NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing to a division rival to try and stick it to your former team in not a good look. If you feel they offer you the best in terms of your career then cool, cause really the Eagles don't care. But the fans do, the fans are the only ones who feel burned.

Whatever he chooses to do I hope he continues to ball out. The media really **** on his name this past week.

Last edited:

Signing to a division rival to try and stick it to your former team in not a good look. If you feel they offer you the best in terms of your career then cool, cause really the Eagles don't care. But the fans do, the fans are the only ones who feel burned.

Whatever he chooses to do I hope he continues to ball out. The media really **** on his name this past week.
Keep reading that the 49ers and Seahawks are the dark horses in this race.  If he cares about winning a title, he'll choose one of those teams on a 1 or 2 year contract.  If he cares more about money, he'll go to whatever pretender pays the best.

He was a great passer rookie year. Very accurate. Obviously the legs helped put him in the position to do that, but I don't think you can say he was overrated.

Looks like D.Jax wants to take a dump on Philly at least two times a year
laugh.gif
And would squabble with DeAngelo every practice.

Them red jerseys ain't looking so bad right now.

Come on man, I was excited to get him out of the NFCE now you're gonna tell me he's gonna line up with Garcon? :lol:

He was a great passer rookie year. Very accurate. Obviously the legs helped put him in the position to do that, but I don't think you can say he was overrated.

This is exactly why I say year 3 is when we'll see the type of QB Griffin projects to be. Is he more of the player we saw as a rookie, or is he more of the player we saw last year?

Speaking of RG3, he said that he's absolutely not wearing a brace this season.

Keep reading that the 49ers and Seahawks are the dark horses in this race.  If he cares about winning a title, he'll choose one of those teams on a 1 or 2 year contract.  If he cares more about money, he'll go to whatever pretender pays the best.
Even a 1-2 year contract would be pricey i would imagine. Seattle would be better off looking out for their own guys and contracts coming up. Same for the 9ers, though if SF feel it puts them above Seattle then its hard to argue cause windows aren't open forever.

Last edited:
Think this is just to get other teams to offer him more. That team was worse than Oakland last year and will be this year.

I'd say that the Skins have a much better future than Oakland atm. Plus you have the draw of playing your old team twice a year.

You know that Oakland is signing all these vets just so it buys them time to develope their draft picks

ATM? :lol:

Even a 1-2 year contract would be pricey i would imagine. Seattle would be better off looking out for their own guys and contracts coming up. Same for the 9ers, though if SF feel it puts them above Seattle then its hard to argue cause windows aren't open forever.
Agreed but having crabtree, boldin, d jax and then Vernon as your receivers sounds damn good.  If d jax cares about winning and a ring, he'll take a pay cut to go to a winner.

Seattle needs allot of help at WR at this point.

DeSean isn't taking a paycut :lol: this is the guy who made a huge deal out of not getting a new deal a few years ago. But hey, if he does then all the more power to him.

We got Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse. I like our young TEs. It might not be an elite unit but it's good enough. If we were going to go get a WR the one thing we are missing is a big body.

DJax doesn't fill a need. Breaking the bank for a WR unit is stupid anyway IMO.

Seahawks won a SB without a WR, they would be fools to get one.
SF has too many other players to pay.

Cleveland, NYJ and Oak make the most sense. Even though NYJ said they were out which is so foolish by them. I'm sure Rex hates Woody and Itzick

Last edited:
DeSean isn't taking a paycut :lol: this is the guy who made a huge deal out of not getting a new deal a few years ago. But hey, if he does then all the more power to him.

Nor should he take a paycut

Chasing rings becomes more of a fan narrative than the actual players

We got Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse. I like our young TEs. It might not be an elite unit but it's good enough. If we were going to go get a WR the one thing we are missing is a big body.

DJax doesn't fill a need. Breaking the bank for a WR unit is stupid anyway IMO.

Yup, kill that Seattle talk

If Seattle valued the position that high then Tate is still a Seahawk

They just arent throwing big money out there to anyone..DJax is no different

The only way in which DJax fits for Seattle is that he's gonna have a massive chip on his shoulder.

I think he actually makes sense for SF because their WRs, while good, are slow as hell. But yeah it would require them to make some sacrifices from a money perspective.

Tate is easily replaceable.

Thats why Tate has been throwing shots about the lowball offers Seattle gave him

They just didnt value him at the price he wanted with the core already here...especially with Harvin

Tate's an underrated player to me overall, but for Seattle's scheme he wasnt a must sign priority at WR

DeSean isn't taking a paycut
laugh.gif
this is the guy who made a huge deal out of not getting a new deal a few years ago. But hey, if he does then all the more power to him.
I mean you would hope he chose to play for your team cause he saw something there besides a huge paycheck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom