My journey through the entertainment industry..............

Originally Posted by Al Audi

OP why dont you just write a book to expose hollywood.

itd prolly turn into a best seller.

dont use real names but give people enough clues as to who is who.
You kidding me? He'd be taken out faster than you can blink.

I just moved to NYC, the center of capitalism, walking around andeveryone is in work gear, suit and tie, but only a very few are blackmen. Sometimes I wonder if black men will ever succeed in this nation.
No different here in D.C., and as a mixed guy I just don't get it. Worked downtown all summer, definitely saw very little of any minority college grads.

Originally Posted by DJ Sphinx

Very interesting thread. I don't think its in only the entertainment industry where black men have problems getting into. I just moved to NYC, the center of capitalism, walking around and everyone is in work gear, suit and tie, but only a very few are black men. Sometimes I wonder if black men will ever succeed in this nation.

You need to go more around Soho and also D.C. is filled with African Americans with professional jobs.

Very interesting thread. I don't think its in only the entertainment industry where black men have problems getting into. I just moved to NYC, the center of capitalism, walking around and everyone is in work gear, suit and tie, but only a very few are black men. Sometimes I wonder if black men will ever succeed in this nation.

You need to go more around Soho and also D.C. is filled with African Americans with professional jobs.

Originally Posted by Kojomesa

Veryinteresting thread. I don't think its in only the entertainmentindustry where black men have problems getting into. I just moved toNYC, the center of capitalism, walking around and everyone is in workgear, suit and tie, but only a very few are black men. Sometimes Iwonder if black men will ever succeed in this nation.

Fresh college grads in D.C. are a different story. Trust...

Veryinteresting thread. I don't think its in only the entertainmentindustry where black men have problems getting into. I just moved toNYC, the center of capitalism, walking around and everyone is in workgear, suit and tie, but only a very few are black men. Sometimes Iwonder if black men will ever succeed in this nation.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

lol finnns that was sarcasm
laugh.gif
My bad.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Well I'm not that surprised given the statistics that less than half of black men graduate HS (can't remember the exact number but there was a thread a little while back). Given the fact that black people are around 12% of the US population, and let's say half of that is young and 50/50 gender split. So you have 3% that are young black men (under 25) which you have to cut in half. Then, you take out the usual college attrition that affects every race and you can see what happens. Not discounting the factor of institutional racism but there are other and more compelling reasons why you don't see that many black men walking around Wall St. The disparity begins to manifest years in advance. 

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Well I'm not that surprised given the statistics that less than half of black men graduate HS (can't remember the exact number but there was a thread a little while back). Given the fact that black people are around 12% of the US population, and let's say half of that is young and 50/50 gender split. So you have 3% that are young black men (under 25) which you have to cut in half. Then, you take out the usual college attrition that affects every race and you can see what happens. Not discounting the factor of institutional racism but there are other and more compelling reasons why you don't see that many black men walking around Wall St. The disparity begins to manifest years in advance. 

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

This game is running me low but GOD don't like no quitters here's some facts about hollywood: 1. if you are black and you aren't gay its damn near impossible to get respect. 2. oh EVERY dude is gay. 3. If you don't have family or a close friend in the buisness  business that can put you on your not gonna make it no matter how talented you are. 5. Talent doesn't matter only politics and $!*% riding do. 6. Cocaine is the way they control you once your put on. It keeps you in a AN unbalanced mindstate and its great for black mail. 7. There is no loyalty and truth in this game. The term FAKE IT TO TILL YOU MAKE IT is the reality. 9. Don't come in on that nice guy %*%!, you have to be a lion in the lion's den. 9. Black entertainers do nothing to put other young black talent on unless your their children. 10. prepare to be lied to constantly and filled with empty promises. If you plan on or want to get into the industry I just want to warn you of these few things. If your black and your trying to enter the game its a whole different set of rules you have to play by outside of what I mentioned. I won't go into detail but you can lose yourself if you aren't strong in here because your in the realm of illusions and devils.
D+
there's no #4.......F

This game is running me low but GOD don't like no quitters here's some facts about hollywood: 1. if you are black and you aren't gay its damn near impossible to get respect. 2. oh EVERY dude is gay. 3. If you don't have family or a close friend in the buisness  business that can put you on your not gonna make it no matter how talented you are. 5. Talent doesn't matter only politics and $!*% riding do. 6. Cocaine is the way they control you once your put on. It keeps you in a AN unbalanced mindstate and its great for black mail. 7. There is no loyalty and truth in this game. The term FAKE IT TO TILL YOU MAKE IT is the reality. 9. Don't come in on that nice guy %*%!, you have to be a lion in the lion's den. 9. Black entertainers do nothing to put other young black talent on unless your their children. 10. prepare to be lied to constantly and filled with empty promises. If you plan on or want to get into the industry I just want to warn you of these few things. If your black and your trying to enter the game its a whole different set of rules you have to play by outside of what I mentioned. I won't go into detail but you can lose yourself if you aren't strong in here because your in the realm of illusions and devils.
D+
there's no #4.......F

D+
there's no #4.......F

D+
there's no #4.......F

D+
there's no #4.......F

D+
there's no #4.......F

D+
there's no #4.......F

D+
there's no #4.......F

Has anyone seen this? Dave does make some interesting points. Thanks OP for the insight. They make it seem all pretty on the cover of these mags but if u dig deeper most of the time u wont like what u find.

Has anyone seen this? Dave does make some interesting points. Thanks OP for the insight. They make it seem all pretty on the cover of these mags but if u dig deeper most of the time u wont like what u find.

Back
Top Bottom