NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

To be fair, I think more people don't care about realism. They just want to have fun and play the game. Folks that want realism are the vast minority. Harsh reality but it is true.

Vince Carter has done a 2 handed free throw dunk on a fast break before in real life.  So Michael Jordan can't do it in a video game?

Originally Posted by amel223

Vince Carter has done a 2 handed free throw dunk on a fast break before in real life.  So Michael Jordan can't do it in a video game?
If there was a Vintage VC dunk package and this game was 2K1, then I wouldn't have an issue with Vince doing it in a game.

But MIKE, has NEVER did it in a game, so I have an issue with it.

See my point?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

To be fair, I think more people don't care about realism. They just want to have fun and play the game. Folks that want realism are the vast minority. Harsh reality but it is true.

Exactly.  With that being said, we can't get mad because they did include some UNrealistic things in the game.  If you like simulation, as I do, just enjoy that part of the game.  Let everyone else enjoy the the arcadish part of the game. 

smh.gif
at Durant only being 88 OVR. Should be at least 91-92, IMO

If you're gonna call it Sim, make it authentic.  

Throw in preset Arcade sliders for the "fun" cats, everybody's happy.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

smh.gif

Until you see
A. What everyone else is rated
B. What Durant's INDIVIDUAL attributes read

Don't comment on what his overall SHOULD be. What if him at an 88 makes him the 4th best player in the game, would you still complain about it? What is the best (LeBron) is rated a 92 and that is the highest, would Durant's 88 still make you
eyes.gif
?

You have to think about these things.

smh.gif

Until you see

Don't comment on what his overall SHOULD be. What if him at an 88 makes him the 4th best player in the game, would you still complain about it? What is the best (LeBron) is rated a 92 and that is the highest, would Durant's 88 still make you
eyes.gif
?

Calm down

smh.gif

Until you see

eyes.gif
?

This.  It was like this last year when everyone had low ratings... I'm waiting for that entire list that comes out close to release.  I am just praying Rose developed a better perimeter shot.

smh.gif

Until you see

eyes.gif
?

Calm down
So because I explained something to you means I am not calm? Right. Take that mess somewhere else.

laugh.gif

DC's right though, no point in complaining about Durant's rating when you can't compare it relative to other players.

The only people I think who'll be rated higher than  Durant are Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Dwight, and maye Melo.

I'm pretty sure that Durant rating is from 2k10, when they showed the playbook in the video they were showing the difference between 2k10 and 11

Actually I only compare people to players of their same position. I tend to ignore overall ratings though. Melo and Bron are the only SFs that can possibly have a higher overall than Durant. Even though I think Durant will out rate Melo.

And Mets is right, that was his 2K10 rating.

i actually like 2Ks (new) rating system.. example: an 88 rated KD vs a 91 rated D12 doesnt really mean anything offense-wise since KDs shooting attributes will probably be sky high.. especially compared to someone like Dwight

See if you FAIRLY rate everyone CORRECTLY then nobody would be a 99. Not even Jordan. Hell, after I re-rate Jordan, people probably would be mad at me because I rated him too low. I don't GIVE anyone an overall rating. I give them whatever the numbers spit out.

That is why I have an issue with the way 2K Insider works. He works backwards. He determines what he wants a player's overall to be, THEN he does each individual attribute. It should be the other way around. If Dirk comes out to a 79 because he is a poor defensive player and average rebounder, then don't boost his rebounding and defense just so his overall reaches an 84.

If there was a Vintage VC dunk package and this game was 2K1, then I wouldn't have an issue with Vince doing it in a game.

But MIKE, has NEVER did it in a game, so I have an issue with it.

See my point?

Just because MJ has never done it, doesn't mean that it wasn't within his ability. 

Judging from your other posts you sound too anal about realism. 

I'm hoping they havent done the ratings yet and those are just from last year or something.

Originally Posted by NYMETS207

I'm pretty sure that Durant rating is from 2k10, when they showed the playbook in the video they were showing the difference between 2k10 and 11
This.

Don't they still have the feature with the live player ratings updates anyway? Why would his initial rating really matter?

Don't they still have the feature with the live player ratings updates anyway? Why would his initial rating really matter?

Just because MJ has never done it, doesn't mean that it wasn't within his ability. 

Judging from your other posts you sound too anal about realism. 
Not about what you CAN do. It is about what you actually perform. Based on that logic, we should see a boatloat of fishy stuff flying in 2K.

Joel Anthony can perform a windmill, but does it have any place in 2K? I think not. So why should MJ be able to perform a FT Line dunk in a game if he has NEVER did it?

I am very anal (No Dallas QB) when it comes to dunk realism.

Originally Posted by proper english

i actually like 2Ks (new) rating system.. example: an 88 rated KD vs a 91 rated D12 doesnt really mean anything offense-wise since KDs shooting attributes will probably be sky high.. especially compared to someone like Dwight
I have been lobbying for YEARS for them to just not have overall ratings. Only have an offense, defense, and rebounding rating. Much like they show on the Roster Management screen in the top right hand corner.

But they said the casual users need to see overall ratings.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom