NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by NobleKane

nba 2k11 xbox avatar items come out on thursday. heres to hoping that jordan jersey is available

They give you the code for a Jordan jersey at Game Stop on your receipt if you pre-order

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

#30? Where and how? Theif

It's called not being pressed and scouring for resources fool.
Hope that midnight release was worth the extra $30. Me and ant both copped. 
I didn't do Midnight. I got it yesterday

Originally Posted by OGLoc

I was kinda worried that they had took out the "Sim Until Players Is Put Back In" option for My Player mode since it didn't let you do so in Summer League games. However, I was glad to find out that you can use the option in regular season games.

They didnt take it out, you can do that in Summer League Games

Originally Posted by windycity7

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

My dude Nenê is a damn beast on the offensive end. 
sick.gif
yeah that euro step & dunk is unstoppable w/ him & damn near the etire game.... that needs to be the 1st patch
I ain't talking about that garbage.

I'm talking about using actual post moves with him, and how well he gets out on the break for a big man.

Originally Posted by windycity7

Originally Posted by jd2384

#!@# dominique wilkins and his human highlight film crap. i can't hold this guy under 25.
30t6p3b.gif
. aside from that, game is amazing. Also, '85 MJ is unstoppable
eek.gif

that was the 1st & only challenge i did domo had 20 mj had 47/10/3
pimp.gif
same here, i held him to 20, i had mj score 45 tho

the bigger challenge for me is holding clyde under 20
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Informerx

Originally Posted by OGLoc

I was kinda worried that they had took out the "Sim Until Players Is Put Back In" option for My Player mode since it didn't let you do so in Summer League games. However, I was glad to find out that you can use the option in regular season games.

They didnt take it out, you can do that in Summer League Games

Hmm. I'll have to investigate further into it if I ever create a new My Player. Thanks for the info.
happy.gif

can somebody explain to me why i cant connect to nobody when i try to play ranked or in the lobby ?

and !@% does "your NAT type is STRICT" mean

I got drafted #2 in the 2nd Round to Miami
laugh.gif

Any assist challeneges I have are being knocked out with the quickness.

The only issue I have with My Player is occasionally it'll switch who I am supposed to be guarding in the half court set (no screens, I would understand if it was a switch). It seems like if either of the players it was switching between scores, I get dinged on my team score.

Overall, I suck. But the game is ridiculously deep. I really hope I can get good at this.
laugh.gif

And also remember, WE ALL have picked up bad habits from past basketball games. Habits that are not reflective of the game of basketball.

A few tips with the passing.

1. Try not to pass the ball to the opposite direction in which your player is driving. This was practically an automatic turnover in 2K10
2. Know WHO you are passing the ball with. Passing ratings matter this year.
3. Distance matters as well.
4. Cross court passes, don't try them this year.
5. If you see the defense right THERE, don't throw the ball to the man and get mad at the game. Either dribble to put yourself in a better passing angle or don't throw the pass. Or you could always lead pass him AWAY from the defender.
6. When feeding the postman on the block, make the pass from the wing or the corner. Don't make the pass from the top of the key. Not a good passing angle.

Can not wait! Comes out tomorrow here in Iceland!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

And also remember, WE ALL have picked up bad habits from past basketball games. Habits that are not reflective of the game of basketball.

A few tips with the passing.

1. Try not to pass the ball to the opposite direction in which your player is driving. This was practically an automatic turnover in 2K10
2. Know WHO you are passing the ball with. Passing ratings matter this year.
3. Distance matters as well.
4. Cross court passes, don't try them this year.
5. If you see the defense right THERE, don't throw the ball to the man and get mad at the game. Either dribble to put yourself in a better passing angle or don't throw the pass. Or you could always lead pass him AWAY from the defender.
6. When feeding the postman on the block, make the pass from the wing or the corner. Don't make the pass from the top of the key. Not a good passing angle.

Seems like they made a pretty realistic game this year.
Nice

To me, it plays realistic. There's a learning curve for me though. The score for my first online game was 13-11 at halftime.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

can somebody explain to me why i cant connect to nobody when i try to play ranked or in the lobby ?

and !$$ does "your NAT type is STRICT" mean

That means you're router isn't configured for certain things online (such as talk on the mic) You need to go into your router settings and change it.

If you have linksys, enter this into your web browser: http://192.168.1.1 Log in with ur user name and pw, go into adminstration, and change UPnP to enable, that will open up your xbox connection

got this last night after going to a local fred meyers that sold out, and having to go to another one that got a late shipment

tried the jordan chalenge "arrival" and was a bad choice for my first game, lol

did my player, and got drafted 29th by orlando, having a pretty awesome/decent season so far (2-1), and the lost came form the Heat...freakin bron/wade combo against a 43 rated player is no fair, lol
http://niketalk.com/topic/255601?page=108
also, has anybody had their jordans disappear??? i unlocked the jordan IX, but they disappeared, and the jordan shoe unlock count "xx of 40", reset back to zero! however, i do have a pair of 6s too, that +5 vertical is nice

overall, i'm enjoying the game, i dont like how some of the stuff is repeated from that insider2k guy from 2k10, it gets annoying to hear stuff from nba2k10, and that whole thing after a game where you have to give interviews is bleh, don't like how my guy sounds, lol

can't wait to put in more time with the game!

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by toine2983

they got dude in a commercial talking bout jordan's shoes but cant even give him his own sig shoe in the game
laugh.gif

��

seriously
laugh.gif

does anyone know if 2k would do some kind of online stuff where you can dl his shoe?

saw that too last night, was like...lebron viii, and no kobe V or VI?....way to support the guy was JUST on the cover last year, and another guy who hasn't even been on a video game cover yet.....
i doubt they'll make the kobe V/VI downloadable though....i hope they do!

I haven't played 2K seriously since 2K8 because the game always felt unrealistic to me.
But after reading the reviews and feedback, it seems like I have no choice but to get this today.

I'm gonna hit practice mode heavy and hopefully I'll start playing online in a few weeks.

If anybody is running online (PS3), my PSN is in my sig, shoot me a FR.

so figured out how to run with my sonics in an association now. my questinon is though, what happens to all the players that were on the team that you were forced to remove? i want to take out the thunder and form a sonics/thunder hybrid team...

the learning curve for 2k11 is way too steep...post moves are so weird to perform and isomotion is pretty random. maybe it's the controls or I just plain suck. i remember in 2k9, i had the controls down pat within a few days....

oh and why the *!%* are open shots SO hard to knock down? i was knocking down open jumpers playing against the CPU with ease, then when i hop online, i went 3/20 on 3pt FGS. 2nd chance points are almost impossible to get if u get a rebound near the basket, u miss putbacks almost everytime.

Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter

Anyone else having trouble with getting in to ranked matches?

My boy was getting D/C'd left and right last night so the servers are probably under maintenance or something.
2K servers have been trash for as long as I can remember.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Add music to my playlist now.
pimp.gif

teach me the way chris
nerd.gif
If you have your computer set-up on a network, you can copy music from your computer HDD to your PS3. Then create a new playlist and add all the music you want into the playlist.

Viola, custom soundtrack.

Everytime I hear Hov's "SuperUgly" I think of my skills.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom