New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

laugh.gif
at the Philly trade.

Atlanta isn't going to pay the luxury tax, which that trade would cause.

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

^ you need to edit number 1 bro, and Marvin Williams cant play on two teams lol

You can't acquire someone in a trade then trade him to another team? It's a rhetorical question.We take Marvin and shop him in a later deal to Sixers. How did you not understand that.

AG it's more so Ferry doesn't want to make a move first week as GM. They're interested but he wants to sit with Josh first. If Josh stands strong on wanting to leave I think Ferry pulls the trigger

Originally Posted by PMatic

laugh.gif
at the Philly trade.

Atlanta isn't going to pay the luxury tax, which that trade would cause.

Philly trade sucks for Philly, but they seem adamant at cutting salary quick. And amnestying Brand and trading Iggy are their go to move. With the way that the luxury tax is, Iggy's value plummets for most teams. Sixers included. So the offer will always be crap. Iggy's worth is a little more than Marvin in reality in the league which is why only a few teams are trying to get him.
Hawks will be a luxury tax team whether they take that deal or not. They add a mil on that deal for this year. Next year they'd probably lose Josh anyway they'd still be at around $45mil with 3-4 roster spots filled. They'll be a luxury tax team regardless

Yall really need to stop Hahah . Lakers are not getting Iggy, Josh Smith and Dwight Howard. Hahahahahhahahah the fact you guys are even seriously discussing it is flat out delusional. Lakers move Paul and slightly attempt to upgrade the bench. That is ALL that is going to happen. Bynum will not be moved until after he has a more acts of immaturity aloofness in the 2012 2013 season. I flat out can't stand the guys attitude.

No one is expecting all that to happen. We know what's possible. So before you call us delusional we're talking about what we'd do with all the news and rumors of different teams.

Don't like it.. Stay out of the thread.

Originally Posted by Essential1

We’ll be able to tell whether or not Mitch & Jim want to win or not. If they get obscure players who have you saying What the $@*%. Then they are penny pinching and trying to save money. If they are trying to win they make at least 1 block buster trade, or they try to load up the bench with guys that makes you say
pimp.gif

If I were owner of this team, and it is hypocritical of me because asking someone else to do it is tough, but if I owned this team I’m saying damn the luxury tax for a year or two until Kobe’s contract is up. We lose money, it sucks. It’s financially dumb, but the Lakers have always been profitable. You win it two times on Kobe’s way out the lure of the Lakers is even better. Get under or close to under once Kobe leaves, and all is well in Laker land. Half the teams are breaking even or worse. We can handle it for a year or two, and go all out. With our TV deal, losing that money is only temporary.

If I owned this team, here is what I’m doing. I’ll explain any trades just quote the specific trade.

1. Lakers gets: Josh Smith, Marvin Williams
Hawks get: Pau Gasol, Steve Blake

2. Orlando gets: Andrew Bynum, Robert Sucre
Lakers get: Dwight Howard

3. Philly gets: Marvin Williams, Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga
Lakers get: Andre Iguodala

4. I resign Jordan Hill to a 4 year/$16mil contract. $4mil seems fair market value for him, and not too much where you can’t move him if need be. He’s only 23.

5. Resign Sessions 4 year/ $24mil. RFA clause for 5th year. He wants security. This gives it. Lou is suppose to get $8mil on the market, I think $6mil for Sessions is more than fair, maybe even top end of his earnings. So it could even be 4year/$20mil.

I have now filled the entire starting lineup (Sessions-Kobe-Iguodala-Smith-Howard).
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Let the Iggy to LA Campaign begin.

GIve him up Philly
laugh.gif

Yall just drafted your 7th 6'7-6'9 forward

That's probably the best reason he's gone. Which I forgot about. As long as we don't lose Pau for Iggy I'm doing the deal all day. But needs to be a 3 team since Sixers want very little contract back

It doesn't get exhausting wondering about all these dudes? D12, Deron, Sheed, Nash, Odom, Mo, MKG, Garnett, Josh, Iggy... yikes!

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Yall really need to stop Hahah . Lakers are not getting Iggy, Josh Smith and Dwight Howard. Hahahahahhahahah the fact you guys are even seriously discussing it is flat out delusional. Lakers move Paul and slightly attempt to upgrade the bench. That is ALL that is going to happen. Bynum will not be moved until after he has a more acts of immaturity aloofness in the 2012 2013 season. I flat out can't stand the guys attitude.

The Lakers traded Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol in his prime. The Lakers were a David Stern goose step away from having a team with Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard. The Lakers traded Luke Walton, Jason Kapono and Derek Fisher for Ramon Sessions, Christian Eyenga and Jordan Hill. The Lakers traded Vlade Divac for Kobe Bryant. honestly I used to feel just how you do about these absurd trade proposals but Logo and the MitchGod has proven anything is possible with this front office. also there are supposedly at least three teams with interest in Pau Gasol despite his contract + trade kicker.

While I would love to have Iggy in LA I would put possible Pau trades in this order:

1a. Pau for a package including Lowry AND Scola
1b. Pau for Iggy

2. Pau for Minny's package

3. Pau to Memphis for a package including Gay

99. Pau for Josh Smith

I like that trade.

If we lose Ramon, we got Derrick. If we keep Ramon, we've got 2 competent PGs, and we can force Blake into a long overdue retirement. Or make him missing, one or the other.

Lose Pau "I'm old and I've got a couple rings so I don't need to try anymore. Hey, can you slow down, Ramon?" Gasol and gain Michael "Oh snap, Cali?! Best kush on earth! I need to do what I gotta do to stay here! Where's Kareem at? Need to find him while I'm still young! Push the rock! Leggo!" Beasley.

And Pau can finish his career w/ that overrated national teammate.

Winners all the way around.

Doesn't fill youth need? Athleticism need? Bench production need?
grin.gif

Both of those guys are still under the age of 25, and are former no.2 overall picks so the talent is definitely there........I guess I just have a different mindset than some of y'all....I'm thinking beyond JUST these next 2 years to help Kobe get #6

Back
Top Bottom