NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

A few pages back, use the sliders I suggested. Turn the difficulty to Pro. GO into practice mode and learn isomotion. Spend TIME on it.

You HAVE to run plays to get open if you can't routinely break down your opponents off of the dribble. A lot has changed since 2K5. Can't just hold turbo and shoot past a player.

Look at these videos as well - http://www.youtube.com/MrOperationSports#g/u

Look at the strategy videos as well as the coaches corner videos.

This game can be mad frustrating at times.... successful fast break buckets are a lot harder this year because of all the god damned deflections. I can't even run one play without the ball getting deflected. One game I had 8 turnovers in the first quarter.

Wide open jumpers and buckets under the hoop are a headache too. I was using the Knicks in a ranked match, running plays every time down the court.... my players coming off screens, open cuts to the paint and getting good looks/wide open shots at the basket and I STILL shot 28% from the field. The score ended up being 24-22 at the end of the game (5 min quarters).. the other dude shot 19% lmao. Garbage $%+ lag and %+$@+% 2k servers/netcode.

Originally Posted by windycity7

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

^^^^^^^AYE

F
U & THAT GIF ADD ME SO YOU CAN GET A CHI-TOWN BEAT DOWN

I FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF HATE THE PUNK #$# CELTICS
You must cheese

NO I DONT ADD ME & ILL SHOW YOU WHAT LOSING IS LIKE
Originally Posted by DajonDondo

windycity?? where u at? whagts your GT? add me.

IM @ WK MY PSN IS IN MY SIG ILL BE HOME AROUND 6:30-7 PM CHITIME(ITS 2:02 RIGHT NOW)
Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by airjzz

Any of you guys doing the My Player mode having trouble dunking? I must be the only 6'6 SG in the league who can't throw it down on the regular. I've upped his vertical into the 60's and dunk is at 56 right now I believe. Yet, maybe if he is WIDE OPEN he'll throw down a soft dunk. More often than not, it's a layup. What's up w/ that?

gotta get in the 70 range for nastiness to startmy player is 6'7 & hes not dunking im right above you with the sp at 58

My dude's dunk is at 64 and he'll yam it on people like it's nothing
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

I GOTTA BOOST UP MY VERT & THAT WILL PRBLY FIX IT
What style of PG are you? I am an Athletic 6'6 PG as well and my dude was throwin it down from the begining, only problem is that he would straight brick some wiiide open dunks so i had to up his rating real quick. Im like a 62 overall now and puttn up 21points 3rebs and 3ast's per game.

If you learn how to use the Isomotion, it makes things a hell of a lot easier. My dudes crossover is nasty, once i feel the defender tryin to cut me off I pull a quick crossover and can get to the bucket with ease, but my finishing isnt that great at all which is frustrating at time but then again im only a 62 overall.

I still havent touched any other mode yet besides My Player. Mad addicting and fun, havent been able to say that about 2K in a while.

Anyone know how to change the person you do a Pick and Roll with?.. I got this dude Zach Randolph goin up soft as hell when i drop a dime leading him to the basket. Id rather have Marc Gasol, or Rudy setting the pick.

I was pissed when I got drafted by the Grizz and was going to ask for a trade ASAP but once I took over the starting spot we started a nice 7 game winning streak. My guy is beastin and were at the top of the Western Conference right now about 30 games in.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I got @*$ to do @ 2pm but all that talk is forcing me to get a game in right now anyways
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bredin808

Wide open jumpers and buckets under the hoop are a headache too. I was using the Knicks in a ranked match, running plays every time down the court.... my players coming off screens, open cuts to the paint and getting good looks/wide open shots at the basket and I STILL shot 28% from the field. The score ended up being 24-22 at the end of the game (5 min quarters).. the other dude shot 19% lmao. Garbage $%+ lag and %+$@+% 2k servers/netcode.

i know what you mean.. im usually $ with JRich & Nash in Association.. but there are those games where you just cant make a shot or get any type of offensive rhythm no matter what.. i think the game does this on purpose. 

i'm not understanding this game at all.

I have always been the kinda player that shoot a very high percentage in any basketball game.

but now, i'm constitenly shooting in the 30s and 40s...

not b/c i'm trying to lead pass my way to victory...

i CANNOT make a layup.. like... this is ridiculous. under the basket, my dunkers refuse to go up and dunk.

i cant expect to hit layups b/c these things rim out SOOOOO easy... smh...

and the passing is horrible. at times you need a zip pass, its a lazy loft. when you need an over the top pass, he tries to zip it thru.

its like the game didnt get smarter... it just made your players dumber to SEEM like they got smarter...

Originally Posted by proper english

i know what you mean.. im usually $ with JRich & Nash in Association.. but there are those games where you just cant make a shot or get any type of offensive rhythm no matter what.. i think the game does this on purpose. 

I DO TOO I CAN HAVE A MONSTER GAME ONLINE & FOLLOW-IT UP WITH A POT-O-POTTY PERFORMANCE GETTING TOYED WITH AGAINST THE DAMN PACERS OR SOME OTHER LOWLEY SQUAD

Is there not an online lobby in this game? The only way I've been able to find playing online is going to quick game and selecting ranked. Which is super annoying when you are playing a cheeser who uses Miami, you get up by 10 and he quits.... REALLY? You use Miami and when I'm up by 10 you quit? I'd like to be able to see my opponents DNF%... anyway to?

Any tips on the drill where you have to take it past your defender. I havent scored in it. 
sick.gif
 Im a 6'4 SG.
I get most of my points just jetting back to the basket when the team im playing bricks a shot. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Is there not an online lobby in this game? The only way I've been able to find playing online is going to quick game and selecting ranked. Which is super annoying when you are playing a cheeser who uses Miami, you get up by 10 and he quits.... REALLY? You use Miami and when I'm up by 10 you quit? I'd like to be able to see my opponents DNF%... anyway to?

ITS SQUARE ON THE PS3 IM NOT SURE ABOUT X-BOX 180

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Melo is 
pimp.gif
 also in the game.
Post up, spin baseline with the and 1. Mid-range game. 

Melo is FILTHY in this game
sick.gif

Even if I'm %%!!!*% up with shots online I got other ways to score.

Durant goes in on here too

I think the reason a lot of you are missing open shots, layups, and shots right under the basket, is because one, every shot shouldn't be made, and two, your timing is off on the shot stick or the button press. Timing, momentum, and pace of game contributes a lot to success on the court in this game, which is one of the things I love most about it. You can't expect to make shots under the basket if there are defenders around, and if there isnt u shouldn't miss if u using the sticks right

Stop yelling

anyone got info on how to unlock all the Air Jordans? I can't find anything.

So far I got the I's, XV's, XVII's, XVIII's, XX1's and +$$$$$ team Jordans.

So far I got the I's, XV's, XVII's, XVIII's, XX1's and %+$%!# team Jordans.

So far I got the I's, XV's, XVII's, XVIII's, XX1's and ##@%!# team Jordans.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Stop yelling
roll.gif

yeah i just realized i was in all caps(Ye' mode) all day *kanye shrug*

Anyone predicting the price of this game dropping anytime soon (being a sports game)?  There have been too many games coming out lately...also got midterms...

someone else mentioned that you gotta just play & they are unlocked every 2hrs of game time.......

Man Roy Hibbert is a blocking beast in this game. I've had now 3 times 10 blocks in a game with him. And they are not some weak blocks but i mean he swats the ball in the stands or the other side of the court.

someone else mentioned that you gotta just play & they are unlocked every 2hrs of game time.......

Damn freal?.. Ive put in a decent amount of hours but i just keep getting wack Jumpmans and no Air Jordans... then again I've only been messing with My Player mode, maybe thats why?.. either way I am due for some dope #%@ J's.. my best pair are the XVI's

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

Just got 8000 skill points in 1 game
sick.gif
bout to add it to my 3 point shot and my dunk rating
devil.gif

eek.gif
how? was it a game with double points even still that's
pimp.gif

Game with double points I hit a milestone worth 1000

Back
Top Bottom