New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Hmmmm, I forgot we still have Jordan Hill and Ebanks, and if we can get lucky with Goudelock, I actually like those 3. Need some luck, and the 2 kids to work really freaking hard, but since it's us, hey. :lol:

So, uh... no concerns about whether or not Dwight will create a locker room distraction centered around Kobe or the coach?

"I'm not getting the ball enough" could be a slam on either, or both.

And before someone says "Well hell, MB does suck", I ask you: do we really want any sort of distraction at this point in Kobe's career?

Ska, that would worry me if not for Nash. Nash will feed ANYbody. No worries.

Even Mike Brown can't **** that up..........uh, could we maybe call Phil one last time, just in case? :\ :lol:

Nash will take care of touches, Kobe will get plenty, of course, but he also will play about 32-33 minutes, ie, more time for others to touch things.

So, uh... no concerns about whether or not Dwight will create a locker room distraction centered around Kobe or the coach?

"I'm not getting the ball enough" could be a slam on either, or both.

And before someone says "Well hell, MB does suck", I ask you: do we really want any sort of distraction at this point in Kobe's career?

My concerns are

1) everyone getting enough shots - Nash should do a great job distributing but it's still worrisome
2) Kobe trying to do much down the stretch a la OKC - hopefully he lets Nash make the game easier for him at all times including crunch time
3) injuries/age - Kobe and Nash are up there. Dwight is recovering from a back injury and we all know back injuries can be nagging
4) Mike Brown - can he control all the ego's, keep everyone happy, and run the right offense?
5) the bench - our bench still is weak, hopefully MB is smart enough not to run the starters into the ground. We don't need to chase the #1 seed. We are built for the playoffs

My concerns are
1) everyone getting enough shots - Nash should do a great job distributing but it's still worrisome
2) Kobe trying to do much down the stretch a la OKC - hopefully he lets Nash make the game easier for him at all times including crunch time
3) injuries/age - Kobe and Nash are up there. Dwight is recovering from a back injury and we all know back injuries can be nagging
4) Mike Brown - can he control all the ego's, keep everyone happy, and run the right offense?
5) the bench - our bench still is weak, hopefully MB is smart enough not to run the starters into the ground. We don't need to chase the #1 seed. We are built for the playoffs

Winning multiple rings and having the keys to the franchise when the current franchise player is done cure's A LOT of things :lol:

watching kobe in the olympics, when he gets stubborn it is :smh:, i hope they practice a lot and MB comes up with a good offensive strategy

The window was supposed to be closed -- or at least closing -- on the Lakers' pursuit of a championship after last season and the new CBA was supposed to have locked that window shut for the foreseeable future.

This offseason Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and Lakers executive vice president Jim Buss took a sledge hammer to that window and now it's wide open. In the process, they may have also made the Lakers the favorites to win the NBA title yet again.

After the disappointment of "basketball reasons" robbing them of Chris Paul, the Lakers somehow got Nash for a package of draft picks and the trade exception they received from the Lamar Odom deal with Dallas. Then they finally found the right mix of teams and players to get Howard from Orlando for Andrew Bynum and a protected draft pick.

If you're keeping track at home that means the Lakers essentially got Howard and Nash for Bynum, Odom and draft picks and were able to keep Pau Gasol in the process.

The Lakers have had their fair share of favorable trades in their history but this combination may top them all.

Link:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8254617/suddenly-los-angeles-lakers-team-beat-again

pimp.gif

orlando better not **** this up 
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom