NCAA Will Allow Trans Athletes: Lia Thomas Becomes 1st NCAA Transgender Champion

I am saying I think that they imprint on an idea of what they think the should be.
I get that, but who are you, speaking in generality, to say what someone is feelings biologically, emotionally, mentally, etc? “Being a woman feel like _______” who’s to say they don’t have that?

I could see that happening. But I think their opinion should hold a significant amount of weight on this matter. But like I said earlier. If this ends up happening and Trans women are dominating women’s sports. Start putting an asterisk next to their numbers. If they don’t like it, oh well.

9C59FC2F-B035-4D21-8CBE-1743D12BB264.jpeg

KHUFU KHUFU would I be wrong to view transgenderism as another form of patriarchal intervention? We almost never (if ever) hear about transmen inserting/forcing themselves in biological male spaces. Matter of fact, they're hardly very represented in media. Even the idea of feeling "like a woman" comes off a bit overbearing & confusing. Like some Bipolar ppl go through maniac episodes & home a god complex in that time period or and believe long lasting beliefs due to discovery in mania. Look at how hard Kanye West has clutched to Christianity after that terrible episode a few years ago.

This topic is very confusing. I've been confused since 2008 about it, and no one is doing a good job explaining. People are either too afraid to ask the questions or when you do ask questions (personal experience(s) you get dog piled w/ disapproval instead of conducive answers.

KHUFU KHUFU would I be wrong to view transgenderism as another form of patriarchal intervention? We almost never (if ever) hear about transmen inserting/forcing themselves in biological male spaces. Matter of fact, they're hardly very represented in media. Even the idea of feeling "like a woman" comes off a bit overbearing & confusing. Like some Bipolar ppl go through maniac episodes & home a god complex in that time period or and believe long lasting beliefs due to discovery in mania. Look at how hard Kanye West has clutched to Christianity after that terrible episode a few years ago.

This topic is very confusing. I've been confused since 2008 about it, and no one is doing a good job explaining. People are either too afraid to ask the questions or when you do ask questions (personal experience(s) you get dog piled w/ disapproval instead of conducive answers.
No, you are not wrong. That is because the face of Transgender is not that of a Trans Man. The focus is always on transgender women, and that is because they are men transitioning. Women transitioning as men are rarely discussed, ala playing at the mens level of competition.

Last edited:
In what universe do you dudes live where there are just droves of trans folks itching to takeover women’s sports? This is essentially a non-issue, but sure, let’s act like we care about women’s sports all of a sudden. :lol:
You say that now.
….and if it’s a non-issue, then it’s only a non-issue until it becomes an issue.

We’re just going to go over a made up scenario so humor me.

-NCAA allows Trans into Women’s sports.
-World takes notice and begins follows suit.
-Russia adapts same policies but an Olympic level.(Russia is currently banned from professional sports for 4years starting back in 2019)
-China praises their boldness and follows suit.
-Germany sees this as progression and allows Trans in to Women Sports at every level of competition.(known for systemic use of Banned Drugs and a history of FORCING athletes to use at ages as early as 11)
- in 2028 Russia leads all countries with a total of 98medals
- In 2029 Elena Gagarana who was born Alex Gagarana writes memoir detailing how after winning his first bronze medal in Men’s speed skating at age 16, was then forced to identify as a Woman and have his genitals removed so that he could pursue a Gold Medal at the Olympic level for Women’s speed skating.
-After reading Alex’s memoir, Valentina Mernes who was born Mateo Mernes goes on record for the Argentina Times and details how after winning the National Championship for his 13 and under National Futbol team, he was approached by his Coach and close friends of the Argentina President and was told he’d no longer play for the boys but would become a woman and start competing for the Women’s National team in hopes of keeping Argentina atop the WORLDS top Futbol clubs.
-Shortly after the Argentina article from Alex, China is being investigated for and underground ring that has been turning young’s boys into young women for the better part of 20years in order to remain competitive at an Olympic level in 9 different Sports.

Now, we might not currently live in a World where there are droves of trans folk itching to takeover Womens sports, but there are damn sure people in the World who will be looking to exploit young’s boys and take advantage of such changes like allowing Trans into Women’s sports.

I could see that happening. But I think their opinion should hold a significant amount of weight on this matter. But like I said earlier. If this ends up happening and Trans women are dominating women’s sports. Start putting an asterisk next to their numbers. If they don’t like it, oh well.

I have 2 arguments for this - and I don't know the answer.

1. Regarding the trans weightlifter - I saw a post on twitter a few days ago that said that her max lift was slightly less than the US no.1s max lift - so not an advantage (but if your argument is that there is an advantage, particularly in strength events then you could argue that they're blocking someone else with similar numbers).

2. In cycling there has been a trans woman dominating one of the masters events the last few years. It does look unfair to me - but that's a sample of 1.

wc-hands-1546612419.jpg

Like I said I don't know the answer and there are examples either way - as is often the case I think we need more data to know.

You say that now.
….and if it’s a non-issue, then it’s only a non-issue until it becomes an issue.

-Russia adapts same policies but an Olympic level.(Russia is currently banned from professional sports for 4years starting back in 2019)
-Germany sees this as progression and allows Trans in to Women Sports at every level of competition.(known for systemic use of Banned Drugs and a history of FORCING athletes to use at ages as early as 11)
- In 2029 Elena Gagarana who was born Alex Gagarana writes memoir detailing how after winning his first bronze medal in Men’s speed skating at age 16, was then forced to identify as a Woman and have his genitals removed so that he could pursue a Gold Medal at the Olympic level for Women’s speed skating.
-After reading Alex’s memoir, Valentina Mernes who was born Mateo Mernes goes on record for the Argentina Times and details how after winning the National Championship for his 13 and under National Futbol team, he was approached by his Coach and close friends of the Argentina President and was told he’d no longer play for the boys but would become a woman and start competing for the Women’s National team in hopes of keeping Argentina atop the WORLDS top Futbol clubs.
-Shortly after the Argentina article from Alex, China is being investigated for and underground ring that has been turning young’s boys into young women for the better part of 20years in order to remain competitive at an Olympic level in 9 different Sports.

Now, we might not currently live in a World where there are droves of trans folk itching to takeover Womens sports, but there are damn sure people in the World who will be looking to exploit young’s boys and take advantage of such changes like allowing Trans into Women’s sports.
Suddenly someone who doesn't watch the WNBA or NCAA cares deeply about competitive balance in women's sports?

Generally speaking, if you have to compose fan fiction in order to justify excluding members of a minority group, you're on the wrong side of the issue.

You say that now.

This is ludicrous. 🤣

Reclaiming my time…

It's just a matter of time before transgender women enter the wnba, dunking and all, making the league more exciting and in turn bringing in more viewership.
I imagine the existing women will be torn bc they'll be mad at all the attention the newcomer is receiving but they like the larger paychecks.
Women's basketball is fundamentally sound but it lacks a great deal of entertainment, which is one of the main reasons people watch basketball.

It's just a matter of time before transgender women enter the wnba, dunking and all, making the league more exciting and in turn bringing in more viewership.
I imagine the existing women will be torn bc they'll be mad at all the attention the newcomer is receiving but they like the larger paychecks.
Women's basketball is fundamentally sound but it lacks a great deal of entertainment, which is one of the main reasons people watch basketball.

Even IF that happened, I think there is only but so much that product can grow because we will always subconsciously compare it to the NBA.

I wouldn't imagine anyone performing dunks any much greater than MIchelle Snow. It will be cool to look at in a highlight but folks aren't going to be flocking to the league to see someone that rarely happens like that.

But I still think we are a LONG way from that scenario presenting itself, if it ever even happens.

Now that the field is open maybe now we can start conducting actual research on how to integrate trans folks into mainstream society.

I was happy to hear there are now dedicated medical fellowships to help them. :pimp:

sooperhooper sooperhooper Bruce Jenner is too old plus he’s not even transgender, he’s just a cross dressing fraud. The weight of the Kardashian empire damaged him. Just like Rob feeling left out and trying to make a sock line (and brutally failed), Bruce pulled the trans card and ended up getting all types of interviews and even won a “Courage Award” on the ESPYs despite being anti-gay rights. That’s just a dude in a dress that’s scared to go all the way cause he’s a fraud.

Back
Top Bottom