New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

I know they are struggling this year but I don't see the Padres trading Soto. They just dealt for him last year and want to sign him ling term. I'd love to have him though. If Hal wants to earn my love they trade for Soto and sign Ohtani in the offseason and go full dad mode.

And as much as I like Soto, no way am I taking him over Ohtani. Can't hide from monsters under the bed aka injuries. Ohtani is something we've never seen. Just hard to compute his value, it's tremendous.

Would I like Soto? Yes. I don’t know if Padres sell him off unless they completely bomb up to the trade deadline. I’m watching him him now and he just had an at bat again where it looked like he injured his hand l/wrist like he did before the All Star break. I’d hate to trade for him and that be worse than he thought it was. I say go on on Arenado and see what else you can do.

will never forget when Cashman and Boone came out and said Donaldson will have a bounce back year. And he then got significantly worse.

We can all hate Ellsbury. But he was injury prone. Donaldson is just bad and not even someone you want to root for.

FB_IMG_1689429605752.jpg

Cash better not play at this deadline

download.gif

I’m taking Soto over Ohtani

You guys are out of your God damn minds :lol:

Have you guys even seen Soto since he went to the Padres?

He’s been bang *** average.

He’s going to end up losing money because of it.

Have you guys even seen Soto since he went to the Padres?

He’s been bang *** average.

He’s going to end up losing money because of it.
He's rocking a .900 OPS this year and that was with a bad start. 150 wRC+. 100 is average. Ain't nothing average about that guy. Literally 50% better than average.

He's rocking a .900 OPS this year and that was with a bad start. 150 wRC+. 100 is average. Ain't nothing average about that guy. Literally 50% better than average.

He’s a bum since he became a Padre.

Going to be demanding 40 million year for the next 13 years.

I’m good.

You know what sucks about baseball as you get older. Is how hard it is to keep up with random guys. Even with so much info at my fingertips

You go through the 90s and early 2000s, I could tell you so much about LaTroy Hawkins. And that was well before he became a Yankee.

Now it feels like I don’t care.

He’s a bum since he became a Padre.

Going to be demanding 40 million year for the next 13 years.

I’m good.
He's 7th in wRC+ this year and that's with a terrible first month. You must not have paid attention the last 2 months? 7th best hitter in baseball is a "bum." :lol:

No interest in Soto. Don’t need to see his analytics, I’ve seen him play enough this year. If San Diego decides to trade him, they’re gonna want a lot since they gave up so much. He’s had multiple issues with the San Diego media and even if we got him for nothing, he’s not worth that 300+ mil contract. Good batter, below average fielder.

Yankees need to go all in on trading for Ohtani. Good chance if you get him, you sign him. He’ll fall in love with the organization and the city.

Back
Top Bottom