considering for a long time in this country's history VA was the slavery capital of the "south"...

[h1]Anti-miscegenation laws...[/h1] or i could do so for you because it seems you like to talk before you read....

anti-miscegenation laws[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], also known as [/color]miscegenation laws[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], were laws that enforced [/color]racial segregation[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] at the level of marriage and intimate relationships by [/color]criminalizing[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]interracial marriage[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] and sometimes also sex between members of two different "[/color]races[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"[/color]

heyyyy theres ^ even a link to a map for you .. and if you look real close and you understand how to read a map's legend you can see that your beloved VA (in the red) was one of these states with marraige laws inciting discrimination up until close to 1967...

As a matter of fact Virginia even had a supreme court case on the ruling ( I'm going to give you homework now)

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]
Therefore, SENOR smarta** there is quite the connection to discrimination based on race in comparison to discrimination based on sexual orientation..

Yay..... I'm not a teacher anymore but one more misguided youth mad at his daddy learned a valuable lesson today..... by the way your term paper is due manana ..

class is dismissed

Bigamy

Incest

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

heyyyy theres ^ even a link to a map for you .. and if you look real close and you understand how to read a map's legend you can see that your beloved USA (in the red) is one of these countries with marraige laws inciting discrimination up until 2011... 
happy.gif

[/font]

So therefore there must be quite the connection between gay marriage and Incest and Polygamy

So when defending gay marriage is no longer the flavor of the month do we start defending incest? Why not? 2 consenting adults... their lives dont bother yours and so what their kids might end up messed up atleast they..........
Alabama St. education right here. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Alabama indeed...
it's funny to me how people try and equate marriage with some type of high moral standard... Why do you care what other people do anyways ? I don't even see marriage as a necessity personally but that doesn't mean that we should legally forbid those that would like to do so because some people are so ingrained with religion that their "inner Jesus" wouldn't approve..Did Jesus say marriage is between a man and woman only? really ? he made that direct quote?  it's funny how you christians are so glued to Christ but refuse to even realize what he suppossedly stood for and stood by...ACCEPTANCE..... What's also funny to me growing up in the south as a bi racial kid was how so many black folks cling to their judgmental religion and homophobia but cry about being discriminated against by every white person on earth.. Wake up... It wasn't right that black folks  got the short end of the stick for a lonnnnnnnng time in this country(no pun intended). yes it isn't right that gay folks are now getting the short end of the stick now (or long end lol).. and no incest isn't the same as same sex marriage because incest can cause genetic defects in  human beings..... same sex marriage is destructive? Let's get out of our grand daddy's way of thinking and leave the mental plantation.. don't equate apples to oranges then go drink lemonade and claim they all taste the same.. doesn't work here...polygamy dude? be serious.. well How about marrying animals? SMH.. grow up..It's funny to me how you try to make a positive thread and one or two dudes uncomfortable in their own skin have to prove why progress is so difficult and education is so undervalued....jersey shore, quarter pounders and church on sunday
roll.gif

5922543e67b91a0e43e26814f2554b0991b3088.jpg

With that being said I can see why your a FORMER history teacher.  You might want to brush up on your history a little bit more champ if you believe the two even come close to being the same.

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]

class is dismissed

Bigamy

Incest

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

happy.gif

[/font]

WOW

Going off what you just posted and your reasoning that google dictates connection with gay marriage and incest because of their search engine it just goes to show how ignorant Americans are and what you say just reinforces it tenth fold.

As of now marriage as we know it now is defined as the union of a man and woman in a religious ceremony. 
As of now where? Are you not aware of the changes going on in the world? What is the authority you're referring to when you're claiming this definition of marriage is the accepted one? Dictionary definitions from Webster? Thesaurus.com?

5922543e67b91a0e43e26814f2554b0991b3088.jpg

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]

class is dismissed

Bigamy

Incest

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

happy.gif

[/font]

WOW

Going off what you just posted and your reasoning that google dictates connection with gay marriage and incest because of their search engine it just goes to show how ignorant Americans are and what you say just reinforces it tenth fold.

As of now marriage as we know it now is defined as the union of a man and woman in a religious ceremony. 
As of now where? Are you not aware of the changes going on in the world? What is the authority you're referring to when you're claiming this definition of marriage is the accepted one? Dictionary definitions from Webster? Thesaurus.com?

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

I'll go ahead and say, if we legalize it for gays, we might as well legalize polygamy too.  Basically allow any consenting adults to get married. 

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

I'll go ahead and say, if we legalize it for gays, we might as well legalize polygamy too.  Basically allow any consenting adults to get married. 

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]

class is dismissed

Bigamy

Incest

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

happy.gif

[/font]

WOW

Are you talking to me or the $*%@#%%%$%+% I was mocking?
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]

class is dismissed

Bigamy

Incest

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

happy.gif

[/font]

WOW

Are you talking to me or the $*%@#%%%$%+% I was mocking?
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom