NFL Week 1 In Review...Ya'll Gonna Get This Work...

Yall really surprised at the run/pass ratio from Andy Reid? This was his M.O. when he had Brian Westbrook in the backfield as well.

*Did Collinsworth really call Ike Taylor "Swaggy?" LOLOLOLOL.

*Not for nothing, the replacement refs weren't too bad yesterday (in the games I saw). Had a few hiccups, but it wasn't an overall disaster.

*Julio Jones doing work too

Cutty is going to cook all year, just pray we stay healthy 
pimp.gif

Bears win on a Monday is so sweet...Bears win and a short week playing Packers on Thursday makes this week THAT much better

Alex Smith was essentially flawless. Frank Gore ran wild through the Packers defense. Late in the Green Bay Packers' loss to the San Francisco 49ers, we thought the Packers were lucky just to be in the game.

The Packers feel differently.

"We beat ourselves. They really didn't beat us," cornerback Jarrett Bush said after the game, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "We just have to hunker down and make sure we're gap sound and get on the same page. Obviously, small things being miscommunicated on the field become big things, so they exploited us and that's what happened."

Oh boy. If any of this sounds familiar, let's replay some comments from Clay Matthews this offseason about Green Bay's playoff loss to the New York Giants.

"The fact is, (the Giants) didn't beat us; we beat ourselves," Matthews told Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports.

Give us a break. The Giants and 49ers pushed the Packers around. Green Bay has lost three of its last four games. Their defense was generally awful for all of last season.

We're starting to think Green Bay's attitude that no team can actually beat them is part of the problem.

When are dudes going to just take their L and prepare for the next week? "We beat ourselves" is such a cop out. Especially coming from J. Bush...any time SF needed yards, they threw to his side. :smh:

Bush is a Special Teams ace... It's sad hes starting at CB.

Sam Shields took some steps backwards and thats hurting big time.

I'm not worried about Stafford. The picks were horrible decisions but can be fixed. Just week one nerves. We still had 450+ yards offense and moved the ball with ease. The defense played great and was able to stop Jackson, secondary still looked a little suspect though.

Funny to always see people blowing things out of proportion the first week. The only sure enough bust is Brando Weeden, dude is absolute garbage.

i did not understand the steelers game plan at all last night. run consistently on 1st and 2nd downs when we could not get the run to work at all and end up with a pass on 3rd and long. ben was solid on those 3rd down passes. something like 8 of 10 for 120 something yards and a td. i'm not very sold on todd haley as of right now...

should be a fun season. i really missed football.

Most of the running plays you referred to were the beginning of the game. Looks like Haley wanted to try & establish the run. I liked what I saw from the offense last night. Nice catches from Miller, Brown, Wallace, & Sanders. Dwyer looked good getting that YAC. The o-line is a mess. Mike Adams is doing his best Mike Oher impression. Might be able to get an Emmy for that performance. Steeler CBs were straight dookie last night. Coach Lake has a lot of work to do. I don't think I place all blame on Ben for that INT more than Porter just balled last night. Denver did what they were supposed to do & win at home on TV. Peyton is still a great QB but lulz at him having to audible & then call a time out when Polumalu approached the line twice...Von Miller is a beast...

Rest of the league-
- Cowboys Ogletree had the game Cruz was supposed to have. Romo had a solid season last year & great game last week. We might be seeing his coming out party.
- Always believed Sanchez could be good. He needs to take that o-line out for a steak dinner.
- Are the Bills really that bad?
- Never seen a QB command an offense in his first game like RGIII did yesterday. Skins fans have to be jumping for joy.
- Russell Wilson looks good, too bad Braylon Edwards doesn't. What happened to Sidney Rice?
- Seattle T Russell Okung stays hurt.
- San Fran looks for real.
- Green Bay doesn't. Still only week 1 though...
- Good to see AP & Forte come back strong. Especially glad Forte got his dough too.
- Chris Johnson needs to give his dough back.
- Malarkey is a miracle worker with what he's done with Gabbert. Complete turn around from what I saw last year. He's actually standing tall in the pocket & making throws.
- Vick needed the last 2 years to pull his career completion % close to Kyle Boller's. Think about that...Granted it was the Browns, but Castillo's D looked ok yesterday but Reid/Mornhinweg need to dial back the passing attempts for someone whose proven he can't be an efficient QB.

* Not looking too much into thing because it's week 1. We'll have a clearer picture of things by week 4...

-The good Romo showed up and defense was impressive.

-The Bears will be a problem for everyone.

-RGIII really impressed me last night with his poised demeanor, he played like someone who already had a year or two in the NFL.

-Peyton is back.

-I see the Pats are making a statement early.

-Eagles need to iron out some kinks.

-Texans are seasoned now so they can take to anyone in the AFC.

-We contained Rogers as much as we could and props to Green Bay not going away that easily.

He barely made it, needed a lucky bounce on the crossbar. Jano cleared it with a few more yards tacked on if needed.

Fair enough but if Jano did it in Denver then we know the mile high winds helped him out, if Jano did it in Oakland then we know he did it for a team that was irrelevant then and still is irrelevant know so it's all for nothing either way.

:lol:

You know football is back when he gets his panties in a bunch :lol:

He barely made it, needed a lucky bounce on the crossbar. Jano cleared it with a few more yards tacked on if needed.

That was in Denver. Not nearly as impressive. 2 of the 63ers were in Denver and 1 was aided by a shoe advantage.

Akers is the true record holder.

Last edited:
Julio is going to put up numbers this year.

Peyton back like he never left.

Browns being the Browns.

Yes! Finally made a QOTW. Thank you Seattle, for that.

Oh well...Vikings won. That's all I care about.

Panthers
- stand behind Panthers having one of the most explosive O's in the game.
- still had a chance to win the game, the O just couldnt take advantage.
- was impressed with the D.
- still think Panthers can finish 3rd or 1st...i stand by that one.

others
- falcons fans please dont get gassed...even tho Julio is a monster, turner is slowing down. so that means more pressure on Matt.
- Good game Bucc totally different team from last year.
- Eagles :x a win is a win tho
- Cutler and Marshall are gonna do numbers.
- 9ers D is just silly.
- Bush wont get 1200 bc teams are gonna put 9 in the box every game.
- ******** will still finish under 500 this year.
- Peyton is gonna turn Bey Bey into a star.
- ill be shocked if Moss doesnt act up this year...says something or does somthing.
- steelers will struggle this year with that OLine.
- Pat have found a defensive and with that O...wow
- Chris Johnson is stealing money at this point.
- locker played well.
- Browns wasted a draft choice and a 29 year old...they will forever regret that.

Last edited:
* Not looking too much into thing because it's week 1. We'll have a clearer picture of things by week 4...

This right here. So many things change over the course of the year but people get so hyped over the start of football that all objectivity goes out the window. :lol:

Plus, everyone whose team wins get filled with hope and that's always nice.

i did not understand the steelers game plan at all last night. run consistently on 1st and 2nd downs when we could not get the run to work at all and end up with a pass on 3rd and long. ben was solid on those 3rd down passes. something like 8 of 10 for 120 something yards and a td. i'm not very sold on todd haley as of right now...

should be a fun season. i really missed football.

- Russell Wilson looks good, too bad Braylon Edwards doesn't. What happened to Sidney Rice?

Sucks they didnt go to him at that point because he had made some great diving catches throughout the game. His TD he caught was similar to the one Braylon dropped too

Will expand on my comments later but a few things I really liked

49ers. Love the way this team is constructed and plays, very 'Steeler Football' and I am kinda jealous of the style and execution
18. So good, one to tell the kids about
T Porter I love good DB play and he was all over the ball last night
RG3. Great win and performance
NE offense. Most consistent thing besides taxes

Many more things I didn't like but I'll do that at home

:lol: watching the post reject VD was the highlight of my day.

Still watching these games but RGIII :pimp:

Giants, Saints, and Packers should bounce back next week, but the Packers are very lucky that their thursday night game is in lambeau.

49ers should of the NFC West wrapped up early again.

Sucks that Giants were the only team to lose week 1, the ******** win is pretty huge since all the other teams in the NFC East could lose to the Saints down the road :smh:

Last edited:
- Impressive road wins by the Cowboys, Falcons, and especially the ******** and 49ers.

- Peyton Manning.
pimp.gif
It's like he never left.

- RGIII.
nthat.gif

- The Eagles and Michael Vick.
sick.gif
They got the W, but it's gotta be disconcerting seeing how erratic the offense was most of the game. Vick came through on that final drive though.

-
mean.gif
@ the Seahawks' receivers not giving RussellMania the opportunity to run wild on the Cardinals by dropping passes galore on that final drive.

- The Jets' offense looked like a juggernaut, but they were playing against the dreadful Bills. If they do it against the Steelers on Sunday then I'd really be impressed.

- Ryan Fitzpatrick.
sick.gif
Dude has been straight garbage since signing that big contract.

- Looks like the Browns gonna have to pick yet another QB in the 2013 draft. The good thing though is Weeden has nowhere to go but up from here. I think it'll be humanly impossible for a QB to play worse than he did yesterday.

- AD and MJD looked good in their first game considering how much time they missed.

- Is CJ2k rushing for only 4 yards more indicative of the Patriots defense being improved, him still not being back to his former self or a combination of both?

Top 10 WR's, in order:

Julio
Megatron
Dre
Fitz
Desean
AJ
Wallace
Dez
Marshall
Smitty

Problem?