Much Props to Michael Irvin for standing up for marriage equality

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Irvin now believes the African-American community should support marriage equality.

5922543e67b91a0e43e26814f2554b0991b3088.jpg

As a former history teacher you have to be pretty ignorant as an african-american to be against same sex marriage and not realize that the same types of discriminatory laws were in place less than a half century ago towards us

With that being said I can see why your a FORMER history teacher.  You might want to brush up on your history a little bit more champ if you believe the two even come close to being the same.
well my friend I'd hate to be that dude to sit you down and teach you something today but YES.. the similarities are ever so striking.. being from VA/DC/MD area as your sig says you'd think that the whole slavery/inequality issue would ring a bell considering for a long time in this country's history VA was the slavery capital of the "south"...

on the marriage topic google these words...
[h1]Anti-miscegenation laws...[/h1] or i could do so for you because it seems you like to talk before you read....

anti-miscegenation laws[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], also known as [/color]miscegenation laws[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], were laws that enforced [/color]racial segregation[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] at the level of marriage and intimate relationships by [/color]criminalizing[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]interracial marriage[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] and sometimes also sex between members of two different "[/color]races[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"[/color]

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...ile:US_miscegenation.svg

heyyyy theres ^ even a link to a map for you .. and if you look real close and you understand how to read a map's legend you can see that your beloved VA (in the red) was one of these states with marraige laws inciting discrimination up until close to 1967...

As a matter of fact Virginia even had a supreme court case on the ruling ( I'm going to give you homework now)

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]
Therefore, SENOR smarta** there is quite the connection to discrimination based on race in comparison to discrimination based on sexual orientation..

Yay..... I'm not a teacher anymore but one more misguided youth mad at his daddy learned a valuable lesson today..... by the way your term paper is due manana ..

class is dismissed

Irvin now believes the African-American community should support marriage equality.

As a former history teacher you have to be pretty ignorant as an african-american to be against same sex marriage and not realize that the same types of discriminatory laws were in place less than a half century ago towards us

With that being said I can see why your a FORMER history teacher.  You might want to brush up on your history a little bit more champ if you believe the two even come close to being the same.
well my friend I'd hate to be that dude to sit you down and teach you something today but YES.. the similarities are ever so striking.. being from VA/DC/MD area as your sig says you'd think that the whole slavery/inequality issue would ring a bell considering for a long time in this country's history VA was the slavery capital of the "south"...

[h1]Anti-miscegenation laws...[/h1] or i could do so for you because it seems you like to talk before you read....

anti-miscegenation laws[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], also known as [/color]miscegenation laws[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], were laws that enforced [/color]racial segregation[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] at the level of marriage and intimate relationships by [/color]criminalizing[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]interracial marriage[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] and sometimes also sex between members of two different "[/color]races[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"[/color]

heyyyy theres ^ even a link to a map for you .. and if you look real close and you understand how to read a map's legend you can see that your beloved VA (in the red) was one of these states with marraige laws inciting discrimination up until close to 1967...

As a matter of fact Virginia even had a supreme court case on the ruling ( I'm going to give you homework now)

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]
Therefore, SENOR smarta** there is quite the connection to discrimination based on race in comparison to discrimination based on sexual orientation..

Yay..... I'm not a teacher anymore but one more misguided youth mad at his daddy learned a valuable lesson today..... by the way your term paper is due manana ..

class is dismissed

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Man dudes take pictures like that when they aren't on the cover of Gay magazines.

I really really believe there is some sort of secret contract "famous" people sign to hand over their picture posing rights. I don't care if I am on the cover of a gay magazine or not, I am not posing in some shoulder pads and some damn speedos. The hell is wrong with that man.

But knowing yall, yall will just call me insecure and call him secure with his sexuality. Typical response. Let me have it. (No 88)

Are saying gay people have power over "famous" people. I thought gay people didnt have any rights or is that what the media wants us to believe BUT WAIT..
If they have power over "famous" people they could easily have power over the media and manipulate what is acceptable in society right?
Don't forget the Jews.....Jews and Homosexuals are the reason why Tyrese made this "sweet" album cover.

Tyrese_-_I_Wanna_Go_There_album_cover.jpg

Ironically, many people who blame homosexuals also blame other groups such as Jews for the exposure African Americans, liberal sentiments and racial harmony gets in the media. Hyperliberal Judaism gets blamed by ignorant racist for anti-whiteness in the media. Don't let the liberal media tell you how to act and feel.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Man dudes take pictures like that when they aren't on the cover of Gay magazines.

I really really believe there is some sort of secret contract "famous" people sign to hand over their picture posing rights. I don't care if I am on the cover of a gay magazine or not, I am not posing in some shoulder pads and some damn speedos. The hell is wrong with that man.

But knowing yall, yall will just call me insecure and call him secure with his sexuality. Typical response. Let me have it. (No 88)

Are saying gay people have power over "famous" people. I thought gay people didnt have any rights or is that what the media wants us to believe BUT WAIT..
If they have power over "famous" people they could easily have power over the media and manipulate what is acceptable in society right?
Don't forget the Jews.....Jews and Homosexuals are the reason why Tyrese made this "sweet" album cover.

Tyrese_-_I_Wanna_Go_There_album_cover.jpg

Ironically, many people who blame homosexuals also blame other groups such as Jews for the exposure African Americans, liberal sentiments and racial harmony gets in the media. Hyperliberal Judaism gets blamed by ignorant racist for anti-whiteness in the media. Don't let the liberal media tell you how to act and feel.

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]

class is dismissed

on the marriage topic google these words... 

Bigamy

Incest

[font=verdana, sans-serif,]Marriage of Convenience[/font]

[font=verdana, sans-serif,]
[/font]

[font=verdana, sans-serif,]Open Marriage/Open Relationship[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

heyyyy theres ^ even a link to a map for you .. and if you look real close and you understand how to read a map's legend you can see that your beloved USA (in the red) is one of these countries with marraige laws inciting discrimination up until 2011... 
happy.gif

[/font]

So therefore there must be quite the connection between gay marriage and Incest and Polygamy

So when defending gay marriage is no longer the flavor of the month do we start defending incest? Why not? 2 consenting adults... their lives dont bother yours and so what their kids might end up messed up atleast they..........

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]

class is dismissed

Bigamy

Incest

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

heyyyy theres ^ even a link to a map for you .. and if you look real close and you understand how to read a map's legend you can see that your beloved USA (in the red) is one of these countries with marraige laws inciting discrimination up until 2011... 
happy.gif

[/font]

So therefore there must be quite the connection between gay marriage and Incest and Polygamy

So when defending gay marriage is no longer the flavor of the month do we start defending incest? Why not? 2 consenting adults... their lives dont bother yours and so what their kids might end up messed up atleast they..........

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]

class is dismissed

Bigamy

Incest

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

happy.gif

[/font]

Alabama St. education right here. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Look up....
[h4]Loving v. Virginia
[/h4]

class is dismissed

Bigamy

Incest

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

800px-Incesto.PNG
[/font]

[/font]

happy.gif

[/font]

Alabama St. education right here. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I don't understand what the gif is for, so African Americans shouldn't support other struggles for equality?
laugh.gif

In the grand scheme of things of course African-Americans support equality and the struggles of other groups, not just for what WE endured and still endure to this day but just in general.  As of now marriage as we know it now is defined as the union of a man and woman in a religious ceremony.  With that being said a homosexual couple doesn't really fit into the equation for different reasons.  As far as equality goes, homosexual couples just can't do the same things that a heterosexual couple can do, that's just the way it is so that should tell you something. 

Go on what can't they do and why does it give them less of a right to marriage than others. Wait lemme guess have children...?
laugh.gif

We're not all religious, we don't all subscribe to that definition of marriage.

Many similar excuses have been used, including on African Americans as justification for inequality. African Americans should be more sensitive to this sort of history and mentality repeating itself.

I like how you tried to brush that point off as if it's not important or something
laugh.gif
, we're talking about the continuation of human life here.  As if it's the same as a gay couple having bad credit or not being able to purchase a house or new car.  Not saying that every married couple wants or desires to have chidren but at least heterosexual couples can do that if they wanted to, homosexuals can not, which is why I focused on the equality part of your statement.   

Whether you or others like it or not, marriage is of the church.  Not many if any churches want to change the viewpoint on marriage that they have.  

African Americans should be more sensitive to this sort of history and mentality repeating itself
That's a good point, truly it is.  I think all African Americans should be aware of any mistreatment of any individuals. 

I don't understand what the gif is for, so African Americans shouldn't support other struggles for equality?
laugh.gif

In the grand scheme of things of course African-Americans support equality and the struggles of other groups, not just for what WE endured and still endure to this day but just in general.  As of now marriage as we know it now is defined as the union of a man and woman in a religious ceremony.  With that being said a homosexual couple doesn't really fit into the equation for different reasons.  As far as equality goes, homosexual couples just can't do the same things that a heterosexual couple can do, that's just the way it is so that should tell you something. 

Go on what can't they do and why does it give them less of a right to marriage than others. Wait lemme guess have children...?
laugh.gif

Many similar excuses have been used, including on African Americans as justification for inequality. African Americans should be more sensitive to this sort of history and mentality repeating itself.

I like how you tried to brush that point off as if it's not important or something
laugh.gif
, we're talking about the continuation of human life here.  As if it's the same as a gay couple having bad credit or not being able to purchase a house or new car.  Not saying that every married couple wants or desires to have chidren but at least heterosexual couples can do that if they wanted to, homosexuals can not, which is why I focused on the equality part of your statement.   

Whether you or others like it or not, marriage is of the church.  Not many if any churches want to change the viewpoint on marriage that they have.  

African Americans should be more sensitive to this sort of history and mentality repeating itself
That's a good point, truly it is.  I think all African Americans should be aware of any mistreatment of any individuals. 

anti-miscegenation laws, also known as miscegenation laws, were laws that enforced racial segregation at the level of marriage and intimate relationships by criminalizing interracial marriage and sometimes also sex between members of two different "races"

For this example, the courts tried to say what race can and should be allowed to marry.  However, as we already know just by the definition alone marriage is of a man and a woman.  It doesn't say or specify that both parties have to be of the same race, so if a black man wants to marry a white woman he should be able to legally.  The system tried to force racial segregation but had no legal backing to do so.  Again that's totally different from the topic at hand as you would need to redefine the image of marriage as we now know it since it is of a man and a woman.  Nice try though champ, I give you an "A" for effort and and "E" for execution.  Might have to ask you to take summer classes my friend.

being from VA/DC/MD area as your sig says you'd think that the whole slavery/inequality issue would ring a bell considering for a long time in this country's history VA was the slavery capital of the "south"...

As far as this little statement you wrote goes the brothas around here took those challenges and mistreatment of the past and turned it around to make it work for us now.............."Ironic, the same place I'm making figures at, that's there's the same land they use to hang !*%!@$ at"  See champ that's how we do, it take a negative and turn it into a positive
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

anti-miscegenation laws, also known as miscegenation laws, were laws that enforced racial segregation at the level of marriage and intimate relationships by criminalizing interracial marriage and sometimes also sex between members of two different "races"

For this example, the courts tried to say what race can and should be allowed to marry.  However, as we already know just by the definition alone marriage is of a man and a woman.  It doesn't say or specify that both parties have to be of the same race, so if a black man wants to marry a white woman he should be able to legally.  The system tried to force racial segregation but had no legal backing to do so.  Again that's totally different from the topic at hand as you would need to redefine the image of marriage as we now know it since it is of a man and a woman.  Nice try though champ, I give you an "A" for effort and and "E" for execution.  Might have to ask you to take summer classes my friend.

being from VA/DC/MD area as your sig says you'd think that the whole slavery/inequality issue would ring a bell considering for a long time in this country's history VA was the slavery capital of the "south"...

As far as this little statement you wrote goes the brothas around here took those challenges and mistreatment of the past and turned it around to make it work for us now.............."Ironic, the same place I'm making figures at, that's there's the same land they use to hang !*%!@$ at"  See champ that's how we do, it take a negative and turn it into a positive
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Many homosexuals can and do have children using surrogates/donor=Continuity of life (yes believe it or not we don't live in the 1800s and this is possible)
Many homosexuals adopt children abandoned by heterosexuals-assists in the continuation of human life
Many heterosexuals give birth to homosexuals--by your way of thinking those parents are not deserving of marriage or equal treatment and neither are parents who choose to forgo having children.

Homosexuals have siblings who are heterosexual, thus part of their genes are continued into further generations. I would further expand on how one achieve genetic fitness without having their own children but its somewhat complicated (kin selection) but you wouldn't get it so I'll save my breath.

About the church, so why do we stop there with the religious laws if this is a "Christian nation"? There are many laws in the bible that aren't the law of the land for a reason, why stop there. Maybe we need to implement a Sharia-law type legal system in this country, why pick and choose?

No one is forcing the Church to acknowledge marriage, the fight is for same sex marriages to be recognized "legally". Some churches are accepting of it, but most gay people aren't looking for divine acceptance of their union. If a Church isn't accepting of gay marriages gays can simply search for a church that is or start their own church.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Many homosexuals can and do have children using surrogates/donor=Continuity of life (yes believe it or not we don't live in the 1800s and this is possible)
Many homosexuals adopt children abandoned by heterosexuals-assists in the continuation of human life
Many heterosexuals give birth to homosexuals--by your way of thinking those parents are not deserving of marriage or equal treatment and neither are parents who choose to forgo having children.

Homosexuals have siblings who are heterosexual, thus part of their genes are continued into further generations. I would further expand on how one achieve genetic fitness without having their own children but its somewhat complicated (kin selection) but you wouldn't get it so I'll save my breath.

About the church, so why do we stop there with the religious laws if this is a "Christian nation"? There are many laws in the bible that aren't the law of the land for a reason, why stop there. Maybe we need to implement a Sharia-law type legal system in this country, why pick and choose?

No one is forcing the Church to acknowledge marriage, the fight is for same sex marriages to be recognized "legally". Some churches are accepting of it, but most gay people aren't looking for divine acceptance of their union. If a Church isn't accepting of gay marriages gays can simply search for a church that is or start their own church.

Gay marriage has way more in common with polygamy than civil rights/African Americans.

For those of you for gay marriage, do you think we should also legalize polygamy?

Eh, the Church is funny when it comes to this. Is this the same Church that folks wear halter tops and form fitting dresses to Sunday Morning service but then turn around and scream homosexuality is WRONG. But then they say all sins are equal? That church?

Gay marriage has way more in common with polygamy than civil rights/African Americans.

For those of you for gay marriage, do you think we should also legalize polygamy?

Eh, the Church is funny when it comes to this. Is this the same Church that folks wear halter tops and form fitting dresses to Sunday Morning service but then turn around and scream homosexuality is WRONG. But then they say all sins are equal? That church?

No one ever said they were equal.  Discrimination is bad no matter what the degree is.  Discrimination is discrimination and shouldn't be tolerated because people feel the need to make exceptions.

They are similar in the way that people are being denied rights that other people have because of what they are.  It doesn't matter if you are denied certain things because of your race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Back
Top Bottom