NFL Week 14 In Review.....Short Version...

Yeah the 'stipulation' that QBs become runners but then are always protected as QBs is just another example of the BS Goodell rules which just confuse refs and make them worse. James has had some questionable or dirty hits, but this isn't that high on the list to me considering how the play went. The action that is atrocious is Cleveland letting him back in, could've seriously been injured long term. Regardless I don't think he gets suspended this time since it is his first violation this year

dmxfury wrote:
Yeah the 'stipulation' that QBs become runners but then are always protected as QBs is just another example of the BS Goodell rules which just confuse refs and make them worse. James has had some questionable or dirty hits, but this isn't that high on the list to me considering how the play went. The action that is atrocious is Cleveland letting him back in, could've seriously been injured long term. Regardless I don't think he gets suspended this time since it is his first violation this year
Pittsburgh is just as culpable for letting Polomalu back in when he got his bell rung 2 weeks ago. Anyone one could clearly see he got knocked out. I'm pissed at the Steelers for letting him back the following week.

This whole concussion thing is a farce. godell is legislating these hits but letting players back into games. That poor offensive lineman from the Chargers....That vid was horrible...

Originally Posted by renegade34474

- that ain't the first time Alphonso Smith picked off Chrissy Poo
laugh.gif
+$%$ was FSU/WAKE all over again
laugh.gif

Good point about Troy, I was confused on that one as well. The whole player safety joke the league pushes (while adding games, showing violent hits all the time, etc) is so confused and hypocritical anyway. James got a game, I disagree but Roger does hate him so not surprised. This is why you don't call out the commish

Originally Posted by dmxfury

the nfl is going to consider suspending him though which i think automatically means that they'll fine him at the very least. i think if harrison didn't act so indifferent when asked about the hit, maybe the league would go a little easier on him, but it just made harrison sound like he didn't care and that he'll just deal with whatever they throw at him. i guess it's just frustration on his part, because it's either play softer and risk letting the opponent get further or just play the game the way you play it and deal with the backlash.

Originally Posted by psk2310

dmxfury wrote:
Pittsburgh is just as culpable for letting Polomalu back in when he got his bell rung 2 weeks ago. Anyone one could clearly see he got knocked out. I'm pissed at the Steelers for letting him back the following week.

This whole concussion thing is a farce. godell is legislating these hits but letting players back into games. That poor offensive lineman from the Chargers....That vid was horrible...

i might have missed something, but i feel like they've kept polamalu out the past couple times when he's gotten hurt though. both times they said it was as a precaution and both times he passed the baseline tests the next practice and was cleared for the following game, but he definitely didn't finish the games including one game where i believe he went out in the first quarter.

NFL hits are just as ferocious as hits in NHL yet Crosby can miss all of last year & time this year yet NFL players can clearly get knocked either come back into the game or maybe miss the following game. Who cares if the player has a seizure on the plane ride home (sarcasm).

If godell is going to legislate hits, then he should've had independent neurologists on the side lines that reviewed each player after violent hits. I read this sad article/interview on Jim McMahon & how he's lost a lot of memory. He'll walk into rooms & forget why he was walking into to the room. He wasn't even known for getting hit bad yet his memory & brain is mush now.

These players today are def bigger, faster & stronger. All of them will be mush when they get into thier mid to late 40s & on....

Sher maybe your right and I was thinking of something else. Hm. I gotta get back to work

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

Originally Posted by dmxfury

the nfl is going to consider suspending him though which i think automatically means that they'll fine him at the very least. i think if harrison didn't act so indifferent when asked about the hit, maybe the league would go a little easier on him, but it just made harrison sound like he didn't care and that he'll just deal with whatever they throw at him. i guess it's just frustration on his part, because it's either play softer and risk letting the opponent get further or just play the game the way you play it and deal with the backlash.

Originally Posted by psk2310

dmxfury wrote:
Pittsburgh is just as culpable for letting Polomalu back in when he got his bell rung 2 weeks ago. Anyone one could clearly see he got knocked out. I'm pissed at the Steelers for letting him back the following week.

This whole concussion thing is a farce. godell is legislating these hits but letting players back into games. That poor offensive lineman from the Chargers....That vid was horrible...

i might have missed something, but i feel like they've kept polamalu out the past couple times when he's gotten hurt though. both times they said it was as a precaution and both times he passed the baseline tests the next practice and was cleared for the following game, but he definitely didn't finish the games including one game where i believe he went out in the first quarter.
Troy didn't come back into the game but he came back the following game. He clearly got knocked out. I don't trust the tests that team doctors give. They have to be independent in order to be impartial IMO. How on earth did the San Diego trainers let that poor lineman back in the game earlier in the season? Like I said, if godell wants to legislate the players making this hits, he needs to legislate teams to protect the health & well being of the players getting hit.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

What's the consensus on Sam Bradford now...?

He looked better last year to me...
He's learning a new system with new terminology & he really doesn't have any proven playmakers outside of Jackson. I think he will be ok in the long run but the Rams have to do a better job of drafting skill players on offense.

It's funny, that team is no better than they were before Coach Sponge got there...

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Sam Bradford is Not a Good QB.

Josh Freeman is, though
grin.gif
Too early to really judge. If they do this next year, then its pretty much a sure bet.

Especially if Rams get another good receiver.

Back
Top Bottom