NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk about the Vikings, I see a big breakout year for Rudolph. I'm talking potentially top-10 for all TEs.

All this talk about the Vikings, I see a big breakout year for Rudolph. I'm talking potentially top-10 for all TEs.

Yep. Good stuff for bringin' him up. Most that know about him are only Vikes fans. Rudolph is in line for a breakout season and should put up some very good numbers. Interested to see what Carlson can do if healthy all year and without having to block 90% of the time like he did with the Hawks.

Last edited:
Vikings schedule is tough. I honestly see them winning only 4 of those games -- 5 at most.

Last edited:
Vikings schedule is tough. I honestly see them winning only 4 of those games -- 5 at most.

I wouldn't say it's tough, because it's not for most teams. It's a last place schedule. They may only win 4 or 5 games, but that would be because they are that bad and not the schedule.

Rudolph could definitely be a potential top 10 fantasy tight end this year. That doesn't mean they still won't be really bad. I do kinda like Ponder but I'm not sure how high his potential is.....especially with that craptastic receiving crew outside of Harvin. But damn, I just checked their schedule and it's actually kinda easy. They probably won't win a single division game but they should honestly win their first two to start the year, the Cardinals, Rams and maybe the Seahawks. So they'll win 5 or 6 games most likely.

Rudolph could definitely be a potential top 10 fantasy tight end this year. That doesn't mean they still won't be really bad. I do kinda like Ponder but I'm not sure how high his potential is.....especially with that craptastic receiving crew outside of Harvin. But damn, I just checked their schedule and it's actually kinda easy. They probably won't win a single division game but they should honestly win their first two to start the year, the Cardinals, Rams and maybe the Seahawks. So they'll win 5 or 6 games most likely.

I think they win against Detroit once and potentially Chicago if Allen can get to Cutler like he knows how to....I hope Minnesota whoops Seattle. I'll probably be there, but I can't sleep on Seattle. They're going to compete with SF for that division if they can figure out that Q spot. No doubt.

Vikings schedule is not hard. :lol:

Jaguars, Colts, ********, Cardinals, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Rams....

Glad that Kyle Rudolph is getting some recognition. You know that John Carlson sprained his knee and is undergoing an MRI. :smh: Frazier said it's nothing serious, but we'll see.

Vikings beating the bears :lol: ****** need to go to bed

Its very possible that the Vikings could beat the bears this season. Vikings will have a better football team. wayyyyy better than a 3-13 season a year ago. Dont be surprise if Vikings smack the Bears around in 1 of those matchups.

I think they win against Detroit once and potentially Chicago if Allen can get to Cutler like he knows how to....I hope Minnesota whoops Seattle. I'll probably be there, but I can't sleep on Seattle. They're going to compete with SF for that division if they can figure out that Q spot. No doubt.

We had Detriot on the ropes last season. We was beating them 20-0 in the 2nd half beginning of the year, and they came back and won in overtime. last meeting we was getting ready to win, Joe webb facemask was pulled and he fumbled. Seems like Sports analyst dont never mention all the close games we lost last season.

Yesterday's conversation about Gabbert was timely. ProFootballTalk.com just posted this story about that sorry a**. Gene Smith has done an awful job putting that team together.

So far, Gabbert doesn’t look ready for a leap
Posted by Evan Silva on August 1, 2012, 9:24 AM EDT

The Jacksonville Jaguars are reeling, and increasingly injured. And the new head coach has never even met the best player on the team. To be kind, the Jaguars’ season is off to a dysfunctional start.

There is a quick fix for all of this, though, and we’ve alluded to it before. And conveniently, the guy who can do it is already on the roster. Quarterback Blaine Gabbert can elevate the Jaguars’ 2012 performance if he takes a big leap in year two of his NFL career. Gabbert is the key to Jacksonville’s season.

According to ESPN.com AFC South blogger Paul Kuharsky, however, Gabbert’s practice-field performance suggests he is not ready for that sophomore leap.

Kuharsky was in attendance for Tuesday’s practice, and wrote that Gabbert “didn’t look like a guy who’s made the big jump.” While Kuharsky guessed that Gabbert’s footwork has improved, the quarterback’s lingering accuracy woes were more noticeable.

“You watch it and don’t understand how it still happens,” Kuharsky wrote. “… I didn’t come away from this morning session feeling like he was much more effective than the last time I saw him.”

Accuracy and an utter lack of pocket composure were Gabbert’s primary downfalls during one of the worst rookie seasons by a quarterback in league history. It doesn’t sound like he’s corrected the accuracy flaw. We’ll know in Week One whether he’s overcome the pocket fear.

The Jaguars face Jared Allen’s Vikings in the season opener.

Cool article on the Packers. We could be working a lifetime deal with Aaron Rodgers.
smokin.gif

http://m.jsonline.com/more/sports/packers/163643416.htm
fam...the money this man is gonna see....

dare i say, baseball numbers???  i honestly think so...must feel good to be king/young...

:lol: This Vikings talk will be done by week 6 when these fans realize they are going nowhere. Let them have their pipe dream for now, reality will soon smack them in the face.

We'll talk about whatever the hell it is that comes up football related. Just so happens it's Vikings talk right now. If you got something else you want to mention then bring it up.

:lol: This Vikings talk will be done by week 6 when these fans realize they are going nowhere. Let them have their pipe dream for now, reality will soon smack them in the face.

Pretty sure we were talking about the Vikings last season up until the end. No fair weather fans here...They could be 0-6 and we'll still discuss the Vikes. Not going away...And look at you. :lol: Chest all puffed out after the first winning season in forever.

Football is unpredictable.

The only team that I know will be good is the Patriots every other team is up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom