NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Presentation
By: 2K Admin Ron | Wednesday September 15 2010
Hey yo,
DDP here. Time for a breakdown on some of the Presentation elements for NBA 2K11.

I’ll break this up into 2 categories:

Subtle Additions -or- What the community likes to call ‘The Little Things’
Not So Subtle Additions -or- Major changes and additions

We’ll talk about the major changes and additions first...

Pregame Opening Presentation

The dev team watched a ton of NBA games and focused on some of the more interesting approaches TV Broadcasts take to kick off their shows and worked them into our game presentation flow. I won’t spoil all of the different openings, but, ‘oh say can you see’ these pics below to get an idea. What I will tell you is that we have different types of opening sequences. Some take place inside the arena and some take place outside of the arena.

63085_10150281792590305_221292025304_14586277_144971_n.jpg

58967_10150281792715305_221292025304_14586285_932088_n.jpg

58967_10150281792690305_221292025304_14586280_3948682_n.jpg

58967_10150281792700305_221292025304_14586282_7031118_n.jpg

Dynamic Attendance
Have you ever noticed that at a Lakers home game, during tip-off, the seats aren’t quite filled yet? As if half the ticket holders are stuck in 405 during rush hour.

NBA2K Gamer: Did you guys add this to NBA 2K11?
DDP: Yessir

Well, when you tip with Bynum come NBA 2K11, expect to see a couple of empty seats that won’t be filled until half way through the 1st Quarter. And this doesn’t just happen in LA, it happens in pretty much every city. We took attendance numbers and watched a lot of footage from every team in the NBA to make sure the numbers were as accurate as possible. Depending on which city the game is being played in, and who the players on the scheduled road team are, the arena may or may not be at full capacity at the start of the game. Over the course of the game, the arena will fill to its capacity at different rates..

This is initially what you will see for example:

58967_10150281792705305_221292025304_14586283_7717047_n.jpg

Nets @ Bobcats – It is pretty obvious at tip-off that a good chunk of the crowd doesn’t seem to mind being late. Over the course of the first quarter, the crowd will filter in and fill most of the empty seats.

58967_10150281792710305_221292025304_14586284_626072_n.jpg

Heat @ Bobcats – At tip-off you notice that most of the crowd has made the effort to get to the game on time. Maybe traffic wasn’t as bad or maybe people came to see a certain Big Three?

Also, check out the arena at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to notice that some of the crowd takes its sweet time getting back to their seats. If you’ve ever been to an NBA game in person, you know that the lines for EVERYTHING (bathrooms, concession stands, etc…) can take a while so we thought it would be cool to represent this in the game. And if you are the unfortunate victim of a stomping on your home court, don’t wait for our NBA2K11 crowd to stick around for triple zeros.

This is just a basic overview of the Dynamic Attendance feature. Look for Erick Boenisch to go into more detail about how this works in The Association. It’s pretty cool.

New Scorebug Design
The home base of every sports broadcast is the ‘scorebug’. Like the dashboard of your car, this continually displays the core data for the game. Our new scorebug not only keeps you informed, much like a broadcast, but it also gives a heads up if you’re turning the ball over too much, committing too many fouls, and more!!. It also simply let’s you know who’s currently on the floor.

This was actually the first change we made to the game. Eeyup, I can recall that day. We moved the scorebug from its old position at the top/center of the screen to the bottom/right of the screen. This accomplished 2 key things:

1) From a visual standpoint, it just makes the game look more like an actual broadcast.
2) It opened up the ability for changes to the default camera system (see below).

Once the position was established, a lot of polish went in to what is displayed and how it’s displayed. From “the little things

On a sidenote, I didn't know Diamond Dallas Page was a 2k producer.
eek.gif

laugh.gif

I was pleased with the smoothness of the Demo and the overall play

but after reading that latest bit, I'm really amped

pimp.gif
Damn 2k bringing it this year. 
Having a hard time embedding on my phone, but heres a video of the new commercial with RW, Iggy, Rose, Rondo and JSmoove

was that review nasty or was it nasty

cant wait for 2k11......im going to drop like 1/2 on it tomorrow

all i ask for is an online menu like 2k9 had and the ability to set up your rosters.

so far the game play is smooth, but i did feel some cheese moves already

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

After playing this I'll be picking up NBA Elite

get prepared for Carlos boozer taking off from the free-throw line and making half court dunks! 

Originally Posted by marion706

get prepared for Carlos boozer taking off from the free-throw line and making half court dunks! 

You can't possibly think that elite is even gonna be half as good as 2k. Like dude said,Boozer taking off from the free throw line and just unrealistic. 2k11 DEMO probably>Elite GAME

loved the demo, pickin this up earlier than release date

mom n pop stores ftw!!!!

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by marion706

You can't possibly think that elite is even gonna be half as good as 2k. Like dude said,Boozer taking off from the free throw line and just unrealistic. 2k11 DEMO probably>Elite GAME

You won't possibly believe that they addressed that issue!
eek.gif

haters gon' hate.

Back
Top Bottom