NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn.
tired.gif

Murdock was also teammates @ South Carolina w/ Kenny McKinley. Kenny played for the Broncos and killed himself in 2010

The Vikings might be the worst team in the league this year. Not sure how you could realistically say that you think they'll get 7 wins. The Colts and Rams are the only other ones with a shot at having a worse record....the Jags and Browns defenses are too good for them to suck worse than those teams.

They really didnt beat a team with a winning record until the conference championship :lol:

Then again they only played two teams with a winning record prior to that game.

And as far as Minnesota goes as long as All Day gets his shine and stays healthy is IMo just about all Viking fans can hope for. I expect him to tear **** up this year for real.

I don't necessarily think he will but I'd buy the theory with a harder schedule, weak finish by him last year, teams better prepared for him, etc. But I'm guessing he will do fine

Under what grounds?

Sophomore slump in quotes because that's what the perception will be. I had to explain this about Matt Ryan and others who felt because the QB did really well as a rookie, it was assumed they would have better numbers and more production in their second year. That's not true and doesn't mean they are regressing. It's actually progression in that when a Q is in his second season, more things in the offense are exposed to him. Deeper playbook, more responsibility at the LOS with audibles/check with me's, and more in depth recognition skills for reading defenses, etc.... Add that to the fact that they'll be playing a tougher schedule in a really tough division, I believe Dalton and the Bengals won't have a very good year. Year 3 will be more telling. They'll be a tough team though.

Speaking of tough teams...The Vikings will not be the worst team in the League. They have a lot of holes but you'll see after Week 1 when they crush Jacksonville that they'll be a tough opponent all year. They still have the best sack master in the game (arguably), the best RB (unarguably when healthy), an improved O-line, and two stud TE's. LB core is solid. Team is fairly solid. Crazy competitive division does them in, but they got that last place scheduling. They WILL NOT be the the worst team. I'm willing to put money on that.

Braylon Edwards to the seahawks, 1 year contract. I don't know what they trying to do over there. Jeff Otah also failed the jets physical so back to carolina he goes

Last edited:
I'll agree with you 651akathePaul but that's contingent on on Ponder coming along & Frazier growing as a head coach. He was was solid DC, but he's lost at times during his tenure as HC. He's let games slip past him that the Vikes should've won. How do you feel about Frazier?

I see what your saying about your clarification on Dalton, but I think he'll be fine. I think Gruden will have that offense humming. Plus they have Jordan Shipley coming back & I like their picks up of Sanu & Jones at WR in draft. Team them with Green & Greshem?!! Plus I like Zimmer's D. Aside from the dookie browns, the AFC North should be kinda tough this year.

I'll agree with you 651akathePaul but that's contingent on on Ponder coming along & Frazier growing as a head coach. He was was solid DC, but he's lost at times during his tenure as HC. He's let games slip past him that the Vikes should've won. How do you feel about Frazier?

I'm willing to give him another chance, as if it were up to me anyway. :lol: I loved the promotion, but I felt he was a bit inept when dealing with the offensive side of the ball. He hasn't shown that he knows how to utilize the team's strenghs and the strengths of each individual player. It's like he has a dull and one sided view of how to run an offense which is worrisome. If he can expand his philosophy a bit to incorporate how well Ponder's mobility and his ability to throw on the run as well as other little things here and there then he could last a bit longer with the Vikes. We'll see though..

Laughing at the story of Colts HC Pagano asking a fan wearing a Steelers Harrison jersey to switch to a Luck Colt jersey...He & Zibby are still worried about the Steelers...Ha, ha, ha...

Maaan. I can't wait for some dag gone NFL football to start....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom