NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

smh.gif
at Durant only being 88 OVR. Should be at least 91-92, IMO

Until you see
A. What everyone else is rated
B. What Durant's INDIVIDUAL attributes read

Don't comment on what his overall SHOULD be. What if him at an 88 makes him the 4th best player in the game, would you still complain about it? What is the best (LeBron) is rated a 92 and that is the highest, would Durant's 88 still make you
eyes.gif
?

You have to think about these things.
Calm down

laugh.gif
dude is WAAAAY too serious.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

AdobeCS4 said:

smh.gif

Until you see

Don't comment on what his overall SHOULD be. What if him at an 88 makes him the 4th best player in the game, would you still complain about it? What is the best (LeBron) is rated a 92 and that is the highest, would Durant's 88 still make you
eyes.gif
?

Calm down

laugh.gif
No he's not. This is NBA 2K11!!!!!!!!!!! Not a video game, not even a sports simulation...... It's NBA 2Kmother %*+#$#+ 11. Yes it is serious.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

smh.gif

Until you see

eyes.gif
?

Calm down

laugh.gif

No he's not. This is NBA 2K11!!!!!!!!!!! Not a video game, not even a sports simulation...... It's NBA 2K11. Yes it is serious.
roll.gif

happy.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

there's a difference when doing a dunk IN-GAME vs dunk contest.

now, i'm not saying he couldn't do it in-game, but it's highly unlikely he would even attempt it unless it was the 1st play of the game. but even then, do you even know how hard it is to jump from 15 feet?

Thanks man.

But yea I take this serious. I know it is a video game but it is a representation of the real thing. Don't like to see folks act out of character.

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

so how would you rate mj?

id like to see your ratings on mj dc 
Rating Mike. Keep in mind that we will see different variations of Jordan. So depending on the YEAR, gives me an idea what I am working with. I don't GIVE him anything. I give him what he earns based on the formulas I use in my database. He will NOT be a 99 because he isn't PERFECT across the board.

Dunking: I usually make my MAX dunk rating a 90 because anything above that just gets too ridiculous in terms of dunking in traffic over multiple defenders.

If I have an X by the category, it means I need to figure out the new ratings system and how ratings correlate with shot % output. But I am basing everything off of the 2K10 spreadsheet that I have. It will be tough to do inside/close/mid range because I don't have those figures for him the way I have access to stats for today's players from those shooting zones.

Everything is based on tested formulas that provide for the combination best gameplay and simmed stats during season/association mode. So EVERYONE will be held to the same standards. So if you wonder why some of his categories are so low, I am just giving him what the sheet spit out to me. But I am pretty sure he wouldn't come out to a 99.

The physical attributes, dunks, layups, vertical, etc, are based on my opinion so you can feel free to attack those.

Jordan 97/98
Inside: X
Close: X
Mid: X
3PT: 60 (24%)
FT: 78
Ball Security: X
Hands: X
Handles: 80
Off Hand Dribbling: 75
Passing: 45
Strength: 47
Blocks: 36
Steals: 58
OReb: 40
DReb: 43
Stamina: 91

Dunks: 75
Standing Dunk: 50
Layup: 90
Off Aware: 99
Def Aware: 95
Off Clutch: 99
Def Clutch: 99
COnsistency: X
Vertical: 75
Speed: 80
Quickness: 85 (I usually give great defenders and extra boost in this category)
Hustle: 95
Durability: X
Potential: 99

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by amel223

Vince Carter has done a 2 handed free throw dunk on a fast break before in real life.  So Michael Jordan can't do it in a video game?
If there was a Vintage VC dunk package and this game was 2K1, then I wouldn't have an issue with Vince doing it in a game.

But MIKE, has NEVER did it in a game, so I have an issue with it.

See my point?

Just because MJ has never done it, doesn't mean that it wasn't within his ability. 

Judging from your other posts you sound too anal about realism. 

now, i'm not saying he couldn't do it in-game, but it's highly unlikely he would even attempt it unless it was the 1st play of the game. but even then, do you even know how hard it is to jump from 15 feet?

Dr. J has done it.  Vince Carter.  Lebron James.  All have done it in game, albeit stepping on the line.  You don't think MJ couldn't have done it?  Do you know how many aerial stunts he has pulled in traffic with his feet maybe a foot inside the ft line?

You all keep saying folks have done it but haven't provided ANY video proof. Show us these people dunking FROM the FT Line. Not in FRONT of it.

Who denied that Jordan COULD do it? I don't think anyone has said that he couldn't do it. It just isn't a dunk that should be in game seeing how he did it in the dunk contest. Point blank.

VC and LeBron have NOT done it in game. stepping on the line doesn't count.

amel223, do you know how hard it is to jump from 15 feet? especially during all that wear during a game that's put on your body? like i said, unless it's the first play of the game, IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN no matter what.

i've dunked many times in my life. when i'm havin fun with my buddys, it's easy as hell. once i'm in a game, i don't jump as high unless i'm fresh off the bench or something. it's the same thing for these athletes, i may not be as athletic, but running up and down the court has some sort of toll on their bodies no matter how good your conditioning is.

Demo on next Tuesday
pimp.gif
Don't have to work, guess I'll just keep playing it til the UPS guy brings me Halo Reach. Hurry up Oct.

I agree with DC.

why add something that has never been done? Jordan wasn't even the originator of that dunk. Dunk Contest dunk only! Just like the Eastbay Jam...
everything else is fine with a clear path of course.

Thanks man.

But yea I take this serious. I know it is a video game but it is a representation of the real thing. Don't like to see folks act out of character.
thats why we have NBA Jam 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

but dam DC, you'd give 97-98 Jordan a dunk rating of 75? i thought he'd at least get a 78-80. that boy still had hops, just not anything spectacular anymore. he could still bring it down on defenders though

Originally Posted by hella handsome

but dam DC, you'd give 97-98 Jordan a dunk rating of 75? i thought he'd at least get a 78-80. that boy still had hops, just not anything spectacular anymore. he could still bring it down on defenders though
Knowing what I know about 2K dunk rating system, a 75 would be enough. He would still be about to get his man above the rim. Trust me. As I said, I usually max out my rosters at a 90 or an 85 for the highest dunk rating. By then, Mike was a little more grounded than previous years but yes he still had something. So I would give him a 75.

If I have an X by the category, it means I need to figure out the new ratings system and how ratings correlate with shot % output. But I am basing everything off of the 2K10 spreadsheet that I have. It will be tough to do inside/close/mid range because I don't have those figures for him the way I have access to stats for today's players from those shooting zones.

Everything is based on tested formulas that provide for the combination best gameplay and simmed stats during season/association mode. So EVERYONE will be held to the same standards. So if you wonder why some of his categories are so low, I am just giving him what the sheet spit out to me. But I am pretty sure he wouldn't come out to a 99.

The physical attributes, dunks, layups, vertical, etc, are based on my opinion so you can feel free to attack those.

Jordan 97/98
Inside: X
Close: X
Mid: X
3PT: 60 (24%)
FT: 78
Ball Security: X
Hands: X
Handles: 80
Off Hand Dribbling: 75
Passing: 45
Strength: 47
Blocks: 36
Steals: 58
OReb: 40
DReb: 43
Stamina: 91

Dunks: 75
Standing Dunk: 50
Layup: 90
Off Aware: 99
Def Aware: 95
Off Clutch: 99
Def Clutch: 99
COnsistency: X
Vertical: 75
Speed: 80
Quickness: 85 (I usually give great defenders and extra boost in this category)
Hustle: 95
Durability: X
Potential: 99

so what did this make his overall rating?

and while we're at it i'd like to see your overall ratings for a couple other cats.

jordan 1992-93

jordan 1995-96

lebron james 2010-11

kobe byrant 2010-11

just to see what kind of context the mj ratings are in.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

true true
edit: damn after watching those videos, i really see what you mean. 

WONDER WHAT J.R SMITH WILL BE RATED CUZ IN 2K10 HE WAS DAMN NEAR UNSTOPPABLE

Back
Top Bottom