NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny...I don't see a comparison. It was a point of emphasis that no matter how stellar a QB is in college and coming into the NFL, his team can still have a losing record.
Get off your high horse before you get hurt. You say keep it objective, but it's hard for me to take you serious when your blind towards your own ignorance and hard headedness.
Look at this paragraph that you just typed:
Where's your argument?You're just typing optimism and names down thinknig that it will prove your point for you. Drafted two TE's? So? Rookies still need to mesh into their sytem and into the NFL. Plus, you mention how bad of an offensive line they have. Well, if you knew as much about football as you say you do then you'll understand that TE's who are apart of an atrocious O-Line don't do much route running. Reggie is Reggie, but Reggie is aging and doesn't provide the same dynamic he once did. Still can be productive, but is no real consistent game changer. And Austin Collie is healthy...For now.
Then you go to the defense and say they're not holding anyone. So they'll get scored on at will and have to score 27 points a game just to be in it?Umm...Yeah. So, with a bad defense and a suspect O-line (the foundation of a football team only excluding the Q) will be a team that will be fighting for a Wild Cardif a team from that division is even involved?..Haha what????
So again...Are you arguing for or against the Colts, because your points don't help you out. Maybe they don't go 3-13, but c'mon... Not to mention we didn't even get to their RB situation. Not one of them has done anything in the Legaue and with this bad line, then what help will this running game bring to Luck? ****...I'm done.

1. Ain't nobody getting hurt round here tough guy.

2. I understand that they can have a losing record, never said they couldn't. My thing is that they have a better shot than most are giving 'em.

3. Fleener & Luck may not have as much of a learning curve as you think, Luck is the most NFL ready QB we've seen in a long time and Fleener was his TE at Stanford. They're going to get acclimated a lot sooner than you think. Reggie is old, sure and prolly isn't a game-changer, funny how people said that about Steve Smith last season til Cam revived him.

4. 27 points a game? So the Jags and Titans will be dropping 27 on 'em? The Vikings? The Jets? The Browns? The Dolphins? Chiefs? They can definitely go blow for blow with a lot of teams on their schedule. Sure they got the Pats, Texans, Lions & Packers but their schedule isn't exactly the toughest.

5.. Funny that you somehow think I was referring to you in that sidebar. Chill out son.

:lol: :lol: :lol: This topic = the dude's noose, and he brought it up himself :rofl:

We're in the heart of the Olympics.

US Women's soccer team had that great comeback yesterday, yet SportsCenter leads off with the Jets training camp scuffles. :lol: :smh:

You'd think training camp fights never happened before the way they're making a big deal about it.

I dont have anything against the Jets but It would be funny as hell if they sucked this year after all this media coverage.

Some places will tell you that the Colts projected win totals are tied for the bottom of the league around 5 or 6 wins.  Everything you said to support why they would be good is all the exact reasons that people have them at 5.5 wins.  So obviously you are going to sound pretty dumb.  I agree with the consensus your argument blows. You are basically using parity and the fact that every team has a little bit of talent to support your argument.  You could make an argument for almost every team if you tried hard enough.  Houston btw is 10.5 wins.  Plus you already backtracked from competing for the division to competing for wild card, which is also out of the question.

Last edited:
Some places will tell you that the Colts projected win totals are tied for the bottom of the league around 5 or 6 wins.  Everything you said to support why they would be good is all the exact reasons that people have them at 5.5 wins.  So obviously you are going to sound pretty dumb.  I agree with the consensus your argument blows. You are basically using parity and the fact that every team has a little bit of talent to support your argument.  You could make an argument for almost every team if you tried hard enough.  Houston btw is 10.5 wins.  Plus you already backtracked from competing for the division to competing for wild card, which is also out of the question.

Nah I said they were the wildcard to win their division, not to win the wildcard.

I can live with the fact that most people will disagree with my point of view, doesn't change my stance one bit.

I just don't see how they'll only have 5 wins considering some of the "competition" they'll be facing, they don't have an immensely difficult schedule. Could care less about projections too.

4-2 against divisional opponents, I see 'em sweeping the Jags, and though I feel like they can sweep the Titans, I'll say they'll split that series too. I see 'em taking one from the Texans too.

I see 'em besting the Vikings, Jets, Browns, Dolphins and Chiefs as well.

9-7 is possible. Likely? I agree, probably not, like I've said from the beginning however, they have a legit chance. Health of course being a key variable.

Last edited:

i'm pretty sure most of that is accurate. looking at who they got and lost, do you now see why most people aren't giving them a chance?

edit:

Nah I said they were the wildcard to win their division, not to win the wildcard.
I can live with the fact that most people will disagree with my point of view, doesn't change my stance one bit.
I just don't see how they'll only have 5 wins considering some of the "competition" they'll be facing, they don't have an immensely difficult schedule. Could care less about projections too.
4-2 against divisional opponents, I see 'em sweeping the Jags, and though I feel like they can sweep the Titans, I'll say they'll split that series too. I see 'em taking one from the Texans too.
I see 'em besting the Vikings, Jets, Browns, Dolphins and Chiefs as well.

9-7 is possible. Likely? I agree, probably not, like I've said from the beginning however, they have a legit chance. Health of course being a key variable.

you're seriously penciling in wins for a team that was 2-14?

Last edited:

i'm pretty sure most of that is accurate. looking at who they got and lost, do you now see why most people aren't giving them a chance?
edit:
you're seriously penciling in wins for a team that was 2-14?

yep, you're seriously comparing this years team to last years team which was basically TRYING to lose in hopes of landing Luck?

Think before you post.

BTW a great portion of those guys were on there way out due to age anyways, so it's not like they wouldn't have let 'em walk even if Peyton was retained.

:rofl: did you even read what you posted? they replaced most of those vets with youth and got rid of a bunch of washed up dudes.

Last edited:
so word is patriot offense struggled in the team practice with the saints today. offensive line was the major issue given injuries and absences :nerd:

yep, you're seriously comparing this years team to last years team which was basically TRYING to lose in hopes of landing Luck?
Think before you post.
BTW a great portion of those guys were on there way out due to age anyways, so it's not like they wouldn't have let 'em walk even if Peyton was retained.
:rofl: did you even read what you posted? they replaced most of those vets with youth and got rid of a bunch of washed up dudes.

think before you post, coming from the guy hyping a 2-14 football team solely based off of potential.

my point being, they didn't replace those vets with anyone making significant impact this season. this is the texans division to lose, point blank. the titans are easily the second best team in this division. the colts and jags aren't making any waves this season.

The colts are not better then the titans

I wonder why you feel that way.

:rolleyes

Britt = unhealthy, possibly suspended.

Locker = losing camp battles to the incumbent, not ready to start. I once had high hopes for the kid, he needs some more time.

Jake Locker has completed just 9-of-30 passes during the last two practices.
Meanwhile, Matt Hasselbeck has gone 26-for-31 during that span. It's notable because the biggest knock on Locker has always been his accuracy problems. Despite having the arm strength and athleticism edge on Hasselbeck, he won't win the job if he's spraying passes all over the place. The early-camp momentum Locker had appears to have worn off. Aug 3 - 12:08 PM

Chris Johnson = inconsistent desire, attending OTAs for the first time in his career because it was contractually obligated ($250,000 penalty otherwise). Has lost 1.6 YPC since his 2K season, barely had 1000 yards last season.

Worst in the league last season in run-blocking....http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol. CJ's production is predicated by line-play, unlike other top-tier RB's he needs others to open up his holes as he isn't a bruiser. His 2K season being the exception since Vince Young helped keep opposing defenses off-balance with his own athleticism, the two had an excellent rapport that he just doesn't seem to share with Locker nor Hasselbeck.

Luck > Locker, Hasselbeck. If the Titans don't address their issue at QB they're not doing a thing this season. CJ proved last season he can't carry the offense.

Last edited:
think before you post, coming from the guy hyping a 2-14 football team solely based off of potential.
my point being, they didn't replace those vets with anyone making significant impact this season. this is the texans division to lose, point blank. the titans are easily the second best team in this division. the colts and jags aren't making any waves this season.

can you tell me who'll be this seasons superbowl winner since you already know none of their acquisitions will be impact players this season?

can you tell me who'll be this seasons superbowl winner since you already know none of their acquisitions will be impact players this season?

let's be clear, your rationale for their turnaround and why they'll compete for the division is invested in a rookie quarterback and 2 rookie tight ends right? what about defensively?

"I see 'em besting the Vikings, Jets, Browns, Dolphins and Chiefs as well."

their pass defense was 15th..only because their rush defense was 29th. how are you penciling in wins here?

edit: and i cant tell you who will win the superbowl, but i can tell you the colts will be sitting home watching whoever make their superbowl run come playoff time

Last edited:
let's be clear, your rationale for their turnaround and why they'll compete for the division is invested in a rookie quarterback and 2 rookie tight ends right? what about defensively?
"I see 'em besting the Vikings, Jets, Browns, Dolphins and Chiefs as well."
their pass defense was 15th..only because their rush defense was 29th. how are you penciling in wins here?
edit: and i cant tell you who will win the superbowl, but i can tell you the colts will be sitting home watching whoever make their superbowl run come playoff time

for the record, i'm not a colts fan, so I could care less where they ultimately end up this season....

and no, if you've been reading you'd see i'm optimistic about wayne, collie, and brown/ballard in addition to fleener/allen.

at this point i'm just repeating myself, smh....

I said their defense is going to be terrible, like 10 times already. I said that they can definitely out-duel a lot of teams on their schedule (namely the ones you quoted me listing).

are we going to keep going around in circles, are people still trying to figure out my argument or are they actually ready to counter with a tangible rebuttal? Seriously, drumming on about their team last season (suck for luck) is pointless. Their performance last season isn't indicative of their prospects this season.

for the record, i'm not a colts fan, so I could care less where they ultimately end up this season....
and no, if you've been reading you'd see i'm optimistic about wayne, collie, and brown/ballard in addition to fleener/allen.
at this point i'm just repeating myself, smh....
I said their defense is going to be terrible, like 10 times already. I said that they can definitely out-duel a lot of teams on their schedule (namely the ones you quoted me listing).
are we going to keep going around in circles, are people still trying to figure out my argument or are they actually ready to counter with a tangible rebuttal? Seriously, drumming on about their team last season (suck for luck) is pointless. Their performance last season isn't indicative of their prospects this season.

oh so anyone who disagrees with you doesn't have a tangible rebuttal. none of us use logic.

you're optimistic about the receiving core and rookie quarterback, that still has a below average offensive line. no one thinks theyll be as bad as last season, but let's be realistic now. they aren't finishing over .500, and that isn't going to qualify as "a wildcard to win the division. i think they'll go 5-11 or 6-10 (the panthers went 6-10 last year for reference, and cam newton had a record breaking season).

all im basically saying is, you sound beyond foolish for even thinking the colts have a real chance of winning this division. if they do, sure i'll be the first one to say i was wrong and you were right.

oh so anyone who disagrees with you doesn't have a tangible rebuttal. none of us use logic.
you're optimistic about the receiving core and rookie quarterback, that still has a below average offensive line. no one thinks theyll be as bad as last season, but let's be realistic now. they aren't finishing over .500, and that isn't going to qualify as "a wildcard to win the division. i think they'll go 5-11 or 6-10 (the panthers went 6-10 last year for reference, and cam newton had a record breaking season).
all im basically saying is, you sound beyond foolish for even thinking the colts have a real chance of winning this division. if they do, sure i'll be the first one to say i was wrong and you were right.

NO, dude you're the one who took what I wrote out of context, that's why most haven't had a tangible rebuttal because they're too busy getting butthurt or mincing my words. Until someone can fully comprehend my argument like I do theirs, I won't give 'em the time of day.

I will say that the Panthers are a fair reference point, however I think their overall failure had to do more with coaching. I feel like they were more concerned with showcasing Cam than using all their weapons collectively. I really disliked how they ran their 2-TE sets when Olsen was clear choice and I hated that they insisted on having an RBBC when Stewart was clearly flashing his ability last season.

I like where the Colts are headed, and I'm not pigeonholing 'em as surefire winners this season, simply playing devil's advocate and giving 'em more of a chance than most.

I wonder why you feel that way.
:rolleyes
Britt = unhealthy, possibly suspended.
Locker = losing camp battles to the incumbent, not ready to start. I once had high hopes for the kid, he needs some more time.
Chris Johnson = inconsistent desire, attending OTAs for the first time in his career because it was contractually obligated ($250,000 penalty otherwise). Has lost 1.6 YPC since his 2K season, barely had 1000 yards last season.
Worst in the league last season in run-blocking....http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol. CJ's production is predicated by line-play, unlike other top-tier RB's he needs others to open up his holes as he isn't a bruiser. His 2K season being the exception since Vince Young helped keep opposing defenses off-balance with his own athleticism, the two had an excellent rapport that he just doesn't seem to share with Locker nor Hasselbeck.
Luck > Locker, Hasselbeck. If the Titans don't address their issue at QB they're not doing a thing this season. CJ proved last season he can't carry the offense.

Son....the only players you guys have coming in to improve your team which was the worst in the entire league by a WIDE margin last year are rookies. And on top of that, your bringing Chris Johnson into the argument when your starting RB is Donald Brown. The Titans also have one of the best offensive lines in the whole league while you have the worst. They have a pretty good defense....while you have the worst. Did your brain skip 2011 or something?

Son....the only players you guys have coming in to improve your team which was the worst in the entire league by a WIDE margin last year are rookies. And on top of that, your bringing Chris Johnson into the argument when your starting RB is Donald Brown. The Titans also have one of the best offensive lines in the whole league while you have the worst. They have a pretty good defense....while you have the worst. Did your brain skip 2011 or something?

The Colts aren't my team, come back when you read through my posts. No longer entertaining any argument made by those who clearly can't read.

BTW had Brown played a full season last year as the Colts starter he would've had a better year :rofl:, that's how trash CJ was last year. He played behind Addai/Carter for the better half of the season.

Again not a Colts fan, I could care less if they go 0-16, not even in the same conference as my team (Giants).

Last edited:
The Colts aren't my team, come back when you read through my posts. No longer entertaining any argument made by those who clearly can't read.

you said you're giving them more credit than the rest of us. that's pretty clear when you also said they were a wildcard to win the afc south. none of us are saying that they will be 2-14 bad, but 6-10 still isn't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom