NBA's Overt Technical Fouls. Will it hurt the Game?

don't like it....they'll use it against the avg players but not the superstars and its a way for stern to rig games...

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

don't like it....they'll use it against the avg players but not the superstars and its a way for stern to rig games...

true statement that ref wrote a book talkin bout how especially playoff games are rig

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

true statement that ref wrote a book talkin bout how especially playoff games are rig

3rd personal foul

*achoo*

*Tech whistle*

"I just sneezed %*@!"

*2nd tech*

"ejected! %!@%!"

Seriously though, witnessing Kevin Martin get a tech for cursing his own mistake was completely asinine.

Also, get some of these players some cork because teeth grinding is coming back big.

3rd personal foul

*achoo*

*Tech whistle*

"I just sneezed %*@!"

*2nd tech*

"ejected! %!@%!"

Seriously though, witnessing Kevin Martin get a tech for cursing his own mistake was completely asinine.

Also, get some of these players some cork because teeth grinding is coming back big.

Originally Posted by dland24

The Tech on Kevin Martin a few minutes ago was RIDICULOUS.
QFT, this is lame. Emotions are part of the game, whether you're professional or not.

Originally Posted by dland24

The Tech on Kevin Martin a few minutes ago was RIDICULOUS.
QFT, this is lame. Emotions are part of the game, whether you're professional or not.

laugh.gif
Do these count toward an ejection?

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Haven't seen it called on a big name yet

I remember first minute of the Heat game Wade got in the refs face screaming. Nothing.
This Clippers and Blazers game, dudes getting called for puttin their arms in the air. Not saying one word.

I used to think the complaining was annoying and there should be something done. But this new rule looks like it will be 10 times more annoying then players complaining.

Stern cant get anything right.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Haven't seen it called on a big name yet

I remember first minute of the Heat game Wade got in the refs face screaming. Nothing.
This Clippers and Blazers game, dudes getting called for puttin their arms in the air. Not saying one word.

I used to think the complaining was annoying and there should be something done. But this new rule looks like it will be 10 times more annoying then players complaining.

Stern cant get anything right.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Two reasons: it takes pressure off the refs (better allowing them to do their job more effectively), and it gives the basketball players more incentive to... I don't know... PLAY BASKETBALL. Say a guard feels he was fouled on a drive to the basket. The other team races the other way while he sits back with the baseline ref whining and flailing his arms. At this poin in time, HE'S NOT DOING WHAT HE'S PAID TO DO. His team COULD be using his defense right now, but he has made his services unavailable.
Completely disagree with this point. If anything, the new Tech rules put MORE pressure on the refs. Now instead of just focusing on officiating the game at hand, which they do poorly, they have to judge how much emotion players exhibit?
Call a tech if a player gets in a refs face and doesn't let it go, call a tech if he tries to show up the ref, but let the players play and react.

Watching the Clippers/Blazers game tonight, I saw Eric Gordon get T'ed up for looking over at the ref and raising his arms slightly after getting fouled hard on a layup by two players and getting no call. He had just gotten up off the ground and was running back down court. The ref's call stopped the game and gave the Blazers a chance to score. The bigger problem in the league isn't player's complaining about calls but, rather, the quality of the officiating itself. The baseline ref was standing no more then ten feet away from the basket and missed a call that was obvious to everybody in the arena and on tv. 

Two reasons: it takes pressure off the refs (better allowing them to do their job more effectively), and it gives the basketball players more incentive to... I don't know... PLAY BASKETBALL. Say a guard feels he was fouled on a drive to the basket. The other team races the other way while he sits back with the baseline ref whining and flailing his arms. At this poin in time, HE'S NOT DOING WHAT HE'S PAID TO DO. His team COULD be using his defense right now, but he has made his services unavailable.
Completely disagree with this point. If anything, the new Tech rules put MORE pressure on the refs. Now instead of just focusing on officiating the game at hand, which they do poorly, they have to judge how much emotion players exhibit?
Call a tech if a player gets in a refs face and doesn't let it go, call a tech if he tries to show up the ref, but let the players play and react.

Watching the Clippers/Blazers game tonight, I saw Eric Gordon get T'ed up for looking over at the ref and raising his arms slightly after getting fouled hard on a layup by two players and getting no call. He had just gotten up off the ground and was running back down court. The ref's call stopped the game and gave the Blazers a chance to score. The bigger problem in the league isn't player's complaining about calls but, rather, the quality of the officiating itself. The baseline ref was standing no more then ten feet away from the basket and missed a call that was obvious to everybody in the arena and on tv. 

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

totally agree. the more you put the hands of the game in the refs, the harder its going to be to officiate. now refs have to make more discretion calls, and not ones that can be outlined concretely by the rulebook.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

totally agree. the more you put the hands of the game in the refs, the harder its going to be to officiate. now refs have to make more discretion calls, and not ones that can be outlined concretely by the rulebook.
eyes.gif

in that clipper blazer game they were handing out techs like crazy. I don't have a problem with showing emotion, that seems kinda ridiculous. Considering how competitive these dudes are, how can you expect them not to react sometimes

Back
Top Bottom