Nas - Illmatic vs. It Was Written

I was just in a discussion with some friends about this... Which do you guys think was better, Illmatic or It Was Written?

In my opinion, It Was Written was the more laid back and thoughtful album, but I just loved the rawness of Illmatic.

I'ma keep it real. I could never decide over these two to be honest. !%*# is mad trippy...Illmatic is raw, but It Was Written is just to dope. The lyricismand flow is just insane. IWW was just crazy...One of the most slept on albums..

Illmatic was his best "pure" hiphop album, lyrically perfect, dude crafted every bar...It Was Written was his most complete album artistically tho.

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

I'ma keep it real. I could never decide over these two to be honest. !%*# is mad trippy...Illmatic is raw, but It Was Written is just to dope. The lyricism and flow is just insane. IWW was just crazy...One of the most slept on albums..

for real...I just cant decide

both albums are very good.

no that's wrong illmatic is if not the, one of the top 2 hiphop albums in the history of history.....

can't compare it to nothing but ready to die and reasonable doubt.

i still skip tracks on It was written. and that joint had some joints that'd body the rest of music right now.

here comes the annual EZ Vs Nay Argument about It Was Written
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

Illmatic without question ...

IWW is a good album , just very gimmicky with a few questionable songs .

i dunno whats so gimmicky about it was written..if im taking 3 nas albums to da grave its illmatic, lost tapes and it was written.....dats da best.

One Love - My Favorite Song Of All-Time
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

NY Stat Of Mind -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Halftime -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Represent -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Memory Lane
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It Aint Hard To Tell
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One Time For Your Mind
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The World Is Yours
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Life's A +*$+*
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This album still gets daily play

But IWW is also classic
pimp.gif

Whaddup Smooth
laugh.gif

You already know . . . IWW is TRASH . . . Period, +%%# is corny, it sounds like a wack $@% album AZ would make, I mean I guess dudes got tired of chillen onthe block and smokin on the park benches, now they in Columbia, Bolivia, Panama and +%%# unloadin bricks . . . This album is totally fabricated, commercial,corny, gimmicky . . . Its TRASH. Its one of those lame albums you keep on your ipod to refrence its wackness (or maybe that's just me
laugh.gif
)

Illmatic is the GREATEST hip hop album, It Was Written is prolly one of the biggest letdowns . . . No comparison.

All frontin aside, IWW is a classic . . . A classic example of what NOT to do.

It was written will always be my favorite Nas album. I love Illmatic, but IWW gets more spins from me

Its certain opinons that are a given in this forum in regards to certain threads...

Me in any Millz post (with Krunk on his anti/if it was Pap $%%!
smh.gif
laugh.gif
)

Hood in any Crack post

Allen in any Joey post

and Ez Flash/Nay arguing about IWW (usually with Hood, and maybe myself if i'm in the arguing mood chiming in, in support of IWW)

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

here comes the annual EZ Vs Nay Argument about It Was Written
laugh.gif

you had to lure this N' out lol....but nah, I dont take no backtalk about this topic anymore...
All frontin aside, IWW is a classic . . . A classic example of what NOT to do.
*long sigh*...This N'... $+%* on with them Comedy Central Presents punchlines... lol

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I tried to skim through the album after that post . . . I checked and confirmed, YES its still TRASH 12 years later . . . I had to throw the "StreetsDreams" Remix on there, that $$#! is classic . . .

*** Back to Uncle Murder Fridays ***

Back
Top Bottom