NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

^ We don't KNOW that. No need to speculate something that hasn't been proven. Just speculation with no basis

so this pic from 2k is a ps job ?

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by ao17

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

laugh.gif
All of you are getting hyped over a little feature that will probably last you 1-2 days to finish. I understand they are adding players/teams from the same area but the thing is the game doesn't need that! It needs to be completely fixed from the online menus, online servers,get rid of ALL animations, make plays useful and fix all athletic people being unstoppable. After putting Kobe on the front they are now releasing just put MJ on the front and no matter how bad the game is people are gonna buy it just because MJ is on the front.
QFT

If this is the same exact game like 2k10 but with fancy Jordan Challenges and a dozen teams from the 80s and 90s then yall are just sheep. Now I love my 2k Sports, but until I hear about some changes in improved gameplay and what they're doing instead of Isomotion, I won't pay much attention to these new features.

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
 alright alright alright.. how many times are you cool kids going to reiterate this?... yea yea, same thing every year, update rosters, sheep, wolves, EA > 2K... 
some gameplay tidbits have already release and you guys are still singing the same song. just stop. 
Get outta here! 2k>EA
I like how they compared player movement to FIFA's
pimp.gif
that will give the game a completely different feel

I fLiPzKiCkZ I wrote:
^That's me in the V's...got to meet Westbrook, Smith, and Iguodala. Definitely a cool day on the set
Any insight on the game/confirmation on TNT??
nerd.gif

35973_433453927304_51926382304_4438829_4401623_n.jpg

No TNT scoreboard ya'll

But the new one definitely is appreciated in my book, from the image it looks like Rose is playing the Jordan challenge.

P.S. Derrick Rose was cooking before playing the game?
laugh.gif

2K11 Half time Show

some guy posted this on the 2kforums so im sharing

Wrapping up the NBA Halftime Show for 2K Sports, NBA 2K11. This game is gonna be dope!
http://twitter.com/DamonBruce

x2_2330314

look like 2k got a guy DamonBruce who does radio to do the half time show

Damon Bruce is the host of San Francisco-based KNBR's "The Damon Bruce Show", on KNBR 1050, broadcast live from KNBR's downtown studio. The show airs from 12-noon to 4:00pm, M-F on KNBR 1050. Pacific Time.

Bruce joined KNBR in October 2005 as the host of, Sportsphone 680. Along with his hosting duties on Sportsphone 680, Damon Bruce also served as the post-game host of the San Francisco Giants, San Francisco 49ers and the Golden State Warriors. It is believed Damon will continue to host 49ers post-game even though he's departed Sportsphone 680 for his own midday show
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_Bruce

look like he a good radio host so i hope the half time show in nba 2k11 will be great

Making a Smarter Game
By: 2K Admin Ron | Friday August 06 2010
Hi everyone.
I’m Mike Wang, Sr. Game Designer on NBA 2K11. For those of you who missed the announce of my return, I just wanted to refresh you about what some of our goals were. I am excited to write a couple Insights for you in the coming weeks up to release of NBA October 5th. For this week’s Insight, Gameplay Producer, Jerson Sapida, and I are going to talk about some of the AI (artificial intelligence) improvements that we’ve made to NBA 2K11. I’ll be covering offense, and Jerson will cover defense.

Before we get into that, I wanted to reveal a new option that we’ve added for this year’s game that I am sure will excite you throughly. We have a huge team here and we all have a different perspective for how a basketball sim should be played/tuned, much like our ever-growing consumer base. One way we attempted to satisfy all parties was to introduce a new option called Game Style. Changing this option will significantly change the way you experience NBA 2K11. So when you get your hands on the game this October, play around with the different settings, as well as the difficulty level setting, to see what best fits your style of game and experience level. Here’s a quick rundown of what we were shooting for with the different settings:

Default: Kind of a hyper-realism. Shooting %’s will be slightly higher than real life, there will be fewer fouls, slightly more dunks, more and 1’s, etc. “Let ‘em play hoops

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

No need to post pictures. The pictures IGN have are easily 2K10 or from a very early build of 2K11.

word 2K11 will have the TNT scoreboard

^ We don't KNOW that. No need to speculate something that hasn't been proven. Just speculation with no basis

no TNT logo which sucks

Why is something so unimportant and minimally cosmetic matter so much? SO WHAT if it doesn't have a TNT Logo.

Default: Kind of a hyper-realism. Shooting %’s will be slightly higher than real life, there will be fewer fouls, slightly more dunks, more and 1’s, etc. “Let ‘em play hoops

I'm gonna be playing on Simulation all the time. I like the dominating the ball feature. Corey Maggette gonna be holding that %@*$+ like he does in real life.

No need to post pictures. The pictures IGN have are easily 2K10 or from a very early build of 2K11.

word 2K11 will have the TNT scoreboard

no TNT logo which sucks

Why is something so unimportant and minimally cosmetic matter so much? SO WHAT if it doesn't have a TNT Logo.

the competition will have authentic broadcasting thats why, fallback.

Trivial if you ask me. 2K's strong suite has been presentation over the last few years. WITHOUT Authentic Broadcasting. They have done it in house and it still has been better than EA's. Don't see the severity.

I might cop it now, it was a definite no b4 because the game was so off last year
If the simulation setting really does lead to sim stats, the game is going in the right direction
They should take it a step further and have the different game settings online too
Defense, baseline cheesing and points in the paint were my main disappointments with last years game
and the TNT logo %+%! is trivial

I agree about the TNT broadcasting being trivial.

What good is a game if the presentation is good but the gameplay is horrible?

Based on the latest insight, 2k seems to have really made gameplay a point of emphasis. Hopefully the 2k developers (and the Elite developers for that matter) deliver.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I agree about the TNT broadcasting being trivial.

What good is a game if the presentation is good but the gameplay is horrible?

Not only that, 2K's presentation is only getting better even with their own style, so if they don't use TNT then it doesn't really matter.

I hope they fix the crowd presentation though, Hopefully they will implement playoff atmosphere like in live.

Trivial if you ask me. 2K's strong suite has been presentation over the last few years. WITHOUT Authentic Broadcasting. They have done it in house and it still has been better than EA's. Don't see the severity.

what do you guys mean by presentation?

i always thought 2k sucks in that department, such as before the game they introduce the players and etc, its always felt cheap to me for some reason and very basic

however, 2k kills live(elite) in the very small details such as arena art like the big screen scoreboard the screen the surrounds the arena, bench player reactions and having them in warm up, and the mascot

Back
Top Bottom