NASA TO BOMB MOON ON FRIDAY TO SEARCH FOR WATER vol are you !#!$+@@ kidding me?

Hey_

Originally Posted by mYKiCkZArEaG21

people... there crashing a space ship into it with a mini bomb... 90% of telscopes wont even be able to see it.... this is all because INDIAs space programs got scans of water on the surace of the moon last month... its not going to affect us in anyway... u wont even notice... stop acting like there gonna nuke the moon... its like crashin a car in a mountin just going a couple thousand miles an hour.... the funniest thing that i heard about this so far is WOMEN PROTESTING THAT IF THEY DO GO THRU WITH THE CRASH ITS GOING TO AFFECT THERE MENSTRAL CYCLE LOL... the things people think of... this is the same thing just like when they tried to make tiny black holes in france last year... nothing happend... the world didnt get sucked up or anything... so relax..... WE ALL DIEING 2012 ANYWAY LMAO

If we know water is there already,

why are we bombing the moon?

Julius F. Wrek

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

Hey_

people... there crashing a space ship into it with a mini bomb... 90% of telscopes wont even be able to see it.... this is all because INDIAs space programs got scans of water on the surace of the moon last month... its not going to affect us in anyway... u wont even notice... stop acting like there gonna nuke the moon... its like crashin a car in a mountin just going a couple thousand miles an hour.... the funniest thing that i heard about this so far is WOMEN PROTESTING THAT IF THEY DO GO THRU WITH THE CRASH ITS GOING TO AFFECT THERE MENSTRAL CYCLE LOL... the things people think of... this is the same thing just like when they tried to make tiny black holes in france last year... nothing happend... the world didnt get sucked up or anything... so relax..... WE ALL DIEING 2012 ANYWAY LMAO

Julius F. Wrek

To see how much ice there is. Whether it's just a thin layer or much deeper.

Hey_

Originally Posted by CaliKix88

Hey_

Julius F. Wrek

Thanks.

Julius F. Wrek

Hey_

Originally Posted by CaliKix88

Hey_

Julius F. Wrek

Thanks.

Julius F. Wrek

No problem.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Anybody gonna watch tonight?

"The impacts will not be visible to the naked eye or through binoculars. If you don't have a telescope, or you live in areas where daylight willobscure the viewing, NASA TV will broadcast the crashes live. Coverage begins at 6:15 a.m. ET Friday." From CNN.

Incase anyones planning on watching this.

Im getting up at 6 or 7 tommorow so ill be catching it.

I'm thinking of getting up to see it, should be cool but it's at 430 am here
laugh.gif

Hey_

Julius F. Wrek
because if there is water in the moon, that means theres hydrogen and oxygen... so they can extract those things.. and have supplies for whenastronauts are on the moon.. instead of us sending water and oxygen to them.. when they are over there... meaning they can have longer missions and stuff.

yea im considering waking up to catch this, or just staying up. I wouldve thought it wouldve been bigger news if they found water on the moon. Never even heardof it till now. living under a rock ftl.

its a rocket... not a "mini bomb" rockets are self propelled by an engine.. what if the rocket keeps on pushing the moon out of orbit?then were %$@%**
and where did you get 90% from. stop making up things
no its not like crashing a car into the moon, the moon is so much smaller than the earth, and the mass of the moon 7.347 x 1022 KG, (0.012 3 earth) less than1% mass... its not the same thing
the rocket will be going at 9,000 Km per hour... the blast is going to be strong enough to kick debris 6 miles into space...

please go get an education, before you try to kick knowledge

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

its a rocket... not a "mini bomb" rockets are self propelled by an engine.. what if the rocket keeps on pushing the moon out of orbit? then were %$@%**
no its not like crashing a car into the moon, the moon is so much smaller than the earth, and the mass of the moon 7.347 x 1022 KG, (0.012 3 earth) less than 1% mass... its not the same thing
the rocket will be going at 9,000 Km per hour... the blast is going to be strong enough to kick debris 6 miles into space...

roll.gif

Originally Posted by luigi202

Originally Posted by jeenewed

Originally Posted by IHaveMyOwnOpinion

They're gonna leave us without a moon.
Which from what I've heard, we kinda need...
For what?

Excuse my ignorance
laugh.gif

Without it, the earth would spin wildly off of its axis, days would be shortened, the weather would be constantly storming, and the twighlight new moon sequel wouldn't make sense.
roll.gif

man I wish something goes horribly wrong like they build a crater and thousands of small creatures jump out and start attacking us and then destroy earth byafternoon

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

man I wish something goes horribly wrong like they build a crater and thousands of small creatures jump out and start attacking us and then destroy earth by afternoon

QFT.

If not zombies, this for sure...

Everybody gets Mooned!

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

its a rocket... not a "mini bomb" rockets are self propelled by an engine.. what if the rocket keeps on pushing the moon out of orbit? then were %$@%**
no its not like crashing a car into the moon, the moon is so much smaller than the earth, and the mass of the moon 7.347 x 1022 KG, (0.012 3 earth) less than 1% mass... its not the same thing

roll.gif
indifferent.gif

the moon stabalizes the axis of earths rotation. its already known that the moon is moving away from earth. 3.8 centimeters per year. now a rocket making thatstrong of an impact on an object in space that has less than 1% mass...all of this could change the equinox and change alot of things.. so i dont even know whyyou're laughing

barycenter.gif

Hey_

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

man I wish something goes horribly wrong like they build a crater and thousands of small creatures jump out and start attacking us and then destroy earth by afternoon

I'd prefer a Mass Effect or Macross scenario.

Space travel baby!

Green chicks!

Julius F. Wrek

Eh, I'm too stressed about the other aspects of my life to get too worked up over this thing, now. At first, I thought it was outrageous. What's reallythe worst that can happen from moving the moon around...?
nerd.gif

Do you honestly think that they would be doing this if they didn't make damn sure that nothing terrible would happen? Give them a little credit, they knowa hell of a lot more about missions to the moon than anyone here.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

roll.gif
indifferent.gif

the moon stabalizes the axis of earths rotation. its already known that the moon is moving away from earth. 3.8 centimeters per year. now a rocket making that strong of an impact on an object in space that has less than 1% mass...all of this could change the equinox and change alot of things.. so i dont even know why you're laughing

barycenter.gif
So you're saying the moon isn't orbiting the earth
eyes.gif

Take a physics class.

Back
Top Bottom