NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

inb4 TLDR....

he ends it with...

"I’m sure it’s not helping that receivers coach Joe Judge, who’s a really good coach, has his priorities split with special teams. This group of receivers needs a full-time teacher. These lessons need to be learned now.

And Belichick might have to get more involved in the offensive discussions because McDaniels and Brady seem out of answers.

It’s not their fault, it’s Belichick’s. So he needs to find a way out of this. Because what they’re putting out there is not nearly good enough against good teams."

i mostly agree, but i think Brady's gotta hold the ball more being throwing it away at times. i know our OL isn't making that easy, but if these guys need more time to get open, that's really going to be the only way. he's already taking a lot of hits, but i dunno, this stuff isn't really fixable mid season in December now. it's fixed in OTAs, passing camps, etc..

E913ABAE-BAC3-4CBB-8ED6-978A0756E111.gif

You know you’d like them to sign him TODAY if Kraft would agree to it.

You ain’t winning in the playoffs with Sanu, Harry and Dorsett as your top options outside of Edelman.

yeah he would obviously help. but i don't mind the team cutting him loose. he's not worth the baggage he brings and i get cutting him because no player has lasted here when they do the stuff he does.

but i will say, the Josh Gordon thing is beyond maddening. i know y'all think he sucks now and didn't do jack, but he can get open, catch the ball, and open things up for other pass catchers on the team. with him, Edelman isn't seeing double teams. James White isn't seeing DBs instead of LBs. they cut him because they were impatient with him getting to 100% and replaced him with Sanu who has been 100% for about 3% of his time in NE so far :lol:

the not going after manny sanders (seriously going after him) is beyond maddening.

not replacing Gronk with an NFL caliber pass catching TE (let alone above average TE) is beyond maddening.

we basically have Edelman and White out there consistently. Dorsett who has been great when healthy has played like half the season? he's in and out with injuries.

Yeah I didn't get the cutting of Josh Gordon, he's still a good WR and a need for the Pats.

But I'm happy they cut him, now I can root for him.

Gordon is essentially a non-factor in Seattle FWIW. Granted tho, it's only what, three game weeks?

inb4 TLDR....

he ends it with...

"I’m sure it’s not helping that receivers coach Joe Judge, who’s a really good coach, has his priorities split with special teams. This group of receivers needs a full-time teacher. These lessons need to be learned now.

And Belichick might have to get more involved in the offensive discussions because McDaniels and Brady seem out of answers.

It’s not their fault, it’s Belichick’s. So he needs to find a way out of this. Because what they’re putting out there is not nearly good enough against good teams."

i mostly agree, but i think Brady's gotta hold the ball more being throwing it away at times. i know our OL isn't making that easy, but if these guys need more time to get open, that's really going to be the only way. he's already taking a lot of hits, but i dunno, this stuff isn't really fixable mid season in December now. it's fixed in OTAs, passing camps, etc..

giphy.gif

yeah he would obviously help. but i don't mind the team cutting him loose. he's not worth the baggage he brings and i get cutting him because no player has lasted here when they do the stuff he does.

but i will say, the Josh Gordon thing is beyond maddening. i know y'all think he sucks now and didn't do jack, but he can get open, catch the ball, and open things up for other pass catchers on the team. with him, Edelman isn't seeing double teams. James White isn't seeing DBs instead of LBs. they cut him because they were impatient with him getting to 100% and replaced him with Sanu who has been 100% for about 3% of his time in NE so far :lol:

the not going after manny sanders (seriously going after him) is beyond maddening.

not replacing Gronk with an NFL caliber pass catching TE (let alone above average TE) is beyond maddening.

we basically have Edelman and White out there consistently. Dorsett who has been great when healthy has played like half the season? he's in and out with injuries.

Whenever they cut Gordon I thought for sure he must have failed another drug test, but I guess that wasn’t the case so it really doesn’t make sense. I also can’t believe they replaced Gronk with Matt Lacosse and soon to be 39 year old Benjamin Watson. They even cut Demaryius Thomas who’s been pretty solid for the Jets this year.

Pretty sure AB, Gordon, Demaryius and Edelman as Brady’s WR’s this year would have that offense looking 100000% better.

Whenever they cut Gordon I thought for sure he must have failed another drug test, but I guess that wasn’t the case so it really doesn’t make sense. I also can’t believe they replaced Gronk with Matt Lacosse and soon to be 39 year old Benjamin Watson. They even cut Demaryius Thomas who’s been pretty solid for the Jets this year.

Pretty sure AB, Gordon, Demaryius and Edelman as Brady’s WR’s this year would have that offense looking 100000% better.

yeah heading into week 1 things were looking great. fell apart at the receiver position pretty quick. not to mention to constant churn and change at the position hasn't helped build any consistency. oh well...they'll have to make it work with what they got. i won't write them off just yet

bishopstrongbow bishopstrongbow yall going show up on thursday?

I'll let you know after tonight's game.

Need Seattle to handle Minny first.

Thursday is more of a Must Win for the Bears than Dallas.

Dallas can still win that division at 8-8 **** even 7-9 no lie.

Vikes lose today and Bears win Thursday, 7-6 heading into Packer week with Hicks & Trevathan coming back and then hey, you got a fighting chance.

They'll fall a game out of a playoff spot in my eyes though. Little too late on this end for me to believe they can do anything, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Why did the Pats trade Hollister? He’s looked real good in Seattle and probably would be their answer at tight end right now.

My coworker a Dolphins fan he was so pissed this morning with Parker :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"why.. why all of a sudden now you want to play well. what the hell are you doing."

I’m going to Packers Bears game in 2 weeks and kind of rooting for Bears because I want the stakes to be higher for the game. Idk if that’s weird or not. Still a must win regardless I guess.

Nah Bears/Packers is always a heated matchup every year. Either the Packers are really good and Bears trying to just play spoiler role or both teams are in contention for a spot.

A Vikings L and Bears W this week would really spice up that last NFC spot going into the final weeks between Rams/Vikings/Bears.

Back
Top Bottom