New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Love the Johnson-Odom pick. This guy is a hyena on defense! And obviously he can score.

The days of opponent's PG's scoring a career-high is officially over.

laugh.gif
ya'll mad about NOT getting mo williams at 8.5 mil? all of a sudden mitch and jim are terrible? jim i can understand, but mitch too? :[

i just dont get you guys sometimes.

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

laugh.gif
ya'll mad about NOT getting mo williams at 8.5 mil? all of a sudden mitch and jim are terrible? jim i can understand, but mitch too? :[

i just dont get you guys sometimes.

I see 1 person that's upset about that not happening......it's not really a "y'all" situation
laugh.gif
grin.gif

^ What's not to get? Apparently you've forgotten how many GMs root for our beloved Lakers.

Like I alluded to in my previous reply, we're on our way to 1990's mediocrity, and it ain't #!%@ Mitch or Jim can do about it. There are minor tweaks they can make through trades and what not, but some dudes in here expecting us to floor Deron, Kobe, Artest, Garnett, & Dwight are just way out of touch.

Minor tweaks to the roster are all that's available. Period.

"Larry Bird Anybody important is not walking through that door."
laugh.gif

Mitch indicated that they may not offer a multi year contract to Sessions which is what he wants

I give up.

Let's just skip the season.

I can't wait for the Michael Beasley, Derrick Williams and Luke Ridnour sign and trade for Pau!

Been working on this for 20 mins....

Houston Gets:
Derrick Williams
N. Pekovic
JJ Barea
M. Webster
Unprotected Minny 1st round pick

Minny Gets:
Pau Gasol

Philly Gets:
Luis Scola
Steve Blake
LA 1st round pick

LA Gets:
Kyle Lowry
Andre Igoudala
Rights to Lamb
Rights to Terrence Jones

I mean seriously who says NO?

roll.gif

I'm serious
embarassed.gif

I like Kevin Ding but he left out an important part where Mitch says "We'll try to hit a home run. The draft is the beginning of the offseason. You continue to pursue trade possibilities and then (Saturday), you pursue trades and free agency."

I have no problem with them being patient.

Originally Posted by PMatic

I can't wait for the Michael Beasley, Derrick Williams and Luke Ridnour sign and trade for Pau!

Throw in an unprotected 1st instead of ridnour, and we got a deal

Seriously guys....this is probably going to take a while.
Let's be patient with it.

I hope we can make a big splash and land another star on this team, most likely not, we'll probably land some minor tweaks to help us get over the hump.

What I really hope happens is something changes with the offense. I know Pau flourishes in the passing role, but he was vastly underutilized. If they can get some sets where he is alone out there and can "dominate" the paint with his moves like he used to, i'd be happy.

Players i'd say dictate 80% of the success a team has, but to bring in players you need the help of other teams, and General Managers. While coaching is only 20%, the coaches are in control of it. I just hope the coaches come in and do their due diligence and work on that offense and defense. They have a full off-season to do it this time, no excuses.

With that said....Go Lakers! 

laugh.gif
Strange place for an opposing GM to sit.

You guys forget last season was the first with a new coach and in a shortened season. They gift wrapped a few games to OKC and who knows what could've happened if they got past them. I don't see why they couldn't get to the finals next season with the same group more focused and hungrier. Just need some bench production.

Man we havent had a 1st round pick for way too long, this Draft was definitely the one to have picks in the late 20-30.

I guess Ferry isn't sure whether he is moving Josh Smith, but wants to meet with him first. If he continues to state he wants out of Atlanta it is likely that Lakers move into lead role in getting Josh Smith.. Sixers as potential spoiler offering Iguodala.

Back
Top Bottom