NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Been playing this game non stop for the last week.  Got 7 challenges done and working on the 91 Finals challenge right now.  Having a hard time getting the assists though cuz the rest of the Bulls are bums.  Anyone shot free throws with Cartwright?  LOL.  He sucks!

This came in the mail yesterday:

OK SO WHICH ONE OF YOU BOYS CHALLENGED ME LAST NIGHT & INITALLY PICKED THE LAKERS WHEN I GOT MY BULLS THEY RAN TO GET MIAMI & THEN MID-WAY THROUGH THE 1ST QUARTER(SCORE WAS 8-28 BULLS UP... WADE HAS 5 OF THIER 8 POINTS) & THEY TURN OFF THIER SYSTEM.......DONT CHALLENGE ME IF YOUR GONNA GET BUTHURT CUZ IM NOT LETING YOU CHEESE WITH LBJ & WADE THAT WAS VERY LAME YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.......

I've been giving dudes the business with the Wizards, John Wall is pretty much Derrick Rose on steroids
laugh.gif
, Blatche hits jumpers, Gilbert hits everything with that quick release and Javale grabs rebounds like crazy (they need to patch that though, its way too easy to rebound with 7 footers in this game)

Originally Posted by windycity7

OK SO WHICH ONE OF YOU BOYS CHALLENGED ME LAST NIGHT & INITALLY PICKED THE LAKERS WHEN I GOT MY BULLS THEY RAN TO GET MIAMI & THEN MID-WAY THROUGH THE 1ST QUARTER(SCORE WAS 8-28 BULLS UP... WADE HAS 5 OF THIER 8 POINTS) & THEY TURN OFF THIER SYSTEM.......DONT CHALLENGE ME IF YOUR GONNA GET BUTHURT CUZ IM NOT LETING YOU CHEESE WITH LBJ & WADE THAT WAS VERY LAME YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.......

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I've been giving dudes the business with the Wizards, John Wall is pretty much Derrick Rose on steroids
laugh.gif
, Blatche hits jumpers, Gilbert hits everything with that quick release and Javale grabs rebounds like crazy (they need to patch that though, its way too easy to rebound with 7 footers in this game)

nah you mean john wall is d. rose of 2k10 his shot is iffy at times & a couple misses throws his game off hard.....but this yr rose is 100% better the shot,the dunks,the dribble package,the floaters he's perfect(no hand tats tho).....(even tho the wiz is my #2 squad behind the bulls)

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

So I figured out on myplayer mode, if you put it on sim it causes the AI on your team to miss wide open shots

THANK YOU!!!!

will be adjusting that when i get home

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Guys who finished the Jordan challenge, what did you do to grab 9 boards in the utah series???

Stayed home and wasted my sunday playing the Jordan Challenges. it took me like 15 tries to beat the portland challenge. Jordan could not hit a 3 for the life of him. To stop Drexler I equipped Pippen with the III's, double teamed him and selected deny ball. Pippen kept him to 12 points the entire game. I spent a good part of the day trying to beat this challenge and was pissed when I didn't even get a shoe for completing it. What the FLIP!!!

I've unlocked the 2's, 3's, 9's 15's, 16's, 18's, 23's and the 2010. I also unlocked like 4 team Jordans. As I unlocked the shoes, I start lacing up the players with sneakers. Looks cool to see the various team colors (Jordans).

Karl Malone looks crazy with the 18's. He also gave me a whipping after I equipped him with them.
30t6p3b.gif

what do you do to unlock sig Jordans??
I won most of them simply playing the challenges. Sometimes I won a pair, other times I didn't win anything. After reading up on 2k's site, it basically said you unlock a shoe after 2 hours of playing; the clock is always running. 
So that's basically what I did. When I got hungry, I ate but left the PS3 on. I came back and played a 2 minute game and won a shoe immediately after finishing. I don't think it has to do with winning games because I've won the sig shoes by winning and loosing games. 

After playing 2 Jordan challenges, a new shoe would usually unlock.

yea i unlocked the VII's last night +3 on my 3's ....... thanks for the tip bro..... 1)turn ps3 on 2)go eat 3)come play a quick game & unlock some retro's

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I swear __ man.

Hate it when people don't take their beating.

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

So I figured out on myplayer mode, if you put it on sim it causes the AI on your team to miss wide open shots

No, don't do that. Then you will be playing a crazy/unrealistic game of basketball. Do what I did. I put the game on SIM, then I edited the sliders. Which I explained on the last page. The shooting (3PT) sliders are low on there, so that is why there are so many misses. Taking it off of SIM not only lowers the 3PT% but it makes the game legit. If you want an arcade game, put it on casual if you want.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

No, don't do that. Then you will be playing a crazy/unrealistic game of basketball. Do what I did. I put the game on SIM, then I edited the sliders. Which I explained on the last page. The shooting (3PT) sliders are low on there, so that is why there are so many misses. Taking it off of SIM not only lowers the 3PT% but it makes the game legit. If you want an arcade game, put it on casual if you want.
ohwell.gif

so the default sliders on sim for myplayer, are set really low?
i didnt read your entire post, i thought the sliders you posted where for association.
i play on 8 minutes quarters then moved up to 9 minutes, to try and balance out the scoring... but im still scoring a max of 80-85 ppg.
i mean its almost laughable, how open Aaron Brooks & Kevin Martin are and they miss 3's like crazy, and Yao missing bunnies in the lane.

so ima go home and adjust the sliders instead. Im 89 midrange and i miss some really really easy shots, and wide open 3's and my 3's are a 87, with the Pure J Jumpmans on.  

Any of you guys doing the My Player mode having trouble dunking? I must be the only 6'6 SG in the league who can't throw it down on the regular. I've upped his vertical into the 60's and dunk is at 56 right now I believe. Yet, maybe if he is WIDE OPEN he'll throw down a soft dunk. More often than not, it's a layup. What's up w/ that?

Any of you guys doing the My Player mode having trouble dunking? I must be the only 6'6 SG in the league who can't throw it down on the regular. I've upped his vertical into the 60's and dunk is at 56 right now I believe. Yet, maybe if he is WIDE OPEN he'll throw down a soft dunk. More often than not, it's a layup. What's up w/ that?

Originally Posted by airjzz

You answered your own question. Wide open = dunk. Why do you feel your player should be dunking in any traffic with a 56 dunk and vertical in the 60s?

so the default sliders on sim for myplayer, are set really low?
i didnt read your entire post, i thought the sliders you posted where for association.
i play on 8 minutes quarters then moved up to 9 minutes, to try and balance out the scoring... but im still scoring a max of 80-85 ppg.
i mean its almost laughable, how open Aaron Brooks & Kevin Martin are and they miss 3's like crazy, and Yao missing bunnies in the lane.

so ima go home and adjust the sliders instead. Im 89 midrange and i miss some really really easy shots, and wide open 3's and my 3's are a 87, with the Pure J Jumpmans on.   /
Turn the game on SIM, THEN adjust the sliders. If you don't do it in that order, the sliders will be over-written by the gameplay style. Set gameplay style, THEN set sliders. THe sldiers are for ALL modes.

gotta get in the 70 range for nastiness to startmy player is 6'7 & hes not dunking im right above you with the sp at 58

I guess I will try this adjusting the sliders thing..I just figured a guy who is 6'6 should be able to throw it down by default lol. Shouldn't need to spend a lotta points just to get him to stop doing pretty layups.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

They Got Rondo jumping like VC in 01....
laugh.gif
Don't know about that but he will catch one of the bigs if your sleeping and not positioned right or help late.

I can wait, I told myself I won't buy 2K11 until at the earliest, Feb. That way I won't have to wait for patches plus it gives me plenty of time to play out my association.

i went to pg 1 by mistake & had to quote this
roll.gif
by feb ads for elite 11 will be starting
roll.gif

Keithdajuiceman wrote:

ohwell.gif

When I put the settings on default the game seem more real, every game I played last night was very close like overtime close my teammates were hitting their open shots....but is it better leave on sim and increase slides ?

gotta get in the 70 range for nastiness to start

my player is 6'7 & hes not dunking im right above you with the sp at 58

His vertical ain't high enough I was ducking with a 50 rating but my vertical was damn near 80 I have a 6'4 pg

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

They Got Rondo jumping like VC in 01....
laugh.gif
Don't know about that but he will catch one of the bigs if your sleeping and not positioned right or help late.
Lol, yeah I exaggerated much... But still, I'm tired of buddy dunking on my 4's and 5's and I'm tired of KG hitting shots like my defense is horrible
sick.gif

What are you guys ratings overrall in the My player mode? I am at 55 right now and not sure if I am at a good pace or not. I am 16 games in and starting SG for the Pacers.

I find it funny most reviews I have seen hate the My Player mode...I am straight hooked on it. I bought the game for Jordan specifically and haven't even touched his mode. When I heard the crowd chant my name in My Player mode I fell in love
laugh.gif

I guess I will try this adjusting the sliders thing..I just figured a guy who is 6'6 should be able to throw it down by default lol. Shouldn't need to spend a lotta points just to get him to stop doing pretty layups.
It has nothing to do with height. It is all about the dunk RATING. I can make a 7'6 player and if he has a 25 dunk rating, he won't dunk. Unrealistic, I know but as long as there is a dunk rating, that is what will happen.

When I put the settings on default the game seem more real, every game I played last night was very close like overtime close my teammates were hitting their open shots....but is it better leave on sim and increase slides ?
Making open shots is only ONE aspect of the game. There is no way default is a more real game. But if that is how you feel. But there is no way you can honestly tell me default is a more realistic brand of basketball.

Lol, yeah I exaggerated much... But still, I'm tired of buddy dunking on my 4's and 5's and I'm tired of KG hitting shots like my defense is horrible
sick.gif
Blame the crappy ratings that 2K puts out.

I can wait, I told myself I won't buy 2K11 until at the earliest, Feb. That way I won't have to wait for patches plus it gives me plenty of time to play out my association.

i went to pg 1 by mistake & had to quote this
roll.gif
by feb ads for elite 11 will be starting
roll.gif
embarassed.gif
I fell for the hype.

Back
Top Bottom