Kobe
Artest
Pau
Bynum

Juice
Blake
GLock
Hill

Pick someone else for the bench, and i'll go to war with this team....
EDIT: I'm sure someone will tell me how this isn't possible

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Been working on this for 20 mins....

Houston Gets:
Derrick Williams
N. Pekovic
JJ Barea
M. Webster
Unprotected Minny 1st round pick

Minny Gets:
Pau Gasol

Philly Gets:
Luis Scola
Steve Blake
LA 1st round pick

LA Gets:
Kyle Lowry
Andre Igoudala
Rights to Lamb
Rights to Terrence Jones

I mean seriously who says NO?

roll.gif

I'm serious
embarassed.gif

not even khan is that dumb, the centerpiece will be Williams, pek is staying put

Sure Derrick Williams sounds nice but doing that trade makes Minny a wayyyy better team. You don't wanna do that.

Originally Posted by ORSRT8

Sure Derrick Williams sounds nice but doing that trade makes Minny a wayyyy better team. You don't wanna do that.

I don't think that in the proposed trade the Lakers were getting back Derrick Williams.  This deal was on the table on draft day for the Lakers to get the #2 pick from Charlotte, and Charlotte would have gotten Williams.   At least that's how I read it.  

I like OJ. Only problem is his play went down hill when he went to the bench and never truly recovered mentally from it. May be different here, but not sure how. Considering he'd play close to 10 minutes less.

Also he'll get at least $5mil, Maybe as high as $8mil if a team is desparate not sure how we pull that off.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

In other non trade related news...

Anyone witnessing the battle of quik and acboyz in the MJ,Lebron,Kobe thread?
laugh.gif
I have no idea why it hasn't been locked but I've been
roll.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

In other non trade related news...

Anyone witnessing the battle of quik and acboyz in the MJ,Lebron,Kobe thread?
laugh.gif
I have no idea why it hasn't been locked but I've been
roll.gif

They going hard at each other. I read about 4 posts in that thread and saw where this was going, said I didn't want to get caught up in that tom foolery...

laugh.gif
i purposely stayed out of that thread until y'all said something, and man i should've just stayed out.
30t6p3b.gif
@ anybody who thinks Kobe was "just a role player" during that championship run with shaq

You're welcome. I started it by saying Kobe is top 5 all time. Which I don't find to be remotely controversial

Morris and Ebanks have been signed to an offer sheet. Very likely they'll be back..

I'm not sure how I feel about Morris-Ebanks being back.

Pau Gasol for Derrick Williams, Martell Webster, Brad Miller and a future first round pick.

On the surface, I recognize this trade proposal is a complete slap in the face, but hear me out. Williams is the young center piece of the trade. He had an up and down rookie season, but he has the potential to be a very good power forward in the league. Webster has a team option for $5.2 million next season, but the Lakers would buy him out for $600,000. Miller is retiring, so that is an additional $4.7 million off the books. Over the next two seasons, the Lakers would save nearly $28 million and that's not including the taxes.

Then use the money saved in this trade to get someone with the Lamar Odom TPE (O.J. Mayo?).

With much thought.. I do agree that we could win with this core.

But need an Iggy at SF and a new bench from PG-PF.

Nonetheless.. Trade Pau for Josh Smith.. Trade Bynum for Dwight..

Acquire the best bench player possible with the $8.9TPE. Use mini-MLE for another bench piece.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

laugh.gif
i purposely stayed out of that thread until y'all said something, and man i should've just stayed out.
30t6p3b.gif
@ anybody who thinks Kobe was "just a role player" during that championship run with shaq

4920970629_7fb8758dbc.jpg

That trade sucks Paul
laugh.gif

LA gets:
Iggy
S+T Lou Williams
Webster

Minny gets:
Pau

Philly gets:
Derrick Williams
JJ Barea
Josh McRoberts or Blake

Who says no?

At least I get creative with mine
roll.gif

We’ll be able to tell whether or not Mitch & Jim want to win or not. If they get obscure players who have you saying What the $@*%. Then they are penny pinching and trying to save money. If they are trying to win they make at least 1 block buster trade, or they try to load up the bench with guys that makes you say
pimp.gif

If I were owner of this team, and it is hypocritical of me because asking someone else to do it is tough, but if I owned this team I’m saying damn the luxury tax for a year or two until Kobe’s contract is up. We lose money, it sucks. It’s financially dumb, but the Lakers have always been profitable. You win it two times on Kobe’s way out the lure of the Lakers is even better. Get under or close to under once Kobe leaves, and all is well in Laker land. Half the teams are breaking even or worse. We can handle it for a year or two, and go all out. With our TV deal, losing that money is only temporary.

If I owned this team, here is what I’m doing. I’ll explain any trades just quote the specific trade.

1. Lakers gets: Josh Smith, Marvin Williams
Hawks get: Pau Gasol, Steve Blake

2. Orlando gets: Andrew Bynum, Robert Sucre
Lakers get: Dwight Howard

3. Philly gets: Marvin Williams, Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga
Lakers get: Andre Iguodala

4. I resign Jordan Hill to a 4 year/$16mil contract. $4mil seems fair market value for him, and not too much where you can’t move him if need be. He’s only 23.

5. Resign Sessions 4 year/ $24mil. RFA clause for 5th year. He wants security. This gives it. Lou is suppose to get $8mil on the market, I think $6mil for Sessions is more than fair, maybe even top end of his earnings. So it could even be 4year/$20mil.

I have now filled the entire starting lineup (Sessions-Kobe-Iguodala-Smith-Howard). That is defensive juggernaut from SG-Center. Makes Sessions defensive liability mean nothing. No more pick and roll jumpers, no more driving into the lane for easy scores. Kobe now can stay on his guy rather than roaming defense. Also have 4 guys who could all go for 20+ on a given night, all who will run (minus Kobe, but he’s still giving 100% and don't give a damn what we do as long as we win). And you have a guy who is very unselfish, and wants to find teammates in Sessions.

I also have Metta & Hill on the bench. Meaning I have 6-7 roster spots to fill, and only 3 needs.

We still have all our young guys Ebanks, Goudelock, Johnson-Odom, Morris.

And still have our TPE & Mini MLE. Because all of our young guys are Guards they can clearly give Kobe the rest he needs, and DJO & Ebanks can spill into some time at the 3 if needed. And not to mention Iggy came up as a 2. So SG, SF & Center is full. This makes me think that PG & PF are the final 2 spots to fill in our rotation off the bench.

I think we can find two great guys for our bench at $3.5 mini-MLE & a little more than half of the TPE.

Those 3 trades all are possible. Only problem is happening in one season is improbable. But that is the one time where Mitch has to throw on his Magician hat to do it. Get those 3 trades done. All rests on that 3rd deal for Iguodala, and how desparate Sixers get in moving Iguodala and only suitors I've seen so far for him were the Hawks & Grizzles. Close them out with the deal for Pau, and he's ours. I doubt Sixers take Rudy Gay for him when they want to dump Iguodala's salary and Gay's salary is far worse.

My buddy and I were talking earlier that Atlanta rescinded their offer since Ferry took the GM position. Supposedly he wants to "think" about it. Anybody else hear Atlanta not interested in Pau anymore?

Originally Posted by AG 47

My buddy and I were talking earlier that Atlanta rescinded their offer since Ferry took the GM position. Supposedly he wants to "think" about it. Anybody else hear Atlanta not interested in Pau anymore?

this would make the Hawks a better team. Horford gets to move back to his natural PF spot and adds another passer other than Teague and Hinrich to the floor which they desperately need.

Back
Top Bottom