• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Steph got off extremely light for that 2016 debacle, he should have been slandered to the high heavens all summer, but the euphoria from Bron bringing the 1st ever title to Cleveland & subsequently KD joining GS allowed him to skate. KD took all the bullets that summer when in reality Steph had his 2011 vs DAL moment that series. He went 3-16 last finals in a game and not a peep. Must be nice to be that insulated.

Coming from a fan of a garbage *** team. Shut up.

Lebron
3 rings
3 FMVP
4 MVP
12 All-NBA 1st team
2 All-NBA 2nd team
1 All-NBA 3rd team
5 NBA All-Defensive 1st team
1 NBA All-Defensive 2nd team
1 Scoring Champion
ROY

Magic
5 rings
3 FMVP
3 MVP
9 All-NBA 1st team
1 All-NBA 2nd team
4 NBA Assists leader
2 NBA Steals leader
ROY

They are same tier, but Magic is ahead by about 1 ring

Magic’s career was cut short from HIV

Magic is an NCAA Champ

Lebron came out of HS

Lebron will end up higher in all-time scoring

Magic is ahead in all-time assists

It’s close

So in one word

YES

Wrong. LeBron would dominate Magic.

Magic wasn’t a scorer
Can’t play 1 on 1

Yes Bron would kill him 1 on 1

But in terms of their impact on their teams in their specific eras, it’s a good debate. Pretty close imo

Steph got off extremely light for that 2016 debacle, he should have been slandered to the high heavens all summer, but the euphoria from Bron bringing the 1st ever title to Cleveland & subsequently KD joining GS allowed him to skate. KD took all the bullets that summer when in reality Steph had his 2011 vs DAL moment that series. He went 3-16 last finals in a game and not a peep. Must be nice to be that insulated.
Kobe had 2011 vs. Mavs moments the whole series against the pistons in 04.

If we’re keeping it real, I’m not sure Steph has passed Kobe

And no one hates Kobe more than I do

Kobe is in the top 11-15 goat range and Curry is probably behind him

Kobe had a 15 year stretch that not many have come close to. Year 3 to Year 17. Longevity and consistency was his differentiator imo

Need to see how Steph does over the next 5 or so years
Kobe has 8 more All-NBA 1st teams than him and 2 more rings and 2 more fmvps, 1 more scoring champ, and a bunch of defensive accolades.

Steph had 1 more mvp

I doubt Steph ever passes Kobe.

I’d be really hard.

Steph already 31

Kobe had a 15 year stretch that not many have come close to. Year 3 to Year 17. Longevity and consistency was his differentiator imo

Need to see how Steph does over the next 5 or so years

It's only been rivaled by Bron, Timmy and Kareem from that standpoint.MJ and Magic just didn't play long enough at their primes.

Last edited:
Nah. After he gets his 4th, he's top 10.

Kobe has 5

Yet, to you, is not top 10.

Not sure where he ends up all-time but this Finals is lowkey critical to Steph’s legacy. Not sure what the Warriors look like going forward and the narrative will be him going 3-2 in the Finals with the two losses being because “he got clamped up by KLove in the final possession of Game 7 in 2016” and “he didn’t step up like an all-time great would when his teammates got hurt and he had to shoulder the load”

You really hate to see it.

Reactions: MVP
All of those lists have Bron over Magic. The ESPN list has Oscar Robertson ahead of Kobe when Kobe has more accolades, you can't even stick by your own criteria :lol:
Yet, to you, is not top 10. Who are these 10 players above kobe?
I made all those lists?

I’m just showing you that it’s widely regarded that Kobe is in fact NOT top 10

Not just in my opinion.

But by professional sports journalists who work for highly respected publications

Personally I have Magic a hair over Lebron, but Lebron might catch him

They are in the same tier

But also it’s a longshot that Steph ever passes Kobe.

What is the general consensus on Steph not winning the 2015 FMVP? Man averaged 26/5/6 with 1.8 steals on 44/39/89 splits to Iggy’s 16/5/4 with 1.3 steals on 52/40/35 splits. I mean, I can appreciate the defensive effort on Bron but he still averaged 36/13/9 :lol: . That one’s a lil fishy IMO

Back
Top Bottom