My journey through the entertainment industry..............

Very interesting thread. I don't think its in only the entertainment industry where black men have problems getting into. I just moved to NYC, the center of capitalism, walking around and everyone is in work gear, suit and tie, but only a very few are black men. Sometimes I wonder if black men will ever succeed in this nation.

Very interesting thread. I don't think its in only the entertainment industry where black men have problems getting into. I just moved to NYC, the center of capitalism, walking around and everyone is in work gear, suit and tie, but only a very few are black men. Sometimes I wonder if black men will ever succeed in this nation.

I always though the entertainment world was so huge and diverse that everyone will experience something different, so it is impossible to give an accurate account of the entire industry. You can only speak on what you have experienced.

I have no clue on this industry but WISEPHAROAH comes off like he is on a "gay/white/jew bringing down the black man." rant. I'm black and it doesn't matter.

I always though the entertainment world was so huge and diverse that everyone will experience something different, so it is impossible to give an accurate account of the entire industry. You can only speak on what you have experienced.

I have no clue on this industry but WISEPHAROAH comes off like he is on a "gay/white/jew bringing down the black man." rant. I'm black and it doesn't matter.

But why do you think it doesn't matter? Maybe if you feel that all of your is together and you constantly get denied by the same type of people you would feel the same way. I think it is easy to say, "Don't use the race card as the reason why you haven't made it," if you haven't experienced anything like it personally.

Right now, I haven't had a reason to use that "excuse" but if I were in his position I damn sure wouldn't feel the same way I do now.

But why do you think it doesn't matter? Maybe if you feel that all of your is together and you constantly get denied by the same type of people you would feel the same way. I think it is easy to say, "Don't use the race card as the reason why you haven't made it," if you haven't experienced anything like it personally.

Right now, I haven't had a reason to use that "excuse" but if I were in his position I damn sure wouldn't feel the same way I do now.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I meant me being black shouldn't change the statement I made. It hade nothing to do with other comments in this thread.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I meant me being black shouldn't change the statement I made. It hade nothing to do with other comments in this thread.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by Parker Peterson

WISEPHAROAH keep us posted man. Those of us who arent in the business wanna know what really goes down. It's borderline unbelievable, for me at least.

Oh yeah, can you spill a little more about the secret society stuff?

this.and nothing against gays but i dont take to kindly to when gay dudes be singing about chicks i.e omarion. What part of the game is that?

WISEPHAROAH keep us posted man. Those of us who arent in the business wanna know what really goes down. It's borderline unbelievable, for me at least.

this.and nothing against gays but i dont take to kindly to when gay dudes be singing about chicks i.e omarion. What part of the game is that?

OP why dont you just write a book to expose hollywood.

itd prolly turn into a best seller.

dont use real names but give people enough clues as to who is who.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Screw that, you don't make money without naming names. Prob could get a decent reality show out of it, too.

Screw that, you don't make money without naming names. Prob could get a decent reality show out of it, too.

^^ I know basically nothing about Hollywood, but it would seem like somebody would have already tried to write and publish a book exposing the shady stuff that goes down. Either it's not as bad as people say it is, or anybody trying to publish a book exposing them "somehow" couldn't get their book published....conspiracy theories FTW 
pimp.gif
  haha

^^ I know basically nothing about Hollywood, but it would seem like somebody would have already tried to write and publish a book exposing the shady stuff that goes down. Either it's not as bad as people say it is, or anybody trying to publish a book exposing them "somehow" couldn't get their book published....conspiracy theories FTW 
pimp.gif
  haha

laugh.gif
@ Will Smith being gay.
All I can do is think about that ep of Fresh Prince where he,Carlton and Ashley were modeling on the runway.The scene before they actually hit the stage had me DYING.Wasn't it like "flip,twist,rotate,walk" or something like that?

laugh.gif
@ Will Smith being gay.
All I can do is think about that ep of Fresh Prince where he,Carlton and Ashley were modeling on the runway.The scene before they actually hit the stage had me DYING.Wasn't it like "flip,twist,rotate,walk" or something like that?

You kidding me? He'd be taken out faster than you can blink.

I just moved to NYC, the center of capitalism, walking around andeveryone is in work gear, suit and tie, but only a very few are blackmen. Sometimes I wonder if black men will ever succeed in this nation.
No different here in D.C., and as a mixed guy I just don't get it. Worked downtown all summer, definitely saw very little of any minority college grads.

Back
Top Bottom