New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

Swept by the ****in Angels…..yeah, blow it up. Make almost anyone available and have Judge get the surgery.
Who do we even have that would command top end prospects lol? Judge and Cole? I don't think Gleyber, Rizzo, or DJ move the needle. Stanton is one of the worst contracts in the league. Holmes is a top 20 RP, maybe he gets a little?

This is a combined effort across the board. Keep in mind in wRC+, 100 is league average.

Rizzo - 104 (156 in May, 60 in June, 8 in July lol)

Gleyber - 111 - he's OK. Not good, not great. He's OK.

Volpe - 80 - he's been horrific. Outside of judge getting hurt, he's thr biggest reason we've struggled. May and July he's at 57. 57% of league average. We put a lot of trust in the kids stepping up this year and they haven't.

Bader - 88

Trevino - 57 ... thus dude turned into a pumpkin at midnight.

Ikf - 88

DJ - 81

Peraza - 81

Donaldson - 75

So looking at our regulars, Gleyber is the only one above league average. Rolling out a bunch of 80 wRC+ guys is embarrassing. Judge and the bullpen really masked some massive flaws early.

Cats a sensitive clown. He will be “hurt” shortly if he doesn’t start pitching well. Everyone can see these big risky moves aren’t going to pan out but Cash and Hal? Cash really gotta go! He loves fragile players.
IMG_9164.jpeg

Bader stay hurt, Rodon has a history of being hurt, Montas always hurt, Hicks was always Hurt, Stanton stay hurt, Judge stay hurt, Donaldson was getting to Hurt point in his career.

Cats a sensitive clown. He will be “hurt” shortly if he doesn’t start pitching well. Everyone can see these big risky moves aren’t going to pan out but Cash and Hal? Cash really gotta go! He loves fragile players.
IMG_9164.jpeg
I mean he was the best SP on the market last year. He's been a top 2-3 SP in baseball for a few years. Why was that "big risky" move? Should they just not sign FA that haven't played in NY?

I mean he was the best SP on the market last year. He's been a top 2-3 SP in baseball for a few years. Why was that "big risky" move? Should they just not sign FA that haven't played in NY?
It was risky because of his history. He had 2 good back to back seasons and the rest were not that good. Stop taking chances on injury prone players when half the team is injury prone. Rodon was not someone you should salivate for.

Just like everyone knows the Judge contract is Risky because of his injury history. If Judge wasn’t the face of the Franchise and number 1 merchandise seller for the Yankees I don’t think Hal would’ve put that type of money on the table for him. Judge lines Hals pockets wether we win or lose.

ehh I had no issue with the Rodon move.. I'm not gonna sit here and act like i wasnt all for it. There are also other/BIGGER issues IMO

Just like everyone knows the Judge contract is Risky because of his injury history. If Judge wasn’t the face of the Franchise and number 1 merchandise seller for the Yankees I don’t think Hal would’ve put that type of money on the table for him. Judge lines Hals pockets wether we win or lose.
I never wanted us to chase judge. felt like it was a good time to part ways. Given his age/history.. we could have invested that money in a much younger team. However, we were told this team is ready to win NOW. Not with this GM/Manager.

It was risky because of his history. He had 2 good back to back seasons and the rest were not that good. Stop taking chances on injury prone players when half the team is injury prone. Rodon was not someone you should salivate for.
With all the limitations you want to put on players, they'd never sign anyone.

ehh I had no issue with the Rodon move.. I'm not gonna sit here and act like i wasnt all for it. There are also other/BIGGER issues IMO
Never had a good feeling about Rodon but I could be wrong. But Def other bigger issues.

With all the limitations you want to put on players, they'd never sign anyone.
They need a hard reset. But Hal won’t do it because he’s afraid to lose money with the team probably not being competitive. Lift the beard policy and loosen up a bit since you put patches on The uniform and see where it goes.

This is painful. We can blame Cash, Hal, and Boone all we want but at some point when do we blame the players? They just aren't performing.

1689861500044.png
While I agree the players have to take accountablity.. the fact that some of them still play for us falls on Cash/Boone/Hal. Easier to fire one person than an entire team. I would also argue a better manager gets more out of this team.. getting swept by the Angels is not it.

They need a hard reset. But Hal won’t do it because he’s afraid to lose money with the team probably not being competitive. Lift the beard policy and loosen up a bit since you put patches on The uniform and see where it goes.
Oh yea fully agree there. The old outdated and racist policies need to go. I don't think it changes the performance much but they do need to go.

While I agree the players have to take accountablity.. the fact that some of them still play for us falls on Cash/Boone/Hal. Easier to fire one person than an entire team. I would also argue a better manager gets more out of this team.. getting swept by the Angels is not it.
Sure, Cashman signed them all. It's on him at the end of the day. Disagree on Boone, there's not much he can do when the entire team is just underperforming from what they should. This isn't a case of bad lineup management or a bad bullpen move. Maybe there's some off field stuff that's affecting on field and he needs to fix that. idk I just hold the guys actually hitting more responsible than the guy filling out a lineup card based on what the analytics department tells him. The players have waaaaaay more affect on the game and they almost all suck *** this year. It's on them.

I don't want my comments to be twisted. I'm not defending Boone, Cashman, or Hal. They all play a role. I'm just saying the players carry the most responsibility. We're all quick to say fire this guy and that guy but the players are the biggest culprit in it all. We don't have bad players, they just aren't performing.

Cash and Hal are the types that no matter what room they are in, they think they are the smartest. They don’t strike me as being humble or taking accountability for their mistakes.

Let's go Jets ....

And Rodon really effed up with that kiss. Yankee fans are gonna kill him with that if he stinks it up . 50,000 people blowin kisses. Should be fun :smh:
Yea that was pretty dumb. We have some really really ****ty fans but you just have to ignore them. You can't do that.

Back
Top Bottom