**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

French Montana killed the hook though
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Aubrey said "I'm just hittin my pinnacle, you and pu$$y identical
You like the %$@@#@% finish line, we can’t wait to run into you"

roll.gif
at this lemon meringue PIE face !$$ dandelion. 

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I think ya'll missing what Common doing here. He still lining Drake up with the jab. Common is smart and he been there before. If he comes out with a full dis record now Drake gets the last word. Instead he just peppers him with the jab to where now Drake is forced to put at a record completely going at Common. To which Common can respond with a heavy-handed retort a la ether to close the show. Common knows what he doing. If you notice Common hasn't touched on DeGrassi, the gay hand movements, the weird sense of style, Rihanna or anything yet. He gonna wait for Drake to go all in before he does.

As for this dis, light work but enjoyable. The Canada Dry lines and Destiny's Child sample are
laugh.gif

09 rap fans are so easily impressed by average lyrics. Any with half a brain thats a true fan of "hip-hop" won't even bother. French Montana is trash, did you people actually listen to what he said in the song or was the beat just to hot? Typically lame rapper with nothing to say, but I suppose he has the streets buzzing?
laugh.gif

Why would Common put all his cards on the table? Did Nas start out with "ether", or Jay with "takeover". No you dummies you never go all in on a rap beef until you know what the situation is. Fans of rap are the biggest problem with rap right now. You know nothing and fall for every marketing ploy out there. Common can't just call someone for being a lame rapper anymore..vice versa? 

Originally Posted by Osek206

09 rap fans are so easily impressed by average lyrics. Any with half a brain thats a true fan of "hip-hop" won't even bother. French Montana is trash, did you people actually listen to what he said in the song or was the beat just to hot? Typically lame rapper with nothing to say, but I suppose he has the streets buzzing?
laugh.gif

Why would Common put all his cards on the table? Did Nas start out with "ether", or Jay with "takeover". No you dummies you never go all in on a rap beef until you know what the situation is. Fans of rap are the biggest problem with rap right now. You know nothing and fall for every marketing ploy out there. Common can't just call someone for being a lame rapper anymore..vice versa? 
?????

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

common should have just went all in instead of a few jabs. i mean he's clearly the better rapper but that was lazy. 8 bars?

i enjoyed drake's subliminal more than common's snippet

What I came in here to say

Originally Posted by sillyputty

We're beefing over ({})?
eyes.gif

Serena must have that kryptonite or unobtainium from Avatar, for real.

I just remember Jay-Z:

Drake, heres how they gon come at you
With silly rap feuds trying to distract you
In disguise in the form of a favor

....over the fact that YOUR EX-GIRL is smashing another dude. She clearly doesn't want you, so why you picking fights?

I wonder who the real "!*+ %$* !+***" is....
grin.gif

I'm not trying to blindly defend drake here but the "tennis" line? I mean honestly? What is this about? Ya'll are rap superstars and ya'll arguing over a piece of tail? Ya'll supposed to be able to pull anything with two legs.

Common was weak for this diss and Drake will look even lamer in my eyes if he responds.

People have died over REAL problems and ya'll wanna beef over Serena and making "soft" music?

It's not over SerenaCommon made "Sweet", talked about he tired of hearing rappers sing. Drake took offense to the song n mentioned it during one of his concerts. "Sweet" wasnt specifically directed at Drake, but Common basically said "if the shoe fits, wear it"Drake spit his verse on "Stay Schemin'", and now we have Common's response.This IS NOT OVER SERENA.Stop blindly defending the man w/o knowing all the facts

Ya'll acting like Common came out and said he is dissing Drake because of Serena...
That's just some black twitter theory that n's ran with.....

And I don't think Drake will respond judging by the tweets of the dudes he surrounds himself with...
All them dudes saying "It's just some old washed up rapper tryna pull down a young dude blah blah blah"...
And that's what they are filling Drake's head with, so he will subliminally jab per usual.

Yea...Jay did start with Takover...and he got Ether'ed. Because that's what happens when you think it's sweet. (no pun intended) Shining example. You think you're just gonna start light with a little jab. Then a _ grand slam home runs your !+#%. Now you're looking scrambled and emotional when you comeback...super ugly.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

"rap about a N wife" ??? that supports it being about serena

i like Common's verse but if this is about Serena then...not a good look for Common.

whats the situation with Com and serena anyway? were they married at one point? and if Sweet (dope track ) was motivated cause Drake took his girl then yikes, not a good look.

edit: i like the line about "you a son of a B!!! i imagine what your father is. that was dope too.
he's talking about Kobe's wife

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Yea...Jay did start with Takover...and he got Ether'ed. Because that's what happens when you think it's sweet. (no pun intended) Shining example. You think you're just gonna start light with a little jab. Then a _ grand slam home runs your !+#%. Now you're looking scrambled and emotional when you comeback...super ugly.

Not really tho. He had been baiting Nas for years. See "Is That Your Chick"

Originally Posted by rhester

Ya'll acting like Common came out and said he is dissing Drake because of Serena...
That's just some black twitter theory that n's ran with.....
Exactly.

This all started after Common was asked if "Sweet" was directed at Aubrey.

"No, but if he fits the category, then yes."

Originally Posted by jthagreat

"rap about a N wife" ??? that supports it being about serena

I think he's talkin bout Kobe wife cuz that was a 150 m's was a random line. It would be really sad if Common did this cuz of Serena like didn't he just have Badu 

Just because cats talkin about "this is over serena" common lost. Even though it's not the teenyboppers will take it and run with it

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Oh god, now Weeknd is yapping too.
1312644019061.jpg
Yea I just saw his tweet 
roll.gif

"that was the worst comeback ive ever heard. reminds me of someone's drunk uncle... "-The Weeknd

I'm a little lost about the point of this..  Common is supposed to be conscious..  He is supposed to play past things like this.  Whatever though

Common needs help pushing his album and getting sales? Because he cares so much about sales that he put his whole album up for free streaming on youtube? 
laugh.gif

This is not about Common's buzz or album pushing.

Of course Common could've come harder, but Drake hasn't even made a blatant diss yet. He made this track so Drake has no choice but to say Common's name and really go at him. If that happens then we'll see if Common can "B!^$& in Yoo" Drake.

weekn.jpg

So we really have no idea why Com is dissing Drake? Speculation at this point it has to do w/ Serena? I wanna know where this came from. And no, I don't wanna hear all that 'he sings to much, he isn't hip hop' blah, blah, blah. If that is the case Common looks like a hater and I lost a little bit of respect for him. I've always said that Bun B has the right mind frame of 'OG' rappers. Instead of dissing these new, upcoming cats he works with em and rolls with it. 

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

I'm a little lost about the point of this..  Common is supposed to be conscious..  He is supposed to play past things like this.  Whatever though

you know how dudes are over females....i'm just saying

@theweekndxo The Weeknd
that was the worst comeback ive ever heard. reminds me of someone's drunk uncle...

I'm a fan of both Common and Drake so this is pure entertainment. Neither of them are going to dead the other. To be honest, I havent thought either one of these dudes 'disses' have been anything special. Especially that 35 second snippet Common dropped on Stay Schemin.

Neither are about that life.

laugh.gif
at Common calling Drake out on the line we think is ridiculous
'Make me a catch a body liiike thatt ohh'

Back
Top Bottom