NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

An organization that knows how to manage their cap and player personnel, while developing their guys to fit systems and schemes is how the best franchises stay relevant and win.

Yes, teams have to draft players, but if the ultimate value is picks, why are some teams typically picking in then top 10 or top 15 year after year? Maybe because they don’t have the skills I just previously mentioned? Idk.

And I’m glad jim pointed that out. Because the browns were the ‘standard’ and now it’s laughing emoji’s at them. Whatever. The jokes write themselves

The Steelers best player on the team was just acquired via trade this season. For a 1st round pick..

Browns weren't "respectable" last year, and I didn't say playoffs right off, right? :lol:

And now they have us, Bengals twice, Denver......aren't they about to move up pretty quick?

They gettin Hunt back now.....Njoku soon?

And all their players are early-mid 20's, no? Core bein broken up this off-season?

Other than the fact that they are in year 4 of this thing and are 2-5 and pretty much whiffed on all of those picks other than Chubb, Garrett, and ward they are doing just fine.

4A97930E-2A4D-4BC7-B745-D03F4A514FE4.png

look at that core.

If all 8 of those picks turn into stud players will Dolphins be able to pay all those players when it comes time for them to get paid?

In theory, again, I say THEORY, the Patriot model is get them, cheap, coach them up, pay true difference makers, Tom, Gronk etc. If you don't love them as they age, let them walk and gain Comp pick for them, or trade them. Chandler Jones traded, Seymour etc.

So in your question, if 3 stick (paid) and 2 walk (comp picks) and you trade 1-2, and 1 busts.

Not a perfect science, but they clearly manage it well. Trick is, can't go crazy in Free Agency because that negates the Comps. NE, Balt, GB, Pitt, typically the best with those situations.

An organization that knows how to manage their cap and player personnel, while developing their guys to fit systems and schemes is how the best franchises stay relevant and win.

Yes, teams have to draft players, but if the ultimate value is picks, why are some teams typically picking in then top 10 or top 15 year after year? Maybe because they don’t have the skills I just previously mentioned? Idk.

And I’m glad jim pointed that out. Because the browns were the ‘standard’ and now it’s laughing emoji’s at them. Whatever. The jokes write themselves

The Steelers best player on the team was just acquired via trade this season. For a 1st round pick..

JuJu?

Or Ben?

Or did you mean Watt?

Conner?

Who were you referring too?

Take 16 out, previous regime no?

They've take that core and added Hunt, OBJ, and Landry on top of those picks. Spending during their QB rookie deal. Exactly what they should be doing.

And are 2-5. But no, we can’t just act like 2016 didn’t exist or they didn’t try this **** for 4 years or they arent the bottom half of their division right now or they didn’t potentially draft a QB who could set their franchise back another 5 years. No, you don’t get to randomly exclude any of that because it doesn’t fit your narrative

And are 2-5. But no, we can’t just act like 2016 didn’t exist or they didn’t try this **** for 4 years or they arent the bottom half of their divisions right now or they didn’t potentially draft a QB who could set their franchise back another 5 years. No, you don’t get to randomly exclude any of that because it doesn’t fit your narrative

I thought y'all loved Baker? Now he set them back 5 years?

I guess they fold the franchise after 2019. It's all over for them....or something.

Or.....maybe they switch off the head coach, and things change. Iono.

Again, ignore the other 31 teams. Just focus on the Browns for some reason.

I thought y'all loved Baker? Now he set them back 5 years?

I guess they fold the franchise after 2019. It's all over for them....or something.

Or.....maybe they switch off the head coach, and things change. Iono.

Again, ignore the other 31 teams. Just focus on the Browns for some reason.

because the browns were “the blueprint” for all of this

but baker does not look very good right now.

because the browns were “the blueprint” for all of this

but baker does not look very good right now.

Blueprint for stacking extra picks. NE, Balt, Sea, GB blueprint for nailing picks. NO too recently. Rams? (Iffy)

Clev got extra picks plus wiped out contracts to add on top of.

He does appear to be struggling. He needs some line focus soon.

You didn't draft Ben? *Checks notes*

No, you did. So......?

Did you even read what I originally posted for clarity and comprehension? Is this how you communicate off the internet? Not actively listening or acknowledging points and just babbling off whatever comes to mind because it’s your opinion?

But either way, the current best steelers player is the 38 year old guy that’s out for the season who went 35/62 with 0 TD’s and 1 INT through 1.5 games? Seriously?

Lol, anyway, the best player on the team is the guy the franchise traded for, for a 1st round pick.

Did you even read what I originally posted for clarity and comprehension? Is this how you communicate off the internet? Not actively listening or acknowledging points and just babbling off whatever comes to mind because it’s your opinion?

But either way, the current best steelers player is the 38 year old guy that’s out for the season who went 35/62 with 0 TD’s and 1 INT through 1.5 games? Seriously?

Lol, anyway, the best player on the team is the guy the franchise traded for, for a 1st round pick.

Your original point is picks are overvalued.

Your best players are JuJu, Watt and Conner. You wanna clame it's Minkah that's fine. Was he a Free Agent? CFL? UDFA? XFL?

Orrrrrrrrrr was he the 11th pick......in the Draft? That you used a Draft Pick to acquire?

?

Back
Top Bottom