NFL Week 8 In Review...

oh well yeah that too. a lot of bad offensive line play + coaches wanting to air it out a million times a game

Here's the NFL Film footage of when Dez "spazzed out" on Romo and the coaches.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000271580/Dez-Bryant-sideline-sound

Dude really is a cancer and needs to grow up like Brian Billick said when this sequence was replayed during the broadcast.
mean.gif

/end sarcasm
Dez needs to turn it down a notch though 
laugh.gif
and I can't speak on the incident with him and Witten.

Last edited:
johnson is the best receiver in the game right now. comparing him right now to jerry rice's career though? FOH.

Rice did more with less. With all this talk about how great of a specimen Megatron is, I think Moss is the most talented WR who ever played.

Megatron is great, the best in the league. Too early to talk about GOAT.

Reported for trolling...

Randy Moss best of all time :smh:

Dudes discrediting Calvin because he has more physical talent than Rice :smh:

Calvin does it all, he runs good routes, can go across the middle and make big plays. The only thing Rice did better was run crisper routes but who is to say that Calvin will never get there. I don't want to hear about work ethic either. Just because CJ isn't in the media talking about how he is running hills in the off season doesn't mean he isn't working harder than Jerry. I can guarantee he works his *** off in the off season just as hard for him to stay at that level.

Another thing I am tired of hearing is how Stafford just heaves balls up. Hell he does a damn good job of putting the ball where only his guy can make a play. Not many QB's in the league can make the throws that he has. Johnson has some amazing catches over the years, but don't forget Stafford being able to place the ball correctly to make those possible.

Calvin Johnson will be the greatest of all-time in my opinion. I said it again and I'm not a "young cat." I think if anything, people need to realize that th stars of yesteryear, when we were growing up, can be moved off the top spot. It's always happened. Michael Jordan may not forever be looked at as the best...Same with Rice, Montana and all the like.

Because Jerry Rice worked hard and worked with less given talent doesn't give him an entitlement for forever being the greatest of all-time. So long as the job gets done, what the hell does it matter if one used mastery of nuances vs. the other who simply was unstoppable? Johnson probably won't master the position like Rice, but it's unfair to not give him the chance to master the game to the best that he can, which still may be more than ample enough to continue to get the job done.

SB rings for a receiver is a dead argument. There's nothing there.

This is silly. I remember hearing the same things about Randy Moss. Prisoners of the moment.

Rice is considered one of the best FOOTBALL players ever.

By the way, I do think Moss is one of the most physically gifted WRs ever but no where near a great a player as Rice. However, you have to use those physical gifts. Calvin Johnson is like Lebron. Rice is like Jordan.

Last edited:
Calvin Johnson will be the greatest of all-time in my opinion. I said it again and I'm not a "young cat." I think if anything, people need to realize that th stars of yesteryear, when we were growing up, can be moved off the top spot. It's always happened. Michael Jordan may not forever be looked at as the best...Same with Rice, Montana and all the like.

Because Jerry Rice worked hard and worked with less given talent doesn't give him an entitlement for forever being the greatest of all-time. So long as the job gets done, what the hell does it matter if one used mastery of nuances vs. the other who simply was unstoppable? Johnson probably won't master the position like Rice, but it's unfair to not give him the chance to master the game to the best that he can, which still may be more than ample enough to continue to get the job done.

SB rings for a receiver is a dead argument. There's nothing there.

This is silly. I remember hearing the same things about Randy Moss. Prisoners of the moment.

Rice is considered one of the best FOOTBALL players ever.

By the way, I do think Moss is one of the most physically gifted WRs ever but no where near a great a player as Rice. However, you have to use those physical gifts. Calvin Johnson is like Lebron. Rice is like Jordan.

Silly as in what?

And I'm a Vikings fan who never could feel right saying Moss was anything close to Rice...and that's because it just wouldn't be true. I also figured that me vehemently saying this about CJ would make people assume I'm in a jail cell in Detroit with nothing but local broadcasts.

Calvin Johnson is also a great football player. Rice set a precedent that was unreal because he fully encompassed what a perfect and soundly rounded game could catapult someone to. You can't take away from that. However, it also doesn't mean someone can come along and be...more of an intimidating threat that gets the job done with a different, yet profound factor.

Last edited:
When you said that his tirade was about not getting the ball, and the video shows that it was not. 

When you said that his tirade was about not getting the ball, and the video shows that it was not. 

at the office so i can't really watch the video. i know he was saying something to the extent of "we're the best in the NFL" to romo, but didn't get the whole context

just read the transcript posted in the cowboys thread. he basically was telling romo he was open on a route. you perceive me saying he wants more targets as a selfish thing. i'm not saying he's selfish. i'm saying he wants more targets because he knows he's a playmaker and wants to make those plays to win the game

Reported for trolling...

Randy Moss best of all time :smh:

Dudes discrediting Calvin because he has more physical talent than Rice :smh:

Calvin does it all, he runs good routes, can go across the middle and make big plays. The only thing Rice did better was run crisper routes but who is to say that Calvin will never get there. I don't want to hear about work ethic either. Just because CJ isn't in the media talking about how he is running hills in the off season doesn't mean he isn't working harder than Jerry. I can guarantee he works his *** off in the off season just as hard for him to stay at that level.

Another thing I am tired of hearing is how Stafford just heaves balls up. Hell he does a damn good job of putting the ball where only his guy can make a play. Not many QB's in the league can make the throws that he has. Johnson has some amazing catches over the years, but don't forget Stafford being able to place the ball correctly to make those possible.

Where did I say Moss was the "best of all time"? I said he was the most talented WR who ever played.

Nobody is discrediting CJ for being more talented than Rice, we are saying that Rice did more with vastly less talent. People are discrediting Rice because he played with Montana and Young. Fact is while Montana is an all-time great, Young wasnt exactly putting up record breaking numbers. He only threw for 4,000 yds twice in his career. Stafford is going to throw for 5,000 yds for the third straight year this year.

Talent doesn't necessarily translate into a great football player. Jerry Rice took average talent and dominated the league. CJ dominates the league (as he should) with exemplary talent.

Last edited:
I wonder how come no one is discussing Brandon Carr's meltdown which was twice as worse than Dez's...

I wonder how come no one is discussing Brandon Carr's meltdown which was twice as worse than Dez's...
Any vid of that?  Curious.  

If he was complaining about being left 1on1 on Calvin, he DEFINITELY had a right to melt down.

Good article written by Jason Whitlock on Dez Bryant's outbursts: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9898230/jason-whitlock-dez-bryant

I agree with most of what he is saying despite the fact that I'm a supporter of Dez and want him to succeed.

A friend of mine, a native Detroiter, was seated a dozen rows up behind the Dallas bench on Sunday.
Stopped reading right there.
Whitlock is and has been a clown for years.

Ware, Witten, Garrett and Dez have all said what Dez was saying at the end of the game, exactly the opposite of what some of the media is still pushing.

We have audio of Dez not demanding the ball for selfish reasons.

Not once has Dez ever been accessed of being selfish by a player or coach on any level.

Matter of fact, has anyone associated with the Cowboys said what happened was Dez being selfish/ a problem? Or just the phshycic media?

Immediately after that outburst his teammates scored a TD on offense and he was the happiest one in the field.

With all of that being known, people are still saying Dez was being selfish. '21 percent of America can't read but 100 percent of America can read Dez's lips from the back of his head'.

Anyone who heard the audio and is saying "yeah but" is just looking for things to say about Dez.

Dez could've handled things better. But labeling him as a selfish prima Donna for Sunday is incorrect and ignorant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom