***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

Goid to see tensions have cooled off. Was starting to think it was gonna get like the fila thread with dudes getting heated over big lots jokes :lol:

Last edited:
One thing ive noticed is that dudes in here and the fila thread have crazy knowledge on retros

Why cost so much for the Shroud if their tech isn't in it?? Kind of weird, I'll jus wait till deep discount & cop other Reeboks

One thing ive noticed is that dudes in here and the fila thread have crazy knowledge on retros

Thats because most are older and actually lived through all the og releases of popular retros.

Nike and jordan brand their consumers are mostly young and impressionable hypebeast and resellers

noblekane noblekane

You don't like the Pump Question? :frown:

Sad face...I like it, especially the new CW that just dropped. I do NOT however, like the price point. More than a Shaq Attaq...which hits discounts anyway makes no sense.

Thats because most are older and actually lived through all the og releases of popular retros.

Nike and jordan brand their consumers are mostly young and impressionable hypebeast and resellers

THIS!!!! The only knowledge they have is that they need to sell what they just bought to fund the next cheap-o release :lol:

Lol i dont like any shoe that mashes two shoes together. I think its just lazy

The penny v, pippen vi, spizikes, dub zero, new bo jackson shoes, barkley posites, the list goes on, all CRAP and lazy designs

@NobleKane

You don't like the Pump Question?
frown.gif

Sad face...I like it, especially the new CW that just dropped. I do NOT however, like the price point. More than a Shaq Attaq...which hits discounts anyway makes no sense.
I like it too, I always felt that the Question deserved a Pump from the get go, since it was a signature for a top tier player at that time, but again, Reebok were moving away form the Pump, which was a massive mistake IMO, that led to them going down eventually. Now the pricing is crazy, they are so out of touch of the market situation, all Attaq's are made with amazing quality and they still go on sale, what do they expect to happen with the Question, I saw it yesterday on kickdeals for like $122 and is still too much IMO. 

Last edited:
^Haha, beat me to it.........$110 for the OG team bank colors. Digging the red joints. And Reebok is wildin' with the "inflation over time" thought process for a sneaker with zero tech.
eyes.gif
I believe those Shrouds got them DMX tech which is light as well.  Unless they changed it which I doubt.  

Nope they never had a DMX of any kind, only 3D Ultralite, check the EastBay scan on the previous page. 

Nope they never had a DMX of any kind, only 3D Ultralite, check the EastBay scan on the previous page. 
oic thanks for the clarification....well at least them have some sort of technology i guess for being lite for ball...

Due to the lack of outsole, kicks with 3D Ultralite were very slippery and had a lot of traction issues, so the tech was never truly adopted, the only benefit was the weight. 

Due to the lack of outsole, kicks with 3D Ultralite were very slippery and had a lot of traction issues, so the tech was never truly adopted, the only benefit was the weight. 
damn i wanted to use these Shrouds for ball....I guess it won't help if its indoor basketball; however maybe outdoor ball then...

Agreed on all these statements on the Shrouds. Just not a great shoe tech-wise (or looks-wise, but that's a personal opinion). I remember being disappointed that Reebok tried to match Nike's Zoom Flight for GP, but the tech was worse and the comfort was lower (and (once again) they didn't look as good).

Those DMX6s in the Eastbay catalogue though - I remember them being super comfortable. If only Reebok would go all out with re-creating the DMX tech to its original specs.

Yeah I don't like that price point either for the Shrouds. The Ultralite sole without reinforcement is like that white pencil eraser rubber from grade school. So soft and pliable. Definitely not for outdoor use. Reebok should have coated it lightly with carbon rubber at least. Oh well, the sole is comfortable for casual wear. I'll cop at $60 or less. The only reasons I can think of for the price point is that they must be paying Kemp to stay on board. They could be putting the price point high to make some profit when it hits discounts, since they know it's a trend with their consumers. As for Reebok going with the cheap Ultra lite instead of sticking with other tech. I think the Pump was way overused early on. The tech for comfort and performance should have been focused on more.

On the topic of these young heads. No disrespect to your peeps @trentbg over at collective kicks but that recent article of "How I became more of a Sneakerheads after I stopped collecting". That article made me [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] because I thought the writer was older. The first kick that made him interested was the KD IV galaxy when he was in high school. SAY WHAT? LOL

Last edited:
3D only worked for running shoes but they would never give a proper out sole and it would wear down after like 200 miles of running :lol:

Still loved the feel

I just copped these and man i can wait to wear these. I got these at finishline for $89 on sale. Dee Brown Reebok Pump Omni Lite. Memories!
glasses.gif

As much as i hate to buy stuff from FL, i had to use up my gift and rewards cards.  

Last edited:
Yeah I don't like that price point either for the Shrouds. The Ultralite sole without reinforcement is like that white pencil eraser rubber from grade school. So soft and pliable. Definitely not for outdoor use. Reebok should have coated it lightly with carbon rubber at least. Oh well, the sole is comfortable for casual wear. I'll cop at $60 or less. The only reasons I can think of for the price point is that they must be paying Kemp to stay on board. They could be putting the price point high to make some profit when it hits discounts, since they know it's a trend with their consumers. As for Reebok going with the cheap Ultra lite instead of sticking with other tech. I think the Pump was way overused early on. The tech for comfort and performance should have been focused on more.

On the topic of these young heads. No disrespect to your peeps @trentbg over at collective kicks but that recent article of "How I became more of a Sneakerheads after I stopped collecting". That article made me [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] because I thought the writer was older. The first kick that made him interested was the KD IV galaxy when he was in high school. SAY WHAT? LOL
Most of the writers are very young, we have team members that are 13-14 years old, only myself and another person are considered an "old" dudes :smile: so yeah...

Oh and for the Pump, I completely disagree, the Pump is what made them famous, it is the most coolest tech ever implemented in a shoe IMO, the Pump is what hook me up on the sneaker addiction back in 91 and never left me till today, so Reebok moving away from the Pump in the late 90's, made me move away from them till they finally woke up in the mid 2000's. 

Thing is I understood them moving away and pushing new techs but they should've kept the Pump around and relevant. Instead it was completely disregarded for years and ignored...stupid move IMO

Well boys we all know Reebok likes to milk it when they have a little success with their shoes. 2015 is the year of the Ventilator so there will be like 25 Ventilator collabs along with the Ventilator Supreme coming back. The success they had with the pump being added to the Reebok Question musr have gone to someones head as 2015 you will see the blast and Shaqnosis with a big Orange pump placed on the tongue. Ive seen them and its not pretty.

There will also be a shaq hybrid releasing merging with what looks to be the first 3 shaqs into 1.

Prepare for the onslaught

Back
Top Bottom