[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Jeremy Reed
pimp.gif
Even with that orange tan
pimp.gif

Marlins were biting their nails, they def stole this game.

Maine had a good outing which was important. Win tomm would be nice with Santana on Sunday.

David has been over-compensating for his slower bat speed by opening his left hip and shoulders way too soon, his swing has looked discombobulated despite hiscareer highs last year....he can't even take that outside pitch the other way with consistency the way he used to.

stole it? no...they were up 2-0 through 5 and the mets never led.. if the mets would of won you could call it a "steal"

Steal in the sense that they went 1 for 12 with RISP, and that fluke bloop hit by Baker.

thats there own ineffectiveness tonight..they gave the marlins the game with that performance they didnt deserve it

Any reason why the Mets decided to ditch the blk road jersey? They kept the blk home jersey.

Pretty frustrating loss last night. Hopefully Livan can go 6, dare I say 7? He's always been a horse so it's a possibility.

I liked what I saw from Maine, rather watch him pitch than Ollie any day of the week.

- Well, I was hoping to split the 1st two with Santana coming on Sunday, great chance to win another series before heading home.

- David's swing still looks like a mess, its been that way since the home run derby, despite him still putting up career highs.

- Church is extremely under-rated (I knew he would be solid when we traded for him), he was our best player for 90 games last year before that concussion. MikeFatcessa would prob call him Paul O'Neil if he was on the Yankees.

- Castillo deserves 5 hits, what a difference it makes when he's actually attacking those fastballs instead of taking them.

Castillo will be fine this season I think.

Livan... Maybe it's the relation to el Dookie... Or the fact that I'm still pining for Pedro.... But I have no confidence that he'll continue topitch like he did today. But we shall see.

Offense has been schitzo so far. Up one game, down the next. But it's still way too early in the season to worry.

Livan will be straight considering his knee is fine, baseball is 162 games he will hover around a 4-4.50 era when its all said and done, its good to havesomeone who you KNOW will be there every 5th day unlike Pedro lately.

Back
Top Bottom