Much Props to Michael Irvin for standing up for marriage equality

Hear me out for a second. It is cool Mike did what he did for his brother, but WHY on God's green earth did he agree to take that super sweet looking picture? I swear famous people must have a contract to give up creative control over their own photoshoots. I don't understand the amount of questionable pictures that these dudes allow themselves to be put in. WHY WHY WHY. Those Kobe pics, Rose's pics, and now this. I don't get it man.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Hear me out for a second. It is cool Mike did what he did for his brother, but WHY on God's green earth did he agree to take that super sweet looking picture? I swear famous people must have a contract to give up creative control over their own photoshoots. I don't understand the amount of questionable pictures that these dudes allow themselves to be put in. WHY WHY WHY. Those Kobe pics, Rose's pics, and now this. I don't get it man.
If it helps Out Magazine is a pretty big Gay magazine.[h3]Out Magazine | The World's Leading Gay Fashion & Lifestyle Brand[/h3]

If it helps Out Magazine is a pretty big Gay magazine.[h3]Out Magazine | The World's Leading Gay Fashion & Lifestyle Brand[/h3]

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Irvin now believes the African-American community should support marriage equality.

5922543e67b91a0e43e26814f2554b0991b3088.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

one of the greatest gif executions I have seen in a long time

I think the point of the cover was to take a super "sweet" looking picture. It's a gay magazine.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For the other athletes they have nice bodies and they're showing it off. It's no different from sexy female celebs showing skin.

Someone caption the pastor pic as "End well, this will not". He has that, I shouldn't be doing this look on his face.

I think the point of the cover was to take a super "sweet" looking picture. It's a gay magazine.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For the other athletes they have nice bodies and they're showing it off. It's no different from sexy female celebs showing skin.

Someone caption the pastor pic as "End well, this will not". He has that, I shouldn't be doing this look on his face.

Man dudes take pictures like that when they aren't on the cover of Gay magazines.

I really really believe there is some sort of secret contract "famous" people sign to hand over their picture posing rights. I don't care if I am on the cover of a gay magazine or not, I am not posing in some shoulder pads and some damn speedos. The hell is wrong with that man.

But knowing yall, yall will just call me insecure and call him secure with his sexuality. Typical response. Let me have it. (No 88)

Man dudes take pictures like that when they aren't on the cover of Gay magazines.

I really really believe there is some sort of secret contract "famous" people sign to hand over their picture posing rights. I don't care if I am on the cover of a gay magazine or not, I am not posing in some shoulder pads and some damn speedos. The hell is wrong with that man.

But knowing yall, yall will just call me insecure and call him secure with his sexuality. Typical response. Let me have it. (No 88)

Well many do not share your sentiments? Fundamentally, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Women do it all the time to show their bodies. LOL @ you assuming most of them don't do it by their own accord, they know exactly what they're doing. The Kobe ones tho, i just think he thought he was doing it
laugh.gif
. Sex is marketable, not just for women but for men.

Well many do not share your sentiments? Fundamentally, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Women do it all the time to show their bodies. LOL @ you assuming most of them don't do it by their own accord, they know exactly what they're doing. The Kobe ones tho, i just think he thought he was doing it
laugh.gif
. Sex is marketable, not just for women but for men.

I don't understand what the gif is for, so African Americans shouldn't support other struggles for equality?
laugh.gif

In the grand scheme of things of course African-Americans support equality and the struggles of other groups, not just for what WE endured and still endure to this day but just in general.  As of now marriage as we know it now is defined as the union of a man and woman in a religious ceremony.  With that being said a homosexual couple doesn't really fit into the equation for different reasons.  As far as equality goes, homosexual couples just can't do the same things that a heterosexual couple can do, that's just the way it is so that should tell you something. 

He clearly missed the point about history and the hypocrisy of African American's views on homosexuality

Actually it was our former history teacher that tried to combine the two as one in the same when they cleary or not, there's no hypocrisy about that.

This dude is so vehemently against equal rights for all. I can only think of this man

That dude Bishop Eddie Long is guilty as sin, and not just because he's a pastor either. 

I don't understand what the gif is for, so African Americans shouldn't support other struggles for equality?
laugh.gif

In the grand scheme of things of course African-Americans support equality and the struggles of other groups, not just for what WE endured and still endure to this day but just in general.  As of now marriage as we know it now is defined as the union of a man and woman in a religious ceremony.  With that being said a homosexual couple doesn't really fit into the equation for different reasons.  As far as equality goes, homosexual couples just can't do the same things that a heterosexual couple can do, that's just the way it is so that should tell you something. 

He clearly missed the point about history and the hypocrisy of African American's views on homosexuality

Actually it was our former history teacher that tried to combine the two as one in the same when they cleary or not, there's no hypocrisy about that.

This dude is so vehemently against equal rights for all. I can only think of this man

That dude Bishop Eddie Long is guilty as sin, and not just because he's a pastor either. 

Are saying gay people have power over "famous" people. I thought gay people didnt have any rights or is that what the media wants us to believe BUT WAIT..
If they have power over "famous" people they could easily have power over the media and manipulate what is acceptable in society right?

happy_face_scratching_chin_question_hg_wht.gif

Are saying gay people have power over "famous" people. I thought gay people didnt have any rights or is that what the media wants us to believe BUT WAIT..
If they have power over "famous" people they could easily have power over the media and manipulate what is acceptable in society right?

happy_face_scratching_chin_question_hg_wht.gif

I don't get why people are making this out to be a big deal. A celebrity poses in that manner every month on the cover Men's Health or w/e...

I don't get why people are making this out to be a big deal. A celebrity poses in that manner every month on the cover Men's Health or w/e...

laugh.gif

Go on what can't they do and why does it give them less of a right to marriage than others. Wait lemme guess have children...?
laugh.gif

We're not all religious, we don't all subscribe to that definition of marriage.

Many similar excuses have been used, including on African Americans as justification for inequality. African Americans should be more sensitive to this sort of history and mentality repeating itself. That's the point of these parallels being drawn, no one is making a comparison of the severity of the struggles...but the ignorance is exactly the same.

Waits for I can't change my skin color argument.

laugh.gif

Go on what can't they do and why does it give them less of a right to marriage than others. Wait lemme guess have children...?
laugh.gif

We're not all religious, we don't all subscribe to that definition of marriage.

Many similar excuses have been used, including on African Americans as justification for inequality. African Americans should be more sensitive to this sort of history and mentality repeating itself. That's the point of these parallels being drawn, no one is making a comparison of the severity of the struggles...but the ignorance is exactly the same.

Waits for I can't change my skin color argument.

Back
Top Bottom