New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

PMatic idea from a month ago, and also I was told Josh Smith wasn't on the block

The Hawks are said to be one team placing calls to improve their draft position. They currently own the No. 23 pick. One GM said the Hawks floated the names of both Josh Smith and Marvin Williams as potential trade chips. FOXSportsOhio
Tweak of PMatic deal:
Lakers get: Josh Smith, Marvin Williams
Atlanta Hawks: Kevin Martin, Sam Dalembert, 14th OR 16th pick from the Rockets
Rockets get: Pau Gasol, 23rd Pick

DO IT MITCH.. DO IT..

Originally Posted by Essential1

PMatic idea from a month ago, and also I was told Josh Smith wasn't on the block

The Hawks are said to be one team placing calls to improve their draft position. They currently own the No. 23 pick. One GM said the Hawks floated the names of both Josh Smith and Marvin Williams as potential trade chips. FOXSportsOhio
Tweak of PMatic deal:

DO IT MITCH.. DO IT..

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Tweak of PMatic deal:

DO IT MITCH.. DO IT..

30t6p3b.gif

I don't give a damn haha..  Bring in Josh..  Bring in Marvin...  Now trade Bynum for Howard to play with his best friend (JSmoove).. Will he leave playing with his best friend? Probably not..  Say he does, Josh's contract ends as well after the season..

Now you have a better 4&5 combo with Sessions (who seems likely to be back).

And have a decent backup SF in Marvin..  Who you could deal later, maybe for Beasley..

Tweak of PMatic deal:

DO IT MITCH.. DO IT..

30t6p3b.gif

I don't give a damn haha..  Bring in Josh..  Bring in Marvin...  Now trade Bynum for Howard to play with his best friend (JSmoove).. Will he leave playing with his best friend? Probably not..  Say he does, Josh's contract ends as well after the season..

And have a decent backup SF in Marvin..  Who you could deal later, maybe for Beasley..

laugh.gif
It's not bad actually, I just want to get into the 1st rd. I know you don't think it a deep draft, but i disagree.....now as far as the cornerstone/franchise type player, you're right it's not deep at all, but if a team is looking to plug in a guy to their already established roster, then this the perfect draft for that IMO. Hell i don't even kno who I'd take if we did move up, but i know we'd have multiple options, and there isn't a position on this team that couldn't afford to get younger at

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
It's not bad actually, I just want to get into the 1st rd. I know you don't think it a deep draft, but i disagree.....now as far as the cornerstone/franchise type player, you're right it's not deep at all, but if a team is looking to plug in a guy to their already established roster, then this the perfect draft for that IMO. Hell i don't even kno who I'd take if we did move up, but i know we'd have multiple options, and there isn't a position on this team that couldn't afford to get younger

Who knows maybe because Rockets don't trade away much in Dalembert & Martin for Pau. And still have 14 or 16th pick (depending on what they trade).. Maybe we swipe the 23rd? who knows?   But I really think SF is the only spot to draft there.

You add Smoove and have Bynum (hopefully Howard *praying dog*..  Hill backup & you know you're bringing back Odom (we know it's happening it is like a bad breakup we're bound to be a couple again)..

As for PG you can't draft there and expect to have anything decent. I agree for role player standpoint the draft is deep. But 1 position that isn't.. PG.. So help me if we use the 23rd to take Kendall Marshall or Wooten or Teague from Kentucky to replace Sessions, I will quit on the season..

SG would be nice to have a backup. But at that range it isn't much there..

Harkless would be the guy you hope is at 23... My opinion best pick there at 23.. Now if Sullinger drops to 23.. I think I risk it to take him and try him at the 3 for defensive lineups..

And away from the draft (maybe this is my Hometown Homerism). but Edwin Ubiles from Siena graduated a couple years ago (25year old SG) played excellent in the DLeague.  19/5/3  as a 6'6"SG... $473K, who cares.

Ramon Sessions shot 47.9% from the field, and 48.6% from 3 according to ESPN...that cant be right, can it?

Originally Posted by solarius49

Ramon Sessions shot 47.9% from the field, and 48.6% from 3 according to ESPN...that cant be right, can it?

With the Lakers it is Very true... Steph curry was the only better 3pt shooting PG.  He shot worse in Cleveland. He's the type of player that needs the right guys around him.. By no means a franchise player, but a guy who gels with certain players.. Him & Kobe are good together...So no problems there.. But it is why I'm jumping up and down saying GET DWIGHT.. Because Dwight & Sessions would be an offensive machine.. 

And do w/e to bring in JSmoove to appease Dwight with his best friend.. And on defense Sessions could be dead, it wouldn't matter Dwight  & Josh would limit any deficiencies he has..

Originally Posted by BossDonVah

Let Sessions walk

And do what?   He wants to stay.. Just wants us to give him a multi-year contract, rather than running the risk of being replaced during the season like he has been on the TWolves, Bucks & Cavs like it was nothing..

You do know who our current starting Point Guard is.....  Steve Blake.

We have no other option.. we can try to act like there is another option for us...  But there isn't...

We all complained we have no athleticism, no youth, no speed, no transition game, no point guard who can not only get his, but set up others..  We get a guy who can actually do that, and some of you are saying let him walk.. And start from nothing again..

Do you want to run the risk of Steve Blake being your starting PG?  Or run the risk that you go out and get a mediocre or over the hill PG out of desperation?

We only have $3.5million max to offer, So let's go through the list:
Steve Nash - Too Old, wants 3 year deal, needs a fast pace offense as well, indicated he wanted to get as much money as he could. North of $5mil.
Aaron Brooks - Is a RFA Qualifying offer is $3mil. Seems obvious that he will get over $3.5mil.
Felton - Made $7.6mil. He's not taking a $4.1mil paycut at 28 years old.
DJ Augustin - Qualifying offer is $4.4mil
Jason Terry wants a long term deal. At 35, and shows no indication of taking more than a $5mil paycut, which puts him at $5mil a year
George Hill- $3.1mil Qualifying offer. He's getting more than that for a great year.
Leondro Barbosa- Still will command $5mil +
Gordon Dragic- Forget it. Highest sought PG.
Jerryd Bayless- Qualifying offer is $4.2
Randy Foye- Is going to get $4mil+
Jeremy Lin - Off the marketing ability alone he will get his
Deron Williams- unless we trade Bynum for Deron (and even that isn't a guarantee to get him) There is no shot.

With $3.5mil, this is what you can get:
Kirk Heinrich
Jason Kidd
Andre Miller
Jameer Nelson
Jordan Farmar
Derek Fisher
Jonny Flynn
Keyon Dooling
Baron Davis
Royal Ivey
John Lucas III
Gilbert Arenas
Jannero Pargo
Patty Mills
Mike James
Ben Uzoh
Earl Boykins

See where we don't have a choice.. Take Sessions, and put better big men around him, really is the only option we have.

Hey Essential, how about trading Gasol for Jeff Green and Bass or any combination of Jeff Green, Bass (via sign and trade), JJJ, Moore, 21st and 22nd pick? you could also add a 3rd team.

Originally Posted by Airnest

Hey Essential, how about trading Gasol for Jeff Green and Bass or any combination of Jeff Green, Bass (via sign and trade), JJJ, Moore, 21st and 22nd pick? you could also add a 3rd team.
Not too high on either guy.. Even though Bass played great in the postseason & Green is a good role player.. I'd take them off the bench, but not if it meant trading Pau for them.

But the Celtics would have to sign them both... Who the hell knows what direction the Celtics are going in..

Bass & Green for Pau isn't a good trade in my honest opinion..  Add in 21st & 22nd it is a ok trade, nothing more. Yes 2 draft picks is great. BUT the draft is all about marginal return. At 21&22 it is almost a guarantee they won't give you 3rd option like production..

Pau still has the value to land an All-Star or a guy who is a near All-Star.

So you would have to throw in a three team. But then I lose faith that throwing Green & Bass to a third team, actually brings in something worthy of Pau.

No major moves coming.

"We will try to sign Sessions when the rules allow beginning in July," he says. "And improve the bench."

No major free-agent signings, no blockbuster trades?

"No," he says.
Wise words from the great Jim Buss.

If Miami wins the Chip it shows that the super teams might work after all... star power an athleticism are the order of the day! get Dwight in here and try and see if the Hawks trade JSmith for Pau... also Taj Gibson and Luol Deng sound good to me. Finally, I'm glad Jimmy boy said what he said, the Lakers always come from left field with trades when no one expects tem to. Mitch is doing his thing, scheming working the phones and different scenarios. Moves will happen. We have the biggest leverage on the Howard deal compared to any other team. Drew's stock is at an all time high (so high it's making us second-guess our own desire to trade him) and the Nets don't have the pick they wanted to send along with Brook Lopez. In the end, the Magic should take the best deal on the table, and to me that's us. Finally, I love the idea of some of you guys to bring in Josh Smith so that D12 won't refuse to stay.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

No major moves coming.

"We will try to sign Sessions when the rules allow beginning in July," he says. "And improve the bench."

No major free-agent signings, no blockbuster trades?

"No," he says.
Wise words from the great Jim Buss.

But at the same time..  
1. We can't make a blockbuster signing... No money to..
2. You never announce you will be making blockbuster trades before it even happened.. That just would be dumb.

But if we do nothing... Shoot me, I don't want to live through that pain
roll.gif

Buss also said itd be Kobe-Bynum-Pau next year as well.. He can't say no to that because if a deal falls apart and we have to keep them, it will just cause problems.

Just keep in mind...that CP3 trade came out of nowhere last off-season.

Bottom Line?

DTJ

Don't Trust Jim

He will come out of no where to make a "blockbuster" trade for sure.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Imma just keep calm, and believe Jim was just playing coy
frown.gif

I don't understand how Jim points out kobes closing window, but yet be content with the same core players that he's failed with the last couple of years.

dude theres only like a handful of real lakers in here who actually understand the game.....

Essential knows, he speaks truth..... like I actually bet he plays basketball in the shoes he buys.

and let sessions walk? %%%?

Sessions did AWESOME in the 20-something games he played with us... + PLAYING IN HIS FIRST EVER PLAYOFF GAMES/ATMOSPHERE. 
Hes battle tested x approved.

solarius49 wrote:

did you even watch my mans play?? He picks and chooses his shots wisely, he doesn't force ANYTHING. Even if he has a good shot, hell pass for a better shot.

Dood was a gem of a pickup IMO, he was ready to fall off the face of the NBA....but hes a pro, kept in shape, kept ready, and answered the call for a title contender. He's earned his keep IMO and im excited to see him develop.

He's alot better than some of yall can see.

and I luv Nash, he comes from the generation of players I grew up with, but truth be told, hes on borrowed time....

Murphy LOL hope my man got to bang out all the LA #+@*%! he wanted to because the dream bout to be over.

Oh and its official, my g J.Hill can COOK 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and he aint afraid to let these +@#! know what time it is

It would make absolutely no sense for them to keep the same roster especially after Mitch
was so adamant about changes ...I think he was saying that just to turn attention away from
the team the whole summer

Back
Top Bottom