NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

full

26BB87B5-4A06-476C-927F-5722DB34EDCA.jpeg

yeah i thought so too. the pass wasnt great. it's becoming damned if you, damned if you don't in terms of forcing throws or throwing away. there were 4-5 drop backs where he had 3-4 seconds to throw but everyone was smothered

that’s where the Texans defense shined. they knew who and how to cover those players, like an example was when the defense had a DB on SweetFeet. That was key.

it also doesn’t help our offense when our QB is 42 and can’t scramble to save his ***

that’s where the Texans defense shined. they knew who and how to cover those players, like an example was when the defense had a DB on SweetFeet. That was key.

it also doesn’t help our offense when our QB is 42 and can’t scramble to save his ***

it's legitimately painful to see brady try to run in the open field. it looks like he's running in sand while wearing Hahahaha Hahahaha 's timbs

inb4 TLDR....

Have a feeling a good portion of Chiefs week will be Dump On Tom Brady week.

To be honest, some of it is deserved. He hasn’t exactly rolled out the welcome mat to any of the new targets, be it N’Keal Harry, Jakobi Meyers or Matt LaCosse. Probably because he can’t believe that’s all Bill Belichick could muster for the offense, especially after Rob Gronkowski’s own Shawshank Redemption, while the defense rolls three deep at each position.

And Brady wouldn’t be wrong in feeling that way. In fact, it would be very accurate.

But that time is over. This is who they have for the rest of the season. That idiot-receiver-who-shall-not-be-named is not walking through that door, no matter how many Instagram emojis Brady throws out there.

The Patriots are rolling, boom or bust, with the law firm of Edelman, White & A Bunch Of Guys Who Can’t Beat Man Coverage.

Yeah, Belichick’s defense better throw up a bunch of donuts.

Basically, what I wrote last weekend holds even truer now: this is the worst collection of offensive talent the Patriots have had in the Second Ring Dynasty. Josh McDaniels, who is going to have to stick with the run more, will have to use Thick Fog & Mirrors.

But if the offense is to do enough to win a Super Bowl title, everyone’s going to have to do more. Belichick. Brady. McDaniels. And the receivers.

Don’t make excuses for them. Don’t put this all on Brady.

Three plays showed where they are lacking, and what they need to overcome.

The first is the interception. N’Keal Harry, the first-round pick who was drafted because of his size/speed combination, was just a disaster on the play. He comes off the line well, and then falls apart. The errors:

1. He sticks his left foot in the ground at the top of the route, but instead of pushing off and coming down the line in one step, he comes off tentative and soft. Everything he does is tentative and soft because he lacks confidence in what he’s doing. It’s not good enough. That pitter-patter allows Bradley Roby to stick with him.
  2. Roby predictably, as any good veteran corner would, tugs at Harry and gets physical with him. Instead of anticipating contact and fighting through it, he allows Roby to affect him and his steps slow. Roby takes the opening and cuts inside.
This just can’t happen to a professional receiver. At least not a good one. Harry has to be tougher and better. This isn’t college football anymore. This is the NFL. Expect contact. Overcome it.

The second play was the third down that ended the next drive to Meyers.
  1. Meyers understands Brady wants improvisation, but when he encounters physical contact, he just stops.
  2. He can’t stop his route there. If he fights through contact and keeps going or maybe acts a little, he could draw a flag to extend the drive.
  3. Or he could out-muscle the cornerback and make the big play the Patriots need right there.
  4. The last thing you can do there is stop the route. You can see the disappointment on the Patriots sideline. Ivan Fears almost goes on his knees. McDaniels starts walking back to the bench in disgust.
This just isn’t good enough for a professional receiver. We’re now 12 games into this. Meyers is not undrafted and he’s not a rookie anymore. That’s over. He needs to make plays. He can make plays, if he plays tougher and with confidence.

The third play was the incompletion to no one because Phillip Dorsett hitched instead of doing an out-and-up, which Brady called for. I’ll let the much smarter Dan Orlovsky take this one:

he ends it with...

"I’m sure it’s not helping that receivers coach Joe Judge, who’s a really good coach, has his priorities split with special teams. This group of receivers needs a full-time teacher. These lessons need to be learned now.

And Belichick might have to get more involved in the offensive discussions because McDaniels and Brady seem out of answers.

It’s not their fault, it’s Belichick’s. So he needs to find a way out of this. Because what they’re putting out there is not nearly good enough against good teams."

i mostly agree, but i think Brady's gotta hold the ball more being throwing it away at times. i know our OL isn't making that easy, but if these guys need more time to get open, that's really going to be the only way. he's already taking a lot of hits, but i dunno, this stuff isn't really fixable mid season in December now. it's fixed in OTAs, passing camps, etc..

Last edited:
I've never been more disgusted in this team. Need Gase gone like the plague, shoot him to the moon, IDC where tf he ends up. Shame on me for even giving him credit these past three wins.

HOW THE **** DO YOU GIVE BELL 10 CARRIES AGAINST THE WORST RUN-D IN THE NFL?

I called the Bengals winning that game, Jets shouldn’t have won their last few games. They’re trash.

It's time for the 100th annual season of the NFL.

Storylines going into the 2019/2020 Season:

- Will Tom Brady and the New England Patriots win their 7th Super Bowl ring?

- Do the Los Angeles Rams perform well even without a healthy Todd Gurley?

- Which rookie QB can turn their franchise around?

- Is Antonio Brown worth the headache in Oakland?

- How well does Aaron Rodgers get along with rookie head coach Matt Lafleur?

- Will the Cleveland Browns live up to the high expectations?

- Which sophomore QB takes the next step in their game?

- Are the Jets legitimate contenders?

- Do the 49ers have enough in place with a healthy Jimmy G to reach the playoffs?

- Is this the final season for Jameis in Tampa, Mariota in Tennessee and Dalton in Cincinnati?

- Can Hahahaha Hahahaha last a full season without getting banned?

- How will the loss of AB and Le'veon Bell effect the Steelers?

- Can Kirk Cousins perform well in primetime games?

- Is Dak Prescott worthy of being the highest paid QB in the league?

- Did the Eagles make the right decision sticking with Wentz?

- Do running backs matter?

- Will the Chiefs finally reach the Super Bowl?

- Can Mitchell Trubisky take the next step for the Bears to have a shot at the Lombardi?

- Which NTers defend domestic violence this season?

- Is Nick Foles ready to be the savior in Jacksonville?

- What team will be the biggest surprise of the season?

I think it's best I answer some of these.

Do the Los Angeles Rams perform well even without a healthy Todd Gurley?
- They're aight.

Can Kirk Cousins perform well in primetime games?
- Doth can

Do the 49ers have enough in place with a healthy Jimmy G to reach the playoffs?
- yep

Is this the final season for Jameis in Tampa, Mariota in Tennessee and Dalton in Cincinnati?
-
Looks that way for Jameis and Mariota

What team will be the biggest surprise of the season?

Is Dak Prescott worthy of being the highest paid QB in the league?

Is Nick Foles ready to be the savior in Jacksonville?

Can Mitchell Trubisky take the next step for the Bears to have a shot at the Lombardi?

Are the Jets legitimate contenders?

Will the Cleveland Browns live up to the high expectations?

Is Antonio Brown worth the headache in Oakland?

Back
Top Bottom