NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Brown coming out the tunnel?
laugh.gif
only much younger and faster.

ProFootballCentral ‏@pfcentral · 5m
Spoke to several ******** players who are blowing up Coach Grudens phone tonight to get him to do whatever to sign DeSean .

:pimp:

yeah but that wont stop them if they truly want him. its way too easy to manipulate the cap.

Last edited:
Yeah I figure if they really want they can find a way to sign him, but it's going to hurt their ability to fill all their other holes going forward.

Think this is just to get other teams to offer him more. That team was worse than Oakland last year and will be this year.

@LindsayFox5 "Hearing that when Desean Jackson visits DC Monday Dan Snyder will not let him leave...will open up the pocket books for this"

They'll make him an offer he can't refuse....

I'd say that the Skins have a much better future than Oakland atm. Plus you have the draw of playing your old team twice a year.

I wouldn't. And I still think RG3 can be the man. But that team has very little talent, except they also got no money and their coach is Jay Gruden.

I want him in Oakland but I don't want to give him a crazy amount of money either. Chiefs out

Last edited:
Skins can use the draft and the remaining $ in FA to shore up the offensive line etc.

Adding DJax to an offense that has Alfred Morris, Garcon, Andre Roberts, and Jordan Reed would make them extremely explosive. Just gotta hope that RG3 takes some HUGE steps (which I think he will) going forward in year 3.

I'm not worried about the 7 mil the skins have left to spend. They're smart about restructuring. If they want DJax, they'll make it happen. Bleeee dat.

*edit*

Skins insider...

Kevin ‏@HTTR24_7 7m

So D.Jackson wants to play for Washington.. Will be crazy if it happens

Last edited:
Skins can use the draft and the remaining $ in FA to shore up the offensive line etc.

Adding DJax to an offense that has Alfred Morris, Garcon, Andre Roberts, and Jordan Reed would make them extremely explosive. Just gotta hope that RG3 takes some HUGE steps (which I think he will) going forward in year 3.

I'm not worried about the 7 mil the skins have left to spend. They're smart about restructuring. If they want DJax, they'll make it happen. Bleeee dat.

It's more than shoring up the bad offensive line. It's one of the worst defenses in football.

It's more than shoring up the bad offensive line. It's one of the worst defenses in football.

We'll see what happens....

Gotta think that O-line will be a major point of emphasis when the draft rolls around.

As far as the defense, I don't have super high hopes, but they can't be much worse than what they were showing last season. I'm going to be curious to see if their struggles were due to Shanahan's meddling or if it was indeed Haslett's doing.

A lot of wait and see.

Personally, I don't think they're too far off from getting back to being a .500 or better team.

I think Oakland is better on both sides of the ball. There were reports about players not liking Griffin and the special treatment he got. Plus you gotta new coach that doesn't look promising. Plus Oakland is close to home, Oakland makes the most sense but I could be wrong. They said there's 7-8 teams still in it.

No one knows anything about Gruden, so it's not exactly fair to say that he doesn't look promising.

Players had nothing but respect for RG3. London Fletcher and other vets came forward to silence those anonymous sources who said there was jealousy/dissension in the locker room concerning Griffin.

I don't think that Oakland is better on both sides of the ball over the Skins, but it is what it is. Not saying much, but he'll have a better chance of winning (between the teams pursuing him) by picking the Skins. Not to mention, the awesome opportunity to stick it to the Eagles 2x per season has to be a real draw. To me, it seems like he's getting an extremely raw deal by the Eagles. They slandered the **** out of him over the past 48 hours or so. Dude has to be seething.

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna ·

Source close to DeSean Jackson: he wants to play for Washington. Yes money is part of it but if its right fit it could work.

Last edited:
[quote name="100027" url="/t/345476/nfl-discussion-thread-nfl-draft-may-8-10/82860#post_20196882"]
I'd say that the Skins have a much better future than Oakland atm. Plus you have the draw of playing your old team twice a year.

I wouldn't. And I still think RG3 can be the man. But that team has very little talent, except they also got no money and their coach is Jay Gruden.[/quote]
I think Oakland is better on both sides of the ball. There were reports about players not liking Griffin and the special treatment he got. Plus you gotta new coach that doesn't look promising. Plus Oakland is close to home, Oakland makes the most sense but I could be wrong. They said there's 7-8 teams still in it.

Good points. Personally, while I'm definitely happy that as of now Jackson is no longer in the division, I would also love nothing more than for the Skins to break the bank on him. Dude is not worth all that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom