NFL Week 8 In Review...

Calvin Johnson has been in the league 7 years and still has never played with another offensive pro bowler or all pro.

pro bowls are a joke. Cassell made in 2011 over staford. Hell Richard Sherman has never been to the pro bowl :lol:

Shoes was right when he said people are ready to crown qbs the best in the league on a weekly basis.

Opinions on players change so swiftly based on one or two bad games... Or good games.

One week RG3 is the best young qb in the league, the next its Russell, the next its Kaep, then it's Lucks turn... Now it's come full circle back to Cam again.

Next week if Cam has a bad game he'll fall back in the pecking order again down to #5 best young qb.

***** hilarious.

1848 total yards and 15 TDs

vs.

1964 total yards and 5 TDs

just saying ...

Last edited:
Yeah Jerry definitely wasn't essential to the Niners winning those rings...

He definitely didn't help Montana and Young look better than they were...

Not needed at all on those stacked teams. Absolutely not.

Rice did more with less? So we penalize Calvin for being a freak of nature?

You are going to penalize Rice for being drafted by the 49ers? Who cares who was the QB? Is Mark Duper and all-time great just because he played with Marino? Just because you play with a great QB doesnt mean anything.

Calvin Johnson has been in the league 7 years and still has never played with another offensive pro bowler or all pro.

Brady
Peyton
AROD
Romo

Is Stafford going to get the nod over these QBs? Stafford has only played 2 full seasons and threw for 5,000 yds the past 2 years, lets not act like Stafford is some slouch.

Last edited:

CJ best WR of All Time? Hilarious
laugh.gif

Jerry Rice has the stats and Super Bowl rings
Serious question, outside of longevity what did Jerry Rice do better than Calvin Johnson does right now?
We can start with scoring touchdowns. 

pro bowls are a joke. Cassell made in 2011 over staford. Hell Richard Sherman has never been to the pro bowl :lol:

That's why he included All Pro.

Y'all need to stop with this SB Rings nonsense. What the hell does Calvin not having any rings have to do with it? :lol:

If Dez was either complaining about lack of targets or the fact that Dallas' offense let them get the ball back so easily, he has every goddamn right to go off like he did in my mind. I'll agree with MPire to a point, I think some Cowboys players have learned to deal with mediocrity and be content with the "make the playoffs or compete for a spot = good season" mentality. I'm glad Dez got in their face. I'm glad he got in Garrett's face. He should have got in the defense's face for that ATROCIOUS coverage on Durham on that 40 yard catch.

I understand you like T-Will...but Detroit did a good job of cutting him out outside of that one play. After the catch he made in the second quarter, I'm looking Dez's way more often than not.

The defense gets the full blame for me. Romo didn't look his best for 3 quarters but he came on in the fourth. The defense, that coach and that abhorrent running game. Why the hell is Randle still getting carries? This guy has shown nothing for two games and could barely break even on most of his carries. Dunbar wasn't that much better but the kid was still showing some burst and power. Randle killed them with his negative carries on those two drives. Dunbar goes -3 and -7 yards but gets the next carry? Come on.

Chester is right as well. Yea, the media covered the hell out of Tom Brady killing his guys on the sidelines. But the negative words were few and far between each other. It's the same ****. Dez is going to get hammered by people outside of Carter & Key. It's the same people that have been waiting for a big moment like this to pounce on him since the combine.

/rant

CJ best WR of All Time? Hilarious :lol:

Serious question, outside of longevity what did Jerry Rice do better than Calvin Johnson does right now?

One wonders how Calvin would fare with Joe Montana and Steve Young.

Not sure that Stafford's random heaves would have the same result with Jerry back there, instead of the 6-5 Calvin.

But let us not get into your way young Deuce, please, go on.....

ill take it a step further :

vs.

vs.

1493 total yards and 23 TDs

please rank the above in order

ill take it a step further :

vs.

vs.

1493 total yards and 23 TDs

please rank the above in order

yeah randy moss's season is the best season i have ever seen in my life for a WR

and im not even trying to **** on Calvin . dude is clearly the best in the game right now . but lets not act like him breaking the total yards record is an indication of him being better than Rice or Moss . hes gotta do more IMO

CJ best WR of All Time? Hilarious
laugh.gif

One wonders how Calvin would fare with Joe Montana and Steve Young.

tootsie-roll-pop-owl.jpg

Also, whether folks want to admit it or not there is something said about winning a Super Bowl and having a ring or rings.  It's not the end all be all but it is a factor depending on the position that is being discussed. 

can we use the "today's NFL is more of a passing league" argument here as well? since you know, we knock QBs down a notch for that reason...

Correction: Rice is quicker, not faster overall than Calvin Johnson. Calvin doesn't need those though. But, if he improves anymore, he will be clearly the best, ring or no ring.

can we use the "today's NFL is more of a passing league" argument here as well? since you know, we knock QBs down a notch for that reason...

The skill that Calvin has to come down with some of these obscene throws over the last four years kinda cuts into that argument for me.

Week 8 was easy money for the big twin digit favorites. Hopefully, the Seahawks continue that trend later.

Back
Top Bottom