My journey through the entertainment industry..............

The only color that matters in Hollywood is green, and you should know that by now. There are avenues for everyone with good ideas and a convincing enough demeanor to connect with people who can give you opportunities. If you don't have your grand ideas heard that's probably on you. And there are plenty of people who do it on their own and find backing later. Independent film is as strong as it has ever been. Like I said, lots of avenues.

The only color that matters in Hollywood is green, and you should know that by now. There are avenues for everyone with good ideas and a convincing enough demeanor to connect with people who can give you opportunities. If you don't have your grand ideas heard that's probably on you. And there are plenty of people who do it on their own and find backing later. Independent film is as strong as it has ever been. Like I said, lots of avenues.

Nah because like I stated on page 1 I was speaking from the experience I had earlier today with a black dude and I've seen it and experienced it myself. I'm arguing with people that don't even know what's its like................ conversation officially over.

Nah because like I stated on page 1 I was speaking from the experience I had earlier today with a black dude and I've seen it and experienced it myself. I'm arguing with people that don't even know what's its like................ conversation officially over.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Sadly this is how observations by black men go. It's gonna always appear as a non issue to someone on the outside looking in. Just hang in there and follow your heart. No one else's.

Sadly this is how observations by black men go. It's gonna always appear as a non issue to someone on the outside looking in. Just hang in there and follow your heart. No one else's.

Good to know you've made it official, wise one.
laugh.gif

It's your experience. I get that. Everyone has their own experience, regardless of whatever background they come from. But if you're not soaking anything in from any of the responses in this thread it makes one wonder how you conduct yourself day to day on the job. I wish you well, for real, but don't let petty "higher-ups" get in the way of your own ambition. If someone brushes you off just let it slide. They weren't worth your time in the first place. How long have you been in LA? It takes time and perseverance.

Good to know you've made it official, wise one.
laugh.gif

It's your experience. I get that. Everyone has their own experience, regardless of whatever background they come from. But if you're not soaking anything in from any of the responses in this thread it makes one wonder how you conduct yourself day to day on the job. I wish you well, for real, but don't let petty "higher-ups" get in the way of your own ambition. If someone brushes you off just let it slide. They weren't worth your time in the first place. How long have you been in LA? It takes time and perseverance.

I'm from L.A. sir. I think the whole context of what I said has been taken out of wack. I simply stated that the industry is ran by homosexuals on the ground level (and top in some instances) and its extremely hard for a straight strong black man to get ahead. Think about all the black men that are behind the camera they are small non threatening dudes spike lee, john singleton, the hughes brothers, and on and on all the rest are pretty much gay. As I stated a young tall deep voiced "real" affluent dude came in today laid down a great concept was personable and everything and the gay execs weren't "feeling him". I was that same dude not long ago to a T and by the grace of God two female V.P.s always looked out for me because my #$+% is right. The industry is hard for anyone to get in no question but at the end of the day strip the titles away and just look at the people and 9 times out of 10 its gay snobs that feel they can't be comfortable and gay around real men.

I'm from L.A. sir. I think the whole context of what I said has been taken out of wack. I simply stated that the industry is ran by homosexuals on the ground level (and top in some instances) and its extremely hard for a straight strong black man to get ahead. Think about all the black men that are behind the camera they are small non threatening dudes spike lee, john singleton, the hughes brothers, and on and on all the rest are pretty much gay. As I stated a young tall deep voiced "real" affluent dude came in today laid down a great concept was personable and everything and the gay execs weren't "feeling him". I was that same dude not long ago to a T and by the grace of God two female V.P.s always looked out for me because my #$+% is right. The industry is hard for anyone to get in no question but at the end of the day strip the titles away and just look at the people and 9 times out of 10 its gay snobs that feel they can't be comfortable and gay around real men.

I would like to clarify I have no problem with gay men but I'm telling you there is nothing more disturbing than a gay man with the illusion of power. The up the diva scale to 20 million. You know how gay men are more feminine than women? Well multiply that and add some politics to it and that's what a +!%#@ from the street with no fam in the biz has to deal with. Oh and spike lee had a rich grandmother that funded his projects and john singletons mom was on the board of directors at U.S.C. so he got in the film school.
smile.gif

I would like to clarify I have no problem with gay men but I'm telling you there is nothing more disturbing than a gay man with the illusion of power. The up the diva scale to 20 million. You know how gay men are more feminine than women? Well multiply that and add some politics to it and that's what a +!%#@ from the street with no fam in the biz has to deal with. Oh and spike lee had a rich grandmother that funded his projects and john singletons mom was on the board of directors at U.S.C. so he got in the film school.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom