NFL Week 14 In Review.....Short Version...

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

Skelton= troll

went to school with dude
comedy that he's doin it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Ha ha when it was just Craftsy and I, I swear there was about two posts after XL. Hilarious

you're a little too friendly though...you gotta have fun and start some controversy every once in a while to keep things fresh and interesting.

ever since thursday, i've literally been struggling deciding whether or not harrison's hit was dirty. i can't bring myself to say it was a dirty hit, but i feel like it might just be because i'm too biased...at the same time though, he clearly tucked the ball and started running vertically. he almost scored on the first drive by basically doing the same thing (but ended up diving like an idiot literally right in front of the goal line). he was a threat to run and after he tucked the ball and started running, he lost all protection that a qb has. harrison went straight to him and mccoy flipped the ball to the receiver next to him right before harrison got there. yes, there was helmet to helmet contact, but that is perfectly legal and within the rules of a RUNNER. sure, i wish harrison would have went lower so we could avoid all this bs, but i still feel like it was a legal hit. i don't think it should warrant a suspension much less a fine.

there are 4 QBs rated over 100 on the year...we all know the first three. who's number 4? here's a clue: it's the guy who gets blamed for every cowboys loss...

that cowboys team, like many other teams, is severely flawed in areas other than QB. tony has had a couple games this year where sure, you can hang a loss on him. but you can't let that defense off the hook. you can't let their head coach and staff off the hook. it's not romo this year...it really isn't.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Bengals make my heart hurt.

That's all.

See this is what I don't get .... Y'all are 7-6..

I, like many, thought they'd win < 5 games ... Yeah they are playing well but did you really expect playoffs?
Every Sunday since week 1 I've been expecting a win. Unless its a 2008 type situation.

Are we supposed to expect them to lose? The schedule isn't the strong either.

Jets have to lose twice for us to have a shot?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

^ tony is leading late game drives damn near every week like Eli?

for the most part yea....romo has driven us down and put us in position to win in the final possesion in almost every game...det,phi,nyj exceptions. icing the kicker cost dallas the last two alone...but romo had em in position each time..same in ne..miami..was(twice)..alot of boys games has come down to romo driving in the finish and more often than not he gets there...
now, what the kickers or leaky defenses do is out of his control...

but the numbers betweein eli and romo are pretty even this year..down to the wins..but eli is getting praised as possibly "elite" and romo seems to be underachieving..in eli's best year and one of tonys average years...yall give my man alot of undue heat...jus sayin..

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

I, like many, thought they'd win < 5 games ... Yeah they are playing well but did you really expect playoffs?
Every Sunday since week 1 I've been expecting a win. Unless its a 2008 type situation.

I mean y'all Wanting them to win is a lot different then expecting ...

Originally Posted by VA757VA

for the most part yea....romo has driven us down and put us in position to win in the final possesion in almost every game...det,phi,nyj exceptions. icing the kicker cost dallas the last two alone...but romo had em in position each time..same in ne..miami..was(twice)..alot of boys games has come down to romo driving in the finish and more often than not he gets there...

but the numbers betweein eli and romo are pretty even this year..down to the wins..but eli is getting praised as possibly "elite" and romo seems to be underachieving..in eli's best year and one of tonys average years...yall give my man alot of undue heat...jus sayin..
All I'm saying is Eli doesn't miss that throw to Miles Austin when it counts. (oh I forgot he lost it in the lights). Romo = anti-clutch. Numbers mean nothing when you can't pull it out in the end.

Originally Posted by jc619er

Originally Posted by VA757VA

All I'm saying is Eli doesn't miss that throw to Miles Austin when it counts. (oh I forgot he lost it in the lights). Romo = anti-clutch. Numbers mean nothing when you can't pull it out in the end.
Pretty much, Eli is a proven winner, Romo has one playoff win in his whole career....and Eli is sure as hell doing a lot more with A LOT less than Romo is.
Eli even played a little better yesterday and made all the clutch throws that were needed, even with the missed gimme's that did not faze him. Romo has always been a guy who gets his numbers but not when it matters.

Eli has been great this year undoubtedly...But Cruz/Nicks are really good recievers in their own right, its not like he is out there throwing to bums and !**%, you guys have some talent at skill positions.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

I mean y'all Wanting them to win is a lot different then expecting ...

Outside of the Steelers loss the biggest loss is 7 points. I'm still trying to understand why we shouldn't expect them to win? We haven't lost to a team that's not in the playoffs as of today.

Which is very impressive, yet surprising... Maybe I took it the wrong way and was simply saying that the Bengals have done a lot better then what most thought, and getting upset about them losing an possibly not making the playoffs is ok, but in the scheme of things you didn't expect it..

It's like the Indians last year ... Yeah I was extremely upset with them getting owned by Detroit towards the end, but the fact that they (with NO expectations) had a chance in the beginning of Sepetember is something that I can't get mad about ..

Even if Cincy goes 7-9 they still did better and had a decent year ... This isn't a SB team

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

ever since thursday, i've literally been struggling deciding whether or not harrison's hit was dirty. i can't bring myself to say it was a dirty hit, but i feel like it might just be because i'm too biased...at the same time though, he clearly tucked the ball and started running vertically. he almost scored on the first drive by basically doing the same thing (but ended up diving like an idiot literally right in front of the goal line). he was a threat to run and after he tucked the ball and started running, he lost all protection that a qb has. harrison went straight to him and mccoy flipped the ball to the receiver next to him right before harrison got there. yes, there was helmet to helmet contact, but that is perfectly legal and within the rules of a RUNNER. sure, i wish harrison would have went lower so we could avoid all this bs, but i still feel like it was a legal hit. i don't think it should warrant a suspension much less a fine.

I've been going a bit back and forth with it too....but here's what i've concluded IMO. McCoy was outside of the pocket thus making him a runner. Should have there been a flag? Maybe. But nothing more then that. No way should there be a fine or should a suspension even be thought of. RB's getting knocked in the head every run. You watch the games, Linebackers crown almost every dive. When Mendenhall had his 4 shots at the end zone, i dont remember which player it was but he came through the middle, lead with his helmet and rocked Mendenhalls head back. No flag, nothing. I wish i could find the pics/vid of this for my example but i can't. This hit won't even be talked about. RBs get nailed all the time and something is RARELY called for that. So, why is it ok to hit RBs H2H but when McCoy is out of the pocket and becomes a RB, this happens? Its cause its Harrison, thats why. Sure some of his previous plays last year I myself would consider dirty and he should have been fined for them, but this? No.

Back
Top Bottom