Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

Bring on the carmines, my all time favorite shoe....
I never seen a pair of carmines back in 91-92. Everyone had the infrared coloryways. I didn't know anyone with these I was 9 years old so I didn't see every Bulls game (not like they all aired on TV anyway). The first time I seen carmines was on a poster or a card (I really don't remember) sometime around '94. I remember thinking "That color Jordan is terrible".

Carmines is the only hyped sig colorway that I seriously find visually unpleasing. This is clear cut case of how people have differences in taste because to me these look like clown shoes (says the guy with pennywise avi). For the life of me, I can not see the appeal of these.

I never seen a pair of carmines back in 91-92. Everyone had the infrared coloryways. I didn't know anyone with these I was 9 years old so I didn't see every Bulls game (not like they all aired on TV anyway). The first time I seen carmines was on a poster or a card (I really don't remember) sometime around '94. I remember thinking "That color Jordan is terrible".

Carmines is the only hyped sig colorway that I seriously find visually unpleasing. This is clear cut case of how people have differences in taste because to me these look like clown shoes (says the guy with pennywise avi). For the life of me, I can not see the appeal of these.
Same here. I never saw anyone wearing Carmines back in the day (same with Grapes for what it's worth).  Everyone had Infrareds.

I've never understood why Carmines had such hype nowadays, but like you said, just differences in taste and I'm happy for everyone that likes them.  It's one pair that I'll never own.

I remember My 1st pair of Carmines. I was in 6th grade (I'm 33 now). I would always

go to my Dads for the weekend so he would buy me the new J's everytime. So I remember

seeing the Be Like Mike comercial from Gatorade. I had awready the Blk Infas, so when I seen that

comercial I was like WTF kinda shoes R those cuz back then when you seen a Jordan Nike comercial

they hardly ever showed the shoes real good. It was just usually a quick peak. Sooo anyway

I go to my Dads for the weekend we go to the local Mall FTL and I get my Carmines. Happiest kid in the

world just knowing Im the only one with these come Monday at school. Since  4th grade when I got my first pair

of J's (military IVs) I was usually the first in my town to have the new Nike AIR Jordans. So Monday morning Im walking to school

cool as hell, kids checking my feet out, and Im feeling pretty confident and cant wait tel recess to ball it up, when all

of sudden I see my friend who was taller than everyone else in our grade and wore a size 9, when I was a size 6 or 6.5

I see him and WTF hes got the Carmines also. But thats not wut got me all upset, wut got me all butt hurt was that he wore

men size and I was a youth size, so those of you remember wut Im talking about, Men sizes were Durabuck w/ suade

as the youth sizes wer just all leather no suade atleast on the VI's all leather, and the color was darker maroon rather than the

men size a cardinal Carmine color. As a kid I couldnt wait tel my foot grew to rock men sizes. But that didnt happen tel the

Aqua VIII's came out I was then in 8th grade. 

Last edited:
I never saw the appeal with the maroons. It's a color you don't see on kicks often but I just wish there was more color to it because it just looks boring for my taste.
this. its a hard color to match but im a sucker for vis and im willing to experiment and find out what outfit blends in with the shoe.

Why must they insist on raising hype

idk, personally i can do without the NA. 1) because everybody loses their minds over them making them almost impossible to get (not that they wouldnt sell extremely well with just a jumpman) 2) they charge us 40 dollars more for no more material or even really quality for that matter (some people may disagree but the 88s quality really wasnt much better then anything else IMO) 3) if you cant get them for retail then you are probably going to pay almost double retail (which is already ridiculous, and they may even be more than 200 next year) to be completely honest i wouldnt mind paying the extra 40 bucks if they would make enough to go around... it blows my mind when people say they have two or three pairs of the 88s when i couldnt even get one for retail.... anyway, bring on the year of the 6s! :D im not going to lie, im more excited then i used to be at christmas when i was 10 years old :wow:

Last edited:
I like the Carmines more than the white infrared a only because it has more color to it than the whites. But my favorite is the black infrared nothing beats that for me they are too clean

Not to derail this thread but if theres one AJ 6 OG colorway that must have the nike air treatment it should be the carmine 6!!!
tumblr_ljnpmnbD4P1qi0xeko1_500.jpg

Hoping/praying JB will bless us with em
I want these so bad

It's gonna be like the white grapes this year. Even tho its gonna be a GR it will sell out but at least a majority of people will be able to buy them
"White Grapes" :lol: A year ago, who would've ever thought we'd have to specify it like this? lol I agree with your comment though

"White Grapes" :lol: A year ago, who would've ever thought we'd have to specify it like this? lol I agree with your comment though
I know lol I just wanted to make sure everyone understood which pair I was talking about in particular. I feel weird having to differentiate the grapes between black/white but both are very clean cws anyway

still got my carmines and infrared pack on ice but i might bust them out soon if JB is really considering re-releasing them again
happy.gif

I know this is speculating pretty considerably but i'm hoping that this video just maybe means that oreo 6's are coming back out next year. Doesn't seem likely but if it happens I would be happyyy

Oreo 6s are terrible. From your post I assume you missed them which means you got an interest in kicks post 2010. Trust me you didn't miss out an anything with Oreo 6s!

Oreo 6s aren't releasing again.

At least I don't think they will.

I don't have any OG color ways of the 6s, so if they release, I expect to get them all.

:D

I know this is speculating pretty considerably but i'm hoping that this video just maybe means that oreo 6's are coming back out next year. Doesn't seem likely but if it happens I would be happyyy

Why would a video of a pair of fakes speculate that a shoe will retro?

Those are AAA quality fakes. Not GM, not early release, not a sample, nothing. Those are straight up fakes.

Don't hold your breath if you're thinking they'll retro because of that.

Back
Top Bottom