NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by thapointguy

eh I played Live10 after playing the demo. I can't get use to the controls. Is the fake pass button necessary?! What a waste of a button.
Why is it a waste of a button?

the fake pass could be incorporated into the pass button by quick tap or long press and use that button for spin move.

I'm an advocate of the isomotion being on the analog. It actually requires skill to pull off something. Not just pressing one button for a spin move or a crossover.

the fake pass could be incorporated into the pass button by quick tap or long press and use that button for spin move.
I thought about making it a TAP as well. I personally prefer the B button to remain as the "Call for a Screen" button. Spin Move? Maybe for people that don't use the Default Controls. Why would they put a spin move on a face button if they have ever other dribbling move on the sticks? (Default)

I'm probably gonna be able to get my hands on some retail copies 1-2 weeks ahead of release, get at me if your interested.

I am really enjoying the demo, they gameplay feels more fluid and responsive.

It's gonna take me a minute to get use to the new controls; I couldn't pull off a any advanced dribble moves (crossover, behind the back) to save my life

Kobe's momentum fadeaways are a thing of beauty.
pimp.gif

It sucks that you can only use the Lakers though.
eyes.gif

FYI there is a way to call plays in the demo.

Via Operation Sports:

Once most of your players are past half court tap LB/L1 and then quickly follow that up by pressing the icon of the player you want to run the play for. For example, Kobe Bryant would be B or O. So initially, tap LB/L1 and then quickly tap B/O. A red circle will be under the player of choice, Kobe in this case. You will now need to press another face button (A,B,X,Y/X,O,Triangle,Square) to initiate a play. If done correctly, play art will show up on the court.

Did anyone do these "Flick Flick" moves Mike Wang was talking about in the following quote?

Anyone try the "flick flick" moves yet? They're some of my favorite shots.

Hold LT, flick the Shot Stick and let it return to neutral (like a pumpfake), then flick and hold it again before the pumpfake ends. You get different shots depending on your movement, facing, distance, and direction of your flicks.

If you're having trouble getting your passes picked, Total Control Passing will allow you to move your receivers around wherever you want. Unfortunately, it's disabled by default so you'll have to enable it when you pick up the full version. Personally, I can't play without it.

Too bad you guys can't change the diff. and game style... it changes the experience pretty drastically.

And just a reminder:

Shooting the Ball
As many of you know, shot control is one of the things I’m most passionate about when it comes to my virtual hoops. And I’m proud to say that NBA 2K11 got a huge upgrade in that regard. When we introduced the Shot Stick back in NBA 2K6 it was one of the best innovations of its time. Unfortunately, over the years, the Shot Stick hasn’t seen a whole lot of upgrades. That all changes this year.

The first thing we did was re-map the dunks, as we felt Basic, Flashy, and Power had way too much overlap. Now, the categories are:
  • Straight = Normal/Signature dunk
  • Left = Hop/Euro Step dunk
  • Right = Rim Hang dunk
  • Away = Spin dunk (in traffic) or Reverse dunk (on a breakaway)
  • Twirl = 360 in air dunk (for the few guys that can do them)
We’ve also doubled our layup types:
  • Shot Modifier + Straight = Euro Step or Fake Pass (think Rondo) Layup
  • Shot Modifier + Left = Hop Step left layup
  • Shot Modifier + Right = Hop Step right layup
  • Shot Modifier + Away = Spin layup
The nice thing about the longer gather to finish sequences is that you can branch them prior to takeoff. So let’s say you see a seam in the defense and trigger a hop step layup through the gap. If you beat the first defender with the hop and have open space to finish, just let the rest of the layup play out. But if you see help rotate over to beat up your shot, you can quickly neutral the Shot Stick, and re-issue a new command before the hop step finishes and switch your layup to the other side. It’s a nice tool for the offense and makes attacking the basket more of a twitch game.

Momentum jumpers also got some love. Like last year’s drifters, these play when you’re driving across the basket and are useful for creating space against the onball defender. These shots are also interruptible. So you can trigger the shot animation and neutral out the Shot Stick before your player gets off the ground for a pumpfake. I love doing this against overzealous defenders looking for a highlight block. Hit the brakes and they fly right by:
  • Shot Stick with momentum = Drifter
  • Shot Stick away from rim = Stepback jumper
  • Shot Stick opposite your momentum = Spin jumper (Lebron uses this all the time IRL)
We’ve also given you the ability to perform Kobe’s reverse pivot, Hakeem’s dream shake, Rondo’s ball fake, and various up and under type moves on demand. When you hold the Shot Modifier (LT for 360 and L2 for PS3), flicking the Shot Stick for a pump fake will initiate the first part of the move - the type of move you get is based on the direction you flick your stick and the context of your movement. This gives you a second to read the defense and see if he bites on your fake. Flick and hold the Shot Stick again and you’ll complete the second part of the move. It’s a fun read and react mini-game which allows for some nice highlight moments.

Originally Posted by proper english

is it possible to do a moving fake pass?.. i dont like that it takes me off the dribble 
nerd.gif
Explain to me why a fake pass shouldn't kill your dribble?

Yes you can perform fake passes that lead to layups. IE.........the fake behind the back by Rondo.

laugh.gif
yea, thats what i meant.. but is it a canned animation? i was trying to do it w/ Kobe for the longest time. 
something like this: 

btw, im really liking the fact that the CPU is able to pick passes like crazy (atleast in the demo) 
pimp.gif

They should fix the last names on every players jerseys. Letterings are too narrow. Also how do u hard foul on PS3?

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

They should fix the last names on every players jerseys. Letterings are too narrow. Also how do u hard foul on PS3?
Someone just explained a few posts above you.
laugh.gif

Only thing I didn't like about posting up was, when I used Pau or Bynum eventually the defender would fall. When I turned in to dunk, whoever I was using would actually go away from the basket which would lead to a turnover or a bad position (sometimes back out on the key).

I thought about making it a TAP as well. I personally prefer the B button to remain as the "Call for a Screen" button.
Me too but it's no biggie. I wanna use the C's but oh well....
ohwell.gif

Demo is good though.
happy.gif

Halftime Show video looks nice
pimp.gif

FYI it's more in depth for Association mode so hopefully that means highlights of other games that would be
eek.gif

So, i've done the Kobe signature move using the shot button a couple times now.. is that mean shot button = random? ...i dont remember pulling that move off quite often in 2k10..

Kobe is a beast
eek.gif
dude can knocked down jumpers even with 3 defenders on him..

I actually initiated the call play but as soon as i realized the red circle under Pau i was too late to go to the right spot..
laugh.gif

I'm loving the demo man.. and you actually need to be a SMART passer or else it'll get deflected almost everytime..

I thought about making it a TAP as well. I personally prefer the B button to remain as the "Call for a Screen" button. Spin Move? Maybe for people that don't use the Default Controls. Why would they put a spin move on a face button if they have ever other dribbling move on the sticks? (Default)
Call for screen would be good too ala Live10. I didn't know how to do the spin move so I figure a spin button would be helpful.

Alal Live? You could call for a screen in 2K10/2K9 as well by pressing the B button.

Kobe is crazy on this demo. Remember it is on PRO so yea. LOL.

I probably won't play the demo much longer. Bored with it already.

I wonder if we will get fluctuating attendance numbers for each team. Notice they show the attendance at the beginning of the intro?

I am also interested in seeing the Halftime Show for association games.

I wonder if we will get fluctuating attendance numbers for each team. Notice they show the attendance at the beginning of the intro?
1st thing i thought about when i saw it

I honestly don't see how the demo can't impress you. The game just feels completely different from 2k10. 
A lot of realism and its going to actually take skill to win games.

Originally Posted by windycity7

1st thing i thought about when i saw it

what I want to know is that if its like a game such as

Memphis Grizz (Home) vs Toronto Raptors (away)

and we see an attendance of like 8000 (i dont know what actual numbers are), are we actually going to see an empty arena, or are we just gonna get random numbers, and no matter what the number is, the crowd is gonna be packed

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I honestly don't see how the demo can't impress you. The game just feels completely different from 2k10. 

this.. dudes are just mad cuz they racked up 8 TOs in a 4min quarter 
laugh.gif

I was forced out of bounds after I grabbed a rebound thanks to the two player animations on two separate occasions.

Other than that the gameplay is good. Now to wait for the Elite demo.

salty cheesers basically the demo looked great

salty cheesers basically the demo looked great

hey does anyone have any extra 48 hr pass for xbox live?

my account just expired and i want to download this demo and demo for FIFA 11 if possible.

can someone hook me up with a pm.

Back
Top Bottom