Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

By definition Nike having announced these months in advance, it doesn't make sense for this to be a QS.  That's just lame people making stuff up.

By definition Nike having announced these months in advance, it doesn't make sense for this to be a QS.  That's just lame people making stuff up.
I thought it had been explained before in the maroon thread by someone that works at FTL I believe that for the most part the NA retros will be labeled QS so that no discount will be able to be used on them.

I thought it had been explained before in the maroon thread by someone that works at FTL I believe that for the most part the NA retros will be labeled QS so that no discount will be able to be used on them.
I wasn't on that thread, but it still makes no sense to me.  Even GRs often have disclaimers on all of the major sites that no discounts or coupons can be used.

I wasn't on that thread, but it still makes no sense to me.  Even GRs often have disclaimers on all of the major sites that no discounts or coupons can be used.
THATS SPEAKING OF footlocker Stores NOT ONLINE

THATS SPEAKING OF footlocker Stores NOT ONLINE
Ah; ok.  FTL can do whatever they want and call it whatever they want, however, Nike won't be labeling the boxes as QS; it's simply not.  FTL can pull of whatever crap they can get away with to improve their profit margins.

I'm more excited about some true cement grey color more than the Nike air. That tech grey on the 2012 pair was terrible
I've been feeling the same way. While the lack of Nike air in the previous pair was a bummer, it was the dark grey that made them look so different than the previous pairs

Seems like the alternate 4s are releasing even more pairs than the Aqua's next week. I'm guessing the cements will be plentiful as well. @zsneakerheadz just listed the alternate 89 pair as a Super Ultra Mega GR. JB is def trying to cash out again in 2016

I'm now officially in. No longer carrying about pics. I'll try to put in as much raffles as I possibly can for these

I ready to see these. F a comparison looking for color. Not speckle density or NA. Just the shoe and its color.

It's not making stuff up, this is a joint Nike and FTL Inc. endeavor. Before you call people lames, go to your local FTL/Champs/Foot Action and look at the sticker tag for any of the AJ6 Maroons, The Holiday releases, the Kyrie 2 effects, and even those Anthony Davis PEs that dropped a while back. Hell, even some UA Curry shoes. They are all tagged as QS and excluded from discounts. You guys need to stop thinking that QS still means that a shoe has no release date. It's just a classification now.

You guys can be in denial all you want, but going forward, all hot releases are going to be tagged as QS now.

Corporate has sent the shops e-mails regarding how to handle the QS releases. Not even employees are allow to apply their discounts on QS releases anymore. Some shop still do, but they are slowly getting reprimanded and dinged for doing so. Stuff like the Alternate 4s are still fair game, but all the NA branded release, the gimmicky releases (Holiday, Easter, All Star Themed, etc) will get the QS treatment.

Last edited:

It's not making stuff up, this is a joint Nike and FTL Inc. endeavor. Before you call people lames, go to your local FTL/Champs/Foot Action and look at the sticker tag for any of the AJ6 Maroons, The Holiday releases, the Kyrie 2 effects, and even those Anthony Davis PEs that dropped a while back. Hell, even some UA Curry shoes. They are all tagged as QS and excluded from discounts. You guys need to stop thinking that QS still means that a shoe has no release date. It's just a classification now.

You guys can be in denial all you want, but going forward, all hot releases are going to be tagged as QS now.

Corporate has sent the shops e-mails regarding how to handle the QS releases. Not even employees are allow to apply their discounts on QS releases anymore. Some shop still do, but they are slowly getting reprimanded and dinged for doing so. Stuff like the Alternate 4s are still far game, but all the NA branded release, the gimmicky releases (Holiday, Easter, All Star Themed, etc) will get the QS treatment.

correct

this aint the old days where QS meant not seeing a shoe or knowing the date until the week of... its a different "shoe game" & ovb a different jb/nike

Last edited:

Corporate has sent the shops e-mails regarding how to handle the QS releases. Not even employees are allow to apply their discounts on QS releases anymore. Some shop still do, but they are slowly getting reprimanded and dinged for doing so. Stuff like the Alternate 4s are still fair game, but all the NA branded release, the gimmicky releases (Holiday, Easter, All Star Themed, etc) will get the QS treatment.

GR with a tag.....

Ok; gotcha.  So QS has a completely different meaning now.

Yes, it does. With the way things work, most store managers know what they will be getting from now up until the Holidays. They won't know quantities, or when they will be delivered to the store, but they know they will be getting the shoe. I have a friend who runs a shop with a pretty good account, and he is constantly having meetings with Nike to get his orders in. He just finalized his orders for next year, and he pretty much knows what he will get up until Oct '16. Stuff does get added to the "menu" throughout the year, but Nike will give the shop managers ample time/notice to place their orders (if they rate that particular release).

Yes, it does. With the way things work, most store managers know what they will be getting from now up until the Holidays. They won't know quantities, or when they will be delivered to the store, but they know they will be getting the shoe. I have a friend who runs a shop with a pretty good account, and he is constantly having meetings with Nike to get his orders in. He just finalized his orders for next year, and he pretty much knows what he will get up until Oct '16. Stuff does get added to the "menu" throughout the year, but Nike will give the shop managers ample time/notice to place their orders (if they rate that particular release).
Cool.  I learned something new today; that's always good.  Thank you!

Seems like the alternate 4s are releasing even more pairs than the Aqua's next week. I'm guessing the cements will be plentiful as well. @zsneakerheadz just listed the alternate 89 pair as a Super Ultra Mega GR. JB is def trying to cash out again in 2016

Nike is trying to double Jordan brand sales by 2020. They don't want to leave one dollar on the table. Hopefully that will result in an easier shoe buying experience. It shouldn't be a hassle to spend 240 on a pair of basketball shoes :smh: Other than the 240 part:lol:

Last edited:

Would be in but i assume canadian retail would be 280$ Too steep for a 15 year old with no job lol
It's great to hear someone making such an intelligent decision!  When I was 15, these shoes were $150 in Canada.  My parents split the cost with me.  I had a job to draw from.  We all know these will retro again.  If you want them, it's great to get a job and save up (along with saving in some kind of investment as well).  Then when they retro again you can buy them.  After all, these are just shoes, and that's a LOT of money; particularly for someone without any cash flow!  

Or apply some entrepreneurial spirit by selling some items you no longer want on eBay; just don't forget payal and ebay fees when determining your pricing ;-).

Back
Top Bottom