NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by presequel

how do you start a career with mj as a rookie? i think i read that you could.

you have to beat all ten Jordan challenges I believe

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Just dogged the hell out of Steph Curry with My Player. Faked a 3, drove baseline, spun and yammed it with two hands on him. NUTS ON HIS FOREHEAD AND EVERYTHING. Can't stop me little Stephanie. Had to pause the game and Harlem Shake for a few seconds
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I spun on Tyreke with Flynn and jammed it on Cousins like a center i sat there like
eek.gif
laugh.gif
you can't be serious.

This game is too dope much better than last year. When they called a illegal pick I started too laugh. I can stop anyone at this point dudes are just going by me like crazy. The only thing I'm getting used to is the fake pass button I don't really use it I just tap it because I keep thinking its the pick and roll. And not being able to get out of the playcall menu is
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

I'm addicted to myplayer, I played 1 online game and trashed some guy
How many games in are you? I'm about 40 games in smfh. I got it last Tuesday...but still.
laugh.gif

Gamespot giving 2k11 an 8.0 out of 10 "Replaying Michael Jordan's best games isn't much fun."
sick.gif
sick.gif
They gave Live 10 a better score than 2K10 last year,give Madden an 8.0 or higher each year and even gave fifa 11 which was largely unchanged from fifa 10 a 9.0,They have always been on EA's jock and they know NOTHING about sport games. If you guys are holding out on buying the game for the reviews,only one that matters is the Operation Sports one "Not only has the 2K Basketball team completed a master piece of a game, they've also managed to create perhaps the best sports game not only of this generation, but of all time"  These guys know what they're talking about when it comes to sports games.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the passing is really starting to get me frustrated. It seems like every pass is a turnover.

Just finished The Jordan Challenge. The 91 NBA Finals was probably the hardest one for me. James Worthy and Byron Scott could not be stopped whatsoever and Vlade would always clean up the boards...

JR Smith is still Jesus in this game
pimp.gif

I just had a nice block with Birdman and he did his trademark celebration afterwards
pimp.gif
(I wonder if they have Mutombo's finger wag?)

Originally Posted by Truballa101

can someone instruct me on how to "lead" pass? anyone?
for 360.
Whichever direction on the Left Stick you are holding when you make a pass (diagonals included) is the direction in which the receiver will move to receive the pass. You probably already do it but didn't know the name of it. Everyone knew how to lead pass into the paint in 2K10, I am sure you know as well.

Originally Posted by useref15

the passing is really starting to get me frustrated. It seems like every pass is a turnover.

And also remember, WE ALL have picked up bad habits from past basketball games. Habits that are not reflective of the game of basketball.

A few tips with the passing.

1. Try not to pass the ball to the opposite direction in which your player is driving. This was practically an automatic turnover in 2K10
2. Know WHO you are passing the ball with. Passing ratings matter this year.
3. Distance matters as well.
4. Cross court passes, don't try them this year.
5. If you see the defense right THERE, don't throw the ball to the man and get mad at the game. Either dribble to put yourself in a better passing angle or don't throw the pass. Or you could always lead pass him AWAY from the defender.
6. When feeding the postman on the block, make the pass from the wing or the corner. Don't make the pass from the top of the key. Not a good passing angle.

Have you guys DL'd any good sliders for the game?

I started myPlayer and forgot about the sliders and the rest of the settings. I got drafted by the Wizards as a PG and play with John Wall...May have to start over.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

I (my player mode)absolutely MURDERED John Wall earlier. Crossed him up to start, had him on my hip, spun, drop stepped and absolutely smashed one all over him.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Just dogged the hell out of Steph Curry with My Player. Faked a 3, drove baseline, spun and yammed it with two hands on him.
Enjoy the cheese while you can fellas. It will be patched and you won't be able to use that exploit move

Damn, I had a $20 video game gift card credit when I ordered Halo Reach from Amazon (game sucks) and used it on 2K, so I basically got 2K for $39.99 with release day shipping (got here at 9:30am on release day) Then today, Amazon just refunded me $6 for a price adjustment they did, so I paid $34 for this game that gonna last me a good year.

Back
Top Bottom