NCAA Will Allow Trans Athletes: Lia Thomas Becomes 1st NCAA Transgender Champion

Excerpt from the article
Screenshot_20210731-032856_Samsung Internet.jpg

When it's framed that way, I guess you could say it's a fair point, but all in all, I don't think it's an acceptable advantage.

I watched that event and Laurel struggled mightily on some of those lifts

Things the articles never mention is that Caster (and the other two 800m runners) have XY chromosomes.
Now, I've always been against what they did to her and I hope she got a nice settlement out of the IOCs actions. But so many of the articles frame the situation as "cis" women being punished.

The real question is can they have the testosterone rule for women with XX chromosomes? (The answer should be, no.)

Look at JKR if you want to know what happens if you dare to mention that there are differences between "cis" and trans women and what that means.

Transgender swimmer Lia Thomas smashes women’s records, stokes outrage
Athlete dominates Ivy League women's freestyle events after transition

Collegiate swimmer Lia Thomas is shattering women’s swimming records this season, and critics say there’s a reason: She used to be a man.

The University of Pennsylvania swimmer continued her dominance Saturday at the 2021 Zippy Invitational in Akron, Ohio, with a first-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle, setting a pool, program and meet record with a time of 1:41.93.

She won the race by nearly seven seconds and her time was the fastest in the country,” the Penn sports information department said in a press release.

Washington Post

If women don’t think it’s fair it’s going to have to be women to exclude trans women from competing in women sports.

Because no heterosexual man is going to say anything at this point.
What power would they (women) have to make that happen?

What power would they (women) have to make that happen?

Exactly. Women don't have power, that's the whole point of this. Those who do stand up and say, this isn't fair are labeled transphobes and worse. Penn has told women on the team to stop speaking out against this. The only power women really have is to stop participating, which seems to be the end goal for some misogynists anyway.

Last week a woman resigned from the dance troop she founded because she told dancers in her home that she doesn't believe that people can change their biological sex. That's not even an opinion, that's a fact.

"Inaccurate Statement 1: ‘Rosie was forced out of the company for her belief that biological sex is immutable.’

Corrected Statement: Rosie resigned from the company while her company’s grievance process was taking place. It was ongoing, was not a disciplinary process and no conclusion has been reached."

"Despite not wanting to be questioned in this way, we respected Rosie's right to hold the belief that biological sex is immutable."

Last edited:

"Inaccurate Statement 1: ‘Rosie was forced out of the company for her belief that biological sex is immutable.’

Corrected Statement: Rosie resigned from the company while her company’s grievance process was taking place. It was ongoing, was not a disciplinary process and no conclusion has been reached."

"Despite not wanting to be questioned in this way, we respected Rosie's right to hold the belief that biological sex is immutable."

"Right to hold the belief that biological sex is immutable." This is not Rosie's belief, it is fact. This is statement she made in her home after inviting dancers in her company for dinner:
“Woolf knows anyone can change sex in their imagination but that you can’t change sex in your actual body.”

You linking an article by the complaining dancers doesn't make it more factual than her version of the event.

Back
Top Bottom